Invalid FAT1 Partition on configurable usbloader

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by nutta_nic, Jan 10, 2011.

Jan 10, 2011

nutta_nic New Member

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    hi guys i was wondering if anyone could help me
    i'm using a 160gig ide hard disk in a usb HDD case, i created 2 partitions a long time ago (1 @ 120gig fat 1 @ 40gig ntfs). i've been loading games off the 120gig fat partition no problems at all, but it was getting full, so using paragon partion manager 10 i deleted the other ntfs partition and extended the fat partition to the full 160gig, all this went successfully and wiibackup manager still finds all the games and sees the extra space added but when i plug it in to the wii the CFG finds the drive but now gives me "Invalid FAT1 parition" and asks me to choose another, i can see my drive on the list of 4 at P#1 but its greyed out,

any ideas on resolving this would be appreciated,
    thanks

oggzee New Member

Message Count:
    Slovenia
    Can you make a screenshot of the partition selection screen and post it?
    Can you try the latest - v63 and see if that helps?
    Also: using v63: go to global options and save debug.log and send it to me (by PM or email) or post it.
    If you can't go to global options, from partition selection, press B select SD card device and fat partition there, then you should be able to go to global options and save the debug.log (it will save to the loader base dir so probably sd:/usb-loader in your case)

nutta_nic New Member

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    thanks for the quick reply but i was a little bit haisty and converted the drive to ntfs, i'm still getting fat1 error though, i'll try updateing to rev63, if that fails i'lll do as u ask
    cheers

oggzee New Member

Message Count:
    Slovenia
    Then just change in config.txt or settings.cfg partition=FAT1 to partition=NTFS1
    or remove the partition option and let it automatically detect which one has the /wbfs folder...
    or select the NTFS1 partition in the part. selection and then press 2 in global options to save (remember) the selection...

nutta_nic New Member

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    changed it to ntfs now i get invalid ntfs1 haha here's the debug

nutta_nic New Member

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    sorry for the double post but i fixed it by runnin paragon again and making the hdd primary, Not sure if this may help u in future but thought i should update. cheers for your support [IMG]
SPONSORED LINKS