Inventor of Lithium-Ion battery unveils new glass-based battery

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah tbh the first thing I did was look at the date of the OP, to make sure it wasn't April 1. With that name, John B. Goodenough?? But this looks like some serious progress coming here.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah tbh the first thing I did was look at the date of the OP, to make sure it wasn't April 1. With that name, John B. Goodenough?? But this looks like some serious progress coming here.
Great, now I have to listen to Johnny B. Goode (RIP Chuck Berry)

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Two continual problems that hold humanity back: Power generation, and power storage. We need better, more efficient batteries. We need better, quicker, renewable, and more efficient power generation.

Personally, I'm excited about once we get lighter, safer, cheaper, more energy dense batteries, electric cars will be viable for everyone.

Last edited by osaka35,

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apple patented wireless charging up to 30 ft from the out/plug recently. Seems like power options are catching up to were they should of been

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
electricity through wifi? fucking WHAT?

It uses the engery the signal is made up. I recently checked however. Apple's patent lacks details on making it work.

Wifi wireless charging isn't a new concept. Infact, it's a decade old. The problem is no one has invited away to make the tech work efficiently

Imagine if they would have though. Have that tech combined with the glass tech battery. Bamb! No more worrying about cell phone power

Last edited by chartube12,
Reactions: Piluvr

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It uses the engery the signal is made up. I recently checked however. Apple's patent lacks details on making it work.

Wifi wireless charging isn't a new concept. Infact, it's a decade old. The problem is no one has invited away to make the tech work efficiently

Imagine if they would have though. Have that tech combined with the glass tech battery. Bamb! No more worrying about cell phone power
Hell, Tesla was doing stuff with wireless power a century ago.

Reactions: chartube12

Deleted member 408979

Gbatemp amphibian
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
im suprised about the positive feedback, given its a yahoo article.

I heard some kinds of glass are less likely to shatter, maybe theyll do it off of that?

(i dont trust yahoo)

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
batteries with better capacity + faster charging + solar panels = energy independence (not possible everywhere of course but it can be for some people)
what Tesla is doing now with the power wall and roof I think is fantastic.
I hope glass based batteries become a reality because this would be a paradigm-shifting breakthrough

as I am reading this book https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackout_(Elsberg_novel) it seems extremely important to achieve energy independence at the finest level: the end user
grids are always and will always be vulnerable

Last edited by Costello,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: