• Keep the current device buy new pen.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MionissNio

OP
Trophies
XP
Sigh, this again.

I'm just a hobbyist learning artist, I got surface pro 4 core m model, I must say that is the best Microsoft has to offer, but I have had constant bugs, terrible support and it's touchscreen died.

I really was about to opt for the iPad pro last time (2015) but the cost of apple pencil just made me chose the Surface, but know it is equal. I don't care about latency as much in the pen, but I heard this time it is almost the same in both devices, both have tilt, surface has edge of professional programs, iPad has edge of convenient programs. Both will cost identical with the pens, I'd prolly go for 128gb on the iPad and i5 on the Surface. There is something called Astropad on the iPad that just sold me, it essentially makes the iPad a cintiq, but it only works on Mac, I do not own a Mac, hackintosh maybe?

I also have the option to stick with my current device and just get the new pen since that works.

Last edited by MionissNio,
Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
The thing that pains me about recommending a Surface to artists is the N-Trig stylus. Personally, I think WaCom digitizers are better than the N-Trig technology Microsoft has been using for the past few Surface iterations. N-Trig stylii have an unnatural "wobble" when drawing, and it's most apparently when drawing slow, straight lines. I would say go for another Surface (or buy a new pen if your current Surface does everything you want it to), just because it can actually run full professional programs like Photoshop, but the pen technology on the iPad and other devices is better. Man, I just wish Microsoft would fix their pen issues. Then I'd recommend Surface left and right in a heartbeat.

Edit: This is what I'm talking about:

Can you see the jitter that happens as he's drawing? This is common on N-Trig devices and the only thing inhibiting me from going all-in on recommending Surface devices.

Last edited by HaloEliteLegend,
Reactions: Ace_Axel

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs