Hacking IOSU/Nintendo Noob questions...

pandavova

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have stupid things in my Mind.... We need a code right? How use the code? Why People dont share it? When we know Parts of the code (if they are real lol) why dont Bruteforce? Or do they "release" when the WiiU is dead (basicly now) / When NX is out? Why people share then the 3DS stuff? Why Nintendo don't just patch the Internet Browser like at the 3DS? Why they have a Browser, when its every time a problem for they? (Mobile / PC is 100% better)

Sorry for that questions.... Please dont kill me ._.

iAqua

Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
I have stupid things in my Mind.... We need a code right? How use the code? Why People dont share it? When we know Parts of the code (if they are real lol) why dont Bruteforce? Or do they "release" when the WiiU is dead (basicly now) / When NX is out? Why people share then the 3DS stuff? Why Nintendo don't just patch the Internet Browser like at the 3DS? Why they have a Browser, when its every time a problem for they? (Mobile / PC is 100% better)

Simpy brute forcing a systems iosu won't work, you'll need specific code unless you count constantly brute forcing for 80 years as a viable option.

D

Deleted User

SERIOUS ANSWER TIME: Nintendo has basically gave up on fixing wii u exploits, and no, you can't just bruteforce.

FaTaL_ErRoR

AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have stupid things in my Mind.... We need a code right? How use the code? Why People dont share it? When we know Parts of the code (if they are real lol) why dont Bruteforce? Or do they "release" when the WiiU is dead (basicly now) / When NX is out? Why people share then the 3DS stuff? Why Nintendo don't just patch the Internet Browser like at the 3DS? Why they have a Browser, when its every time a problem for they? (Mobile / PC is 100% better

No, you need more than a code.
Your have to break signature checks, and be able to make the console and the servers think nothing is wrong.
The wii u isnt dead. (Homebrew scene is but nintendo still not done)
The exploit that remains un patched remains that way as Nintendo builds a new web browser.
Right now as it stands that is their best course of action.
People dont share their exploit for full access as most ways have involved difficult hardware modifications. And rather than take the blame for a bunch of ruined consoles due to improper wiring, they dont release.
Some dont release because they feel its just not worth the time it takes to answer questions and all that stuff.
The browser is an addon feature that is installed on almost every game system. Mostly it is there for those debating on buying a pc for daily web browsing or a console they can play games on and browse the internet.
I know it doesnt make sense you can game on a pc. But its there to convince yourself or someone else that it will suffice as both.
Also things like hulu and netflix rely on part of the browser to operate. Actually youd be suprised at exactly what all needs parts of the browser to function.

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
IOSU isn't needed, except for USB access, and bypassing signature checks, so you can permanently install apps on the system menu, using an EmuNAND, or if you're brave, the real NAND. Homebrew has all the same access that games have, and a little more. Fully functional homebrew can be made right now, and is being made, but only by a few people who don't mind opening the browser to get the kernel exploit installed in memory. Most other developers are just sitting on their hands waiting for IOSU, and making it seem like it's a bigger deal than it really is.

And then there are even fewer developers that are making programs, but they are those that are in the special club, and they keep everything to themselves, to make it appear as if IOSU is more important than it is, so when they finally decide to release an IOSU exploit, their e-peens can get exponentially larger.

Last edited by brienj,

CJB100

Programmer, Media Producer, Hardware Repair
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IOSU isn't needed, except for USB access, and bypassing signature checks, so you can permanently install apps on the system menu, using an EmuNAND, or if you're brave, the real NAND. Homebrew has all the same access that games have, and a little more. Fully functional homebrew can be made right now, and is being made, but only by a few people who don't mind opening the browser to get the kernel exploit installed in memory. Most other developers are just sitting on their hands waiting for IOSU, and making it seem like it's a bigger deal than it really is.

And then there are even fewer developers that are making programs, but they are those that are in the special club, and they keep everything to themselves, to make it appear as if IOSU is more important than it is, so when they finally decide to release an IOSU exploit, their e-peens can get exponentially larger.

I can honestly attest to this. I have dabbled very shortly in Wii U programming but frankly I hate having to reopen the browser everytime I write a bit more code and need to retest. I'm sure I'm making things more complicated than need be do to lack of experience with Wii U side as of now (still more focused on a vWii coding project at the moment), but honestly it's just annoying to develop for Wii U, not hard though for the simple little homebrew I create.

brienj

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I can honestly attest to this. I have dabbled very shortly in Wii U programming but frankly I hate having to reopen the browser everytime I write a bit more code and need to retest. I'm sure I'm making things more complicated than need be do to lack of experience with Wii U side as of now (still more focused on a vWii coding project at the moment), but honestly it's just annoying to develop for Wii U, not hard though for the simple little homebrew I create.
BTW, I threw this together in less than a day - https://twitter.com/xhp_creations/status/757593261816942593

vgmoose

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
My current workflow is: launch HBL via web exploit, then from there run the compiled ELF via wiiload directly to HBL. The browser is a one time launch, and I can always exit back to HBL unless I have a crash or soft-lock (which yes, I will admit are annoying, but these were annoying on the original Wii as well).

And with @dimok 's logging libraries, it's easy to print logs to the console to help debug as well. Just pointing out my workflow, not sure if you were developing via HBL or still using the old mp4-exploit-only methods.

brienj

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
My current workflow is: launch HBL via web exploit, then from there run the compiled ELF via wiiload directly to HBL. The browser is a one time launch, and I can always exit back to HBL unless I have a crash or soft-lock (which yes, I will admit are annoying, but these were annoying on the original Wii as well).

And with @dimok 's logging libraries, it's easy to print logs to the console to help debug as well. Just pointing out my workflow, not sure if you were developing via HBL or still using the old mp4-exploit-only methods.
And if what you're developing locks up the console, you'd have to reboot the console, IOSU or not, so IOSU doesn't make developing any easier. Just pointing that out for those thinking IOSU will make it any easier. Also, using these methods that vgmoose describes, it couldn't be any easier to develop things.

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you for all of the programmers who make our life easy and enjoyable. I sometime imagine the old wii without homebrew, the PS3 without CFW, Windows with only its ugly buit-in Media Player ... and so on. Really a big difference.

I still think that USB access is important and hope to see it coming soon. Almost all of my SD cards worked fine for a while until they gave the: FSGETMOUNTSOURCE failed message. Also I hope with the upcoming retroarch to deal with USB Hard drive rather than SD card, since one often has a big collection of files and dealing with such quantity would need a Hard Drive.

Last edited by depaul,
D

Deleted User

Yes, wiiload makes my life about 10x faster than launching FTPiiU, opening the Terminal, connecting to FTP, dragging the file into the terminal, and then closing FTP. I've even implemented wiiload into my Makefile, so it runs automatically on a successful build.

About the crashing, @QuarkTheAwesome's exception handler gets info about the error, and then OSFatals it to the screen. That works, but would it also be possible to write that crash dump to the log or a file on the SD Card, and then SYSRelaunchTitle to reload HBL?

Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
About the crashing, @QuarkTheAwesome's exception handler gets info about the error, and then OSFatals it to the screen. That works, but would it also be possible to write that crash dump to the log or a file on the SD Card, and then SYSRelaunchTitle to reload HBL?
The exception handler works by leaving a message to the kernel saying "hey, run this if I crash". The kernel will do just that but the thread you end up running on has a really small stack and has zero tolerance for crashes. I can't even use VPADRead on it without proper softlocking. I'd imagine the SD card would be out of reach. SYSRelaunchTitle maybe.

(p.s. @vgmoose I updated the handler recently to be much more informative and actually have user interface design. Can't remember if I actually pushed it though).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...