Hacking Internet/DNS problems

Biovirulent

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For starters, I have not used my WiiU for a while, so I have not connected to the internet.
I just now moved it out of one room and into my own room (Which is closer to the router, by the way)
I had the 104 and 107 DNS's set up, and now I am seeing the 107 one is down. I have been trying to figure out what to set them to, but it seems no matter what I set them to, my WiiU connects to the router but not the internet. I constantly get the 103-2001 error, and it seems to only be able to connect without a DNS. I don't want to suddenly get an update while I turn it off, as I am on 5.5.1, but I also wanted to have internet working on it.
I don't have access to the router settings in my house so I don't believe I can do any fancy filters.

EDIT: I just did a connection test after the initial one from changing settings and it works now (???).
The e-shop error 105-4207 is the one I should have, right?

Last edited by Biovirulent,

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No I did, but it seemed like I needed to change router settings for this one. Maybe I am wrong because I am kind of running around trying to find a solution.
you don't need to change any router settings with this. on the wiiu you just need to set DNS to

Set Primary DNS to 52.40.86.243
Set Secondary DNS to TubeHax or 127.0.0.1

just like the thread said to do.

Last edited by AmandaRose,
Reactions: Biovirulent

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh, all right. Thank you.

Now I am having trouble with the 3DS' DNS blocking, but I suppose this is the wrong forum for that. I might move on to there.
the 3ds ones are the same as wiiu and no longer work use the ones above for the wiiu and 3ds.

Reactions: Biovirulent

Biovirulent

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope.. Can't connect to the internet with that. It worked with the 104 primary and the 52 secondary.

EDIT: Yeah I can now. My router is strange and I it keeps changing IPs around. Sorry for the trouble and thank you for the help.

Last edited by Biovirulent,
Reactions: AmandaRose

Biovirulent

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I'm having trouble again.
The DNS lost internet again.
Does the DNS server really go down this often? :( Good god.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended