Internet Complaints (or: ISP rant)

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pros 150mb/s i just downloaded the latest episode of gotham 1080p in less than 2 minutes.
cons $119.01 a month and only 10mbit upload :C

kirekun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
All the ISPs in our country just sucks ...

Well at least your country is lucky enough to have the technology.
(Ours don't even comply with international standards <.<)
(I mean why the heck would you route our internet traffic to HongKong before accessing google)

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I pay 55$/month for 100Mbit/s internet with Charter, and I don't have much trouble. Super cheap (I was originally paying this for 30mbit/s, but they tripled it for free :yay:) and it's the fastest typically availible residential internet (besides google fiber, which isn't in my area). Safe to say I'm happy.

I have Charter too, no complaints here. I'll be cutting my cable and phone soon so getting internet will be cheaper.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I cut the Charter cable 2 years ago, and haven't regretted it. Costs way too much to be worth it especially with my Netflix subscription and... piracy

Where I live I can get at least 20 over the air TV channels, and any thing I watch that isn't on those channels can be watch on the net, so I won't miss needing a cable box on every TV. It's just the work required to install a TV antenna that don't interest me. The phone cost don't bother me but why have it if everybody in the house has a cell phone anyways?

elmoemo

Trophies
XP
Country
In UK whatever ISP it may be it seems like they all blocked the popular torrent sites so I'm forced to use proxy IPs.

I remember when I was in Portugal (during August) that I didn't need proxies to access *torrent website's name* unlike here. :-/
Only public trackers are blocked that I can notice which should be avoided anyway. I've talk talk and no issues except when you call its a pain

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
Where I live I can get at least 20 over the air TV channels, and any thing I watch that isn't on those channels can be watch on the net, so I won't miss needing a cable box on every TV. It's just the work required to install a TV antenna that don't interest me. The phone cost don't bother me but why have it if everybody in the house has a cell phone anyways?

OTA antennas are not hard to install, especially if you get one designed for DTV. These things work wonders.

Par39

The Life Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
...I'm paying 15€/a month for up to 100Mbps (usual speeds I get are 20-30Mbps) 4G, no cap. I had no idea others have to pay that much for internet o-O

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ha, you should try internet in China. I've got an appartment which comes with internet, so I can't choose any ISP. During the day I should be lucky to have less than 4000ms latency and more than 20kb/s download. Also, great firewall of china.

I used to complain about my internet in the Netherlands (which was a BIT unstable at times), but wow, the internet in the Netherlands is great o.o

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I pay $50 for 15mbps down 2mbps up ._. Fastest speeds they support where I live.

Only one cable provider, WoWway, that will bother supporting where I live, despite the fact there's some high income neighborhood behind a line of trees behind my house that is supported by every other cable provider. I guess they just don't care enough to support the 3 properties behind that line of trees >.<

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OTA antennas are not hard to install, especially if you get one designed for DTV. These things work wonders.

I cannot use an indoor antenna, to get the maximum amount of channels, an antenna on the roof (or tower) will be needed. I live in an area that is between major cities, I need to receive from about 50 miles is all directions. If you've been misinformed, an older antenna will work just as good as a newer antenna (of the same make) to receive a digital signal. An antenna for digital TV signals will receive a narrower amount of frequencies opposed to an antenna that was designed to receive the older analog signals, and the older antenna receives all of the newer digital signals. The higher the antenna the better the reception, why limit myself by placing an antenna in the attic of my house or on the back of my tv, reception would be almost non-existent where I live. I already know what I need to get the job done. The antenna in that link you posted would be crap to me, it would work 30 miles maybe in a desert with no mountains or hills. In all reality that antenna is for somebody that lives in a major metro area and only wanted to receive signals from within that metro area.

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
I cannot use an indoor antenna, to get the maximum amount of channels, an antenna on the roof will be needed. I live in an area that is between major cities, I need to receive from about 50 miles is all directions. If you've been misinformed, an older antenna will work just as good as a newer antenna (of the same make) to receive a digital signal. An antenna for digital TV signals will receive a narrower amount of frequencies opposed to an antenna that was designed to receive the older analog signals, and the older antenna receives all of the newer digital signals. The higher the antenna the better the reception, why limit myself by placing an antenna in the attic of my house or on the back of my tv, reception would be almost non-existent where I live. I already know what I need to get the job done. The antenna in that link you posted would be crap to me, it would work 30 miles maybe in a desert with no mountains or hills. In all reality that antenna is for somebody that lives in a major metro area and only wanted to receive signals from within that metro area.

Ok, well I'm sorry for not understanding the specific details of your situation there.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
9,90€ for fiber 50 down and 10 up. I get usually around 40 down and roughly 10 up on WiFi behind a few concrete walls.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait you pay 35$ a month? I have to pay well over $150+ for Comcast and those people are assholes. They keep decreasing my speed and or just have the most unstable connection for cable internet. I used to get a more stable connection from Time Warner and paid less than half what I pay now.
Comcast also owns all the wires here, so we can't even switch ISP's and they even bought out the apartment complex I live in, so it's Comcast or nothing.

yes comcrap are fucking bastards i hope they all get cancer of the anus and aids and die a slow horrible death , the last 3 weeks or month or so it has got really bad here
i pay for "blast" internet and i have been getting 0.5 mbit down , when i should be getting 50 mbit down ! , these fucking assholes always try and bullshit me and make up lame excuses and tell me that they will not give me support because i have my own router, they insist that they will only support their service if you are using their piece of shit gatway router .
they used to give support for all routers and theirs is a piece of shit single band 2.4gz wifi ,
i love how they tell you "well you should be getting about half of what your package is and they say that is"really good" if you are , so if you have a 50mbit package then 20 or higher is good" i told the guy great fuck face so i am getting half of what i am paying for and you say it is good , so how about you cut my bill in half then asshole
and especially since it is always all over the fucking map ,funny how when i called up and inquired about cancellation and then called the technical department back they were like oh we see you have called the cancellation department or whatever they call it and then i get some support, the connection gets alot better but still nowhere near what i am paying for and then a few hours later it goes back to being shit again.
they are deliberately playing games and throttling people because they have over sold their services and their infrastructures can not support their customer base, so instead of upgrading their infrastructure they are being cheap bastards and try and use every trick in the book to fuck over their customers so they do not have to invest any more money to upgrade the infrastructure

also i love this game they play now where just pretend that they can not hear you when you call up , i have this happen to me all the time , it is so fucking shady
sometimes when i call i initially get someone to pick up and they keep saying hello , hello , hello i cant hear you , then i have called back and it is the same exact fucking recording of the same person saying they cant hear you, then other times if you are on the phone with them and you keep pressing them about slow speed they will pretend that there is a bad connection and that they cant hear you , they must really think their customers are retarded to not know they are playing these childish games and employing these shady underhanded tactics

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: