Hacking IOS 236 installed? what did you do with it?

Hermpie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
OK ive been reading all these threads for the last couple of days.
A lot of them end up in discussions about IOS 236.

Please post your findings in this thread so its easy to keep posted on the latest updates.

Let's go hackers , install those Cios's :D

nitrate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not that easy anyway - Hermes and d2x also have to be updated first in order to get even more control about the console itself.

vegemikee

Trophies
XP
Country
Honestly, if I'm able to use the U Gamepad for my emulators then I'd be over the moon. Backup loaders are a thing of the past for me

muskieratboi

Rydian's got some competition!
Trophies
XP
Country
An IOS236 has been patched to work on the vWii so that it doesn't throw an error -1017 when installing channels. Thus, installing system channels, like the Wii browser/photo/etc channels now work, and WAD injection now works, so you can install Backup/Pirate Wiiware/VC channels.

However, due to minor hardware and software differences in the way vWii handles the disc drive, other cIOS like hermes or d2x need to be rewritten or updated to work on vWii, thus allowing for USB loaders.

muskieratboi

Rydian's got some competition!
Trophies
XP
Country
No idea, though SNEEK+DI seems to have been patched by Crediar, so the answer is probably a "Yes, but not yet." Wait for the code to be released.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed a some fakesigned N64VC games,The Photo Channel 1.0(the one with MP3 support) and Internet Channel Via DOP-MII (These are not fakesigned, straight from NUS), and a fakesigned Check Mii Out Channel.(had to be fakesigned as the ticket for it has the console ID imbedded and needed to be zeroed out). also, some wads will throw error -1020 if they have console ID and will need to be zeroed out to work, even then, some of mine refused to work nomatter what(they work on my actual Wii tho)

thats what i did with IOS237

on another note, DO NOT move fakesigned channels,VC,or WiiWare to SD card, it will refuse to run or copy back to System Memory and will require you to reinstall the WAD to System Memory to use that Channel/VC/WiiWare.
i am guessing a PriiLoader type patch is needed to fix this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol