Internet not wroking on my other computer. Help?

Feels Good Man

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
We have 2 computers. One is his laptop and the other is our desktop computer which I ue almost all the time.My brother somehow disconnects the internet on the other computer [the desktop] when he leaves for some stupid selffish reasons.

So the question is: Anyone know how he's doing this and how I can fix it through the computer he made the internet not work? I made myself the admin the other day so settings shouldnt be blocked off.

And if you're wondering how im posting this, im on my Xbox. It pretty much sucks since I cant log onto MSN and talk to people. =(

Thanks =)

notnarb

Not narbing it up
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Did he just remove the cable that connects to the modem? If that isn't the case, then he probably just went to 'My network connections' and right clicked the icon and selected disable (fixed by right clicking and selecting enable). If you need to know how to get to My network connections, in XP, open up my computer, select My network places and once there click on My network connections on the left

Feels Good Man

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Nop he didnt do that^

I found the solution. BUT I had to make the modem connect to the computer directly instead of going through my router first.

Anyone know a setup so that the router still connects to the internet while making the internet work on my desktop through the thing I just did?

Thanks =)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1