IOS 249 Installer

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by mohonrid, Dec 16, 2008.

Dec 16, 2008

IOS 249 Installer by mohonrid at 12:30 AM (28,148 Views / 0 Likes) 4 Comments

• Newcomer

mohonrid New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    I need a download link for IOS 249 for DVD dumper....
    btw, is IOS and cIOS the same thing?

Tozarian New Member

Message Count:
    Canada
    They are not the same. cIOS is a custom one. Read the tutorials in this section. You will find a download link.

Valgreen New Member

Message Count:
    Canada
    IOS and CIOS are not the same thing (well sort of). the C in CIOS means custom, i.e. it has been modified from the original version.

see this link to get the latest CIOS released by Waninkoko. cios 36 rev7. (this will give you a custom ios 249 which you are looking for)

http://dl.qj.net/Custom-IOS36-rev-7-Wii-Ho...24851/catid/526

this either A) requires you to have a certain IOS placed on the root of your sd card or B) requires your wii to be connected to wifi to complete the install..

and dont ask where you can get the required IOS as it is a copyrighted file, however you can PM me if you have any questions..
    • Newcomer

wanders New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Anytime you see someone talking about 'cIOS', they are referring to IOS249. 'cIOS' is just a rather arbitrary term waninkoko gave his slightly modified IOS.

WiiPower New Member

Message Count:
    Germany
    IOS249 means exactly nothing. You can install every IOS and every cIOS as IOS249, IOS249 only means that a ÂIOS is installed at position 249 in the Wii's nand.

You can get the needed files for the installer via wifi during installation, or you can download them at your pc from nintendo's servers(WiiGator) or you can extract it from a game disc with wufe(Waninkoko).