OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
bknizihkyxudv568vdgq.jpg

Apple just discontinued two members of the iPod family, the iPod Nano and the iPod Shuffle. Seems like if you want to listen to music on an iPod, your only choice now is the expensive iPod Touch; no more cheaper options. They've already pulled the two models off of their website, and the iPod link now redirects to the iPod Touch's page.

:arrow: Source
:arrow: iPod website

Reactions: The Catboy

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who's buying standalone iPods these days anyways? Seriously, eat that question and then dance me this.
A lot of people like dedicated music devices. Tbh, it really doesn't matter. An iPhone 7+ is still inferior to a 2013-2015 $150 Samsung smartphone you can get on eBay.

Thunder Hawk

Firefox Master Race
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bknizihkyxudv568vdgq.jpg

Apple just discontinued two members of the iPod family, the iPod Nano and the iPod Shuffle. Seems like if you want to listen to music on an iPod, your only choice now is the expensive iPod Touch; no more cheaper options. They've already pulled the two models off of their website, and the iPod link now redirects to the iPod Touch's page.

:arrow: Source
:arrow: iPod website
Really? It was discontinued now? I thought it was discontinued years ago.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I kind of understand why people would want a separated music player. Possibly cheaper and smaller than a phone, and you would save on phone battery life, but considering most people are going buy a phone anyway, may as well just get a battery pack or even a spare battery (even tho that's going away too).

Last edited by KingVamp,
Reactions: dpad_5678

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Smartphones killed this for the better part of a decade. Recent years show new movies can be dated if they show these items. What keeps a movie from being dated? Avoid using the technology of the day. Pretty simple, I learned that basically from a Q&A with Heather Langenkamp, aka Nancy from A Nightmare on Elm Street.

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

hobbledehoy899

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
A lot of people like dedicated music devices.
The people who want completely dedicated music devices these days are never going to pick up an iPod (or anything that could fit in even a generously sized pocket.) Keep in mind that most if not all people these days (including myself) don't want a completely dedicated music device in their pocket, we want a phone that can also play music with any number of apps on the market (my personal choice being foobar2000 on both my laptop and phone.)

D

Deleted User

Smartphones killed this for the better part of a decade. Recent years show new movies can be dated if they show these items. What keeps a movie from being dated? Avoid using the technology of the day. Pretty simple, I learned that basically from a Q&A with Heather Langenkamp, aka Nancy from A Nightmare on Elm Street.
Or, if you absolutely must use the tech of the day, intentionally date the movie to be a product of its time (kind of like acknowledging the tropes and pitfalls of the decade). It'll make it seem just a bit more natural.

The people who want completely dedicated music devices these days are never going to pick up an iPod (or anything that could fit in even a generously sized pocket.) Keep in mind that most if not all people these days (including myself) don't want a completely dedicated music device in their pocket, we want a phone that can also play music with any number of apps on the market (my personal choice being foobar2000 on both my laptop and phone.)
The only thing I see still worth having a dedicated device for is a gaming console. Touch controls suck, and most of the games on the App Store and Google Play suck harder.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or, if you absolutely must use the tech of the day, intentionally date the movie to be a product of its time (kind of like acknowledging the tropes and pitfalls of the decade). It'll make it seem just a bit more natural.

Most movies don't do that, and audiences would probably grow tired of seeing "Present Day" on the bottom screen. I was watching Men in Black recently and I couldn't catch anything that dated the film. If it was released say 3 years earlier, it would probably have pagers, ooh. Also The Matrix, hailed as revolutionary and all that, but it has those Nokia phones of the late 90s! That was hilarious. Dated technology can take me out of a movie. I think there was a recent movie I saw that had iPod Nano, Trainwreck with Amy Schumer comes to mind, but I'm not sure now.

rileysrjay

Connoisseur of all things Morshu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most movies don't do that, and audiences would probably grow tired of seeing "Present Day" on the bottom screen. I was watching Men in Black recently and I couldn't catch anything that dated the film. If it was released say 3 years earlier, it would probably have pagers, ooh. Also The Matrix, hailed as revolutionary and all that, but it has those Nokia phones of the late 90s! That was hilarious. Dated technology can take me out of a movie. I think there was a recent movie I saw that had iPod Nano, Trainwreck with Amy Schumer comes to mind, but I'm not sure now.
Or guardians of the Galaxy volume 2 when star Lord gets a zune? That was hilarious IMO especially when the guy that gave it to him said it was what everyone was listening to on Earth!

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
it was eventually to happen...
you can't blame apple on it, it's pretty usual..
HP doesn't even host drivers of old stuff

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
    S @ salazarcosplay: and good morning everyone +1