Hacking Ios58 help

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 7,670
  • Replies 61
D

Deleted User

OP
How do I reinstall the homebrew channel after i install ios58?
I know you must reinstall the homebrew channel after you install ios58.
But how do I run the hackmii installer if there is no homebrew channel?
Does installing ios58 erase the homebrew channel? Or why do I need to reinstall the homebrew channel after i install ios58?
I have a korean system menu 4.1C .
Bootmii cannot be installed as boot2, only as ios.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
How do I reinstall the homebrew channel after i install ios58?
I know you must reinstall the homebrew channel after you install ios58.
But how do I run the hackmii installer if there is no homebrew channel?
Does installing ios58 erase the homebrew channel? Or why do I need to reinstall the homebrew channel after i install ios58?
I have a korean system menu 4.1C .
Bootmii cannot be installed as boot2, only as ios.
I wonder why you are even tampering with IOS58 to begin with since that's a system's IOS.
If its installed, leave it to be, if its not, just install it and forget its there.
If the Homebrew Channel isn't working properly, maybe due to a bad install or corrupt SD card, just reinstall it using BootMii.
BootMii can only be installed as an IOS on your Wii because the boot2 vulnerability is patched, only Wii consoles from launch to 2008 (correct me if I'm wrong) are the ONLY ones who can actually install BootMii inside boot2.
Its not an equal effective unbricking solution but with BootMii as an IOS and Priiloader, its pretty much as safe as it gets.

[^Blark^]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update to the 4.3 firm if possible I know us has 4.3U as the newest and is hax-able download the "letterbomb exploit" then afterwards you should have homebrew channel.

Then install Ciosx revD2x it will run its course then all usb loaders etc should work. It all does the work for you.

Please don't quote me as I may be wrong but take what I've said and search up on it. I'm almost certain I'm still right but idk... been awhile since I softmodded wii's, I have done quite a few.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Older versions of the HBC flip themsemves upside down if you mess with the IOS they use (this is not an issue with the newest HBC 1.1.3, but you can only install it after further hacking because it's released as a wad, and it brings no advantages anyway on a real Wii)

The HackMii Installer (which comes with HBC 1.1.2) prefers associating it to IOS58 because it's the only official one to have USB2 drivers

To reinstall the HBC you need, as already said, to rerun the HackMii installer with an exploit like Letterbomb v1 (since you're on 4.1)

And... "4.1C" wouldn't be Korean, it would be Chinese (do Chinese Wiis exist at all?)

Last edited by Ryccardo,

DaMan4169

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If when you hacked your Wii you were on 4.1, there was no IOS58 at the time and the Homebrew Channel would have decided to run on IOS61.
Running HBC on IOS58 gives it access to the Nintendo USB2.0 module for faster reads from USB.
Installing IOS58 won't delete HBC, it just makes it faster, you don't need to delete HBC to re-install it. Some apps will only load if HBC is running on IOS58.

Launch HBC and press the Home button, in the upper right hand corner it will tell you which version you installed and the IOS it is using. If it is any IOS other than IOS58, you want to reinstall it.
Any good modding guide would have had you install IOS58. You can either run Syscheck or look at your wad folder to see if it was installed.
Modmii or the "Guide: Softmod ANY Wii" originally wrote by Mauifrog are both good.

You have a couple of options to reinstall HBC:

With the HBC still installed, make it an app to load from current HBC:
Take the boot.elf from the Hackmii Installer and put it into a folder called Hackmii Installer and then put that into your apps folder on SD. SD:/apps/Hackmii Installer/boot.elf
Now when you launch HBC there will be an app called Hackmii Installer, load it and run the Hackmii Installer again to reinstall HBC.

Reuse Bannerbomb:

Put the private folder along with the boot.elf from Hackmii Installer back into the root of your SD card. When you click the SD card icon from the Wii Main Menu you'll get that same popup asking if you want to load boot.dol/elf click yes.

Use an app with an App Loader in it:
Both Wiimod and MMM (Multi-Mod Manager) have an app loader built into them. It's been a while since I've used either to load an app but it can be done. USBLoader GX also has an app loader.

Use a forwarder channel you already installed:
Most guides have you install a forwarder channel to launch a USB loader without having to go to HBC first. If the forwarder is looking for any of these, (or you know where it is looking, a forwarder for any app will work)
FAT:/apps/usbloader_cfg/boot.dol
FAT:/apps/usbloader/boot.dol
FAT:/apps/usb-loader/boot.dol
FAT:/apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol
move or rename the boot.dol temporarily and put the boot.elf from Hackmii Installer into that folder. When you use the forwarder channel (with boot.elf in place) it will launch the Hackmii Installer. Once you are done put the original boot.dol back in place.

The first two option are probably the easiest

D

Deleted User

OP
UPDATE: Used the IOS58 installer, installed it via NUS, Everything working normally. Except the link from Preloader to HBC didn't work.(Why?)
Bannerbombed it, Updated HBC, Replaced Preloader with Priiloader, Now Everything's Perfect.
K thanks for the help guys!

D

Deleted User

OP
And... "4.1C" wouldn't be Korean, it would be Chinese (do Chinese Wiis exist at all?)
The Wii Settings Menu says 4.1C, But the BootMii System info menu says 4.1U.
So... ???

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-04-26-21-01-12.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-04-26-21-01-12.jpg
    296.5 KB · Views: 151
  • Screenshot_2017-04-26-20-56-59.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-04-26-20-56-59.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 264

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users