Gaming Installing Win7 on Netbook using an External HDD

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Can anyone show me how to do this? I have a pirated copy of Windows 7 Ultimate burned to a disc (I lost the ISO file), a 500GB external HDD and a netbook (Samsung N110) which doesn't have an optical drive. Can anyone show me the steps on how to use the HDD to install Windows 7 on my netbook?

Feedback will be hugely appreciated.

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't really format the hard drive because I have no other hard drive that can carry my files (almost 300GB). Is there a way for me to do it without getting rid of the files?

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That should work. Just backup whatever is on the SD card to the external hard drive. Then run the tool and select the SD card to transfer the install files. I can't remember if you need to use a USB adapter for the microsd when you put it on the netbook or if you can just put the SD card in the SD slot.

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Jiggah said:
That should work. Just backup whatever is on the SD card to the external hard drive. Then run the tool and select the SD card to transfer the install files. I can't remember if you need to use a USB adapter for the microsd when you put it on the netbook or if you can just put the SD card in the SD slot.
I don't have the original ISO file but I've already burned it to a disc. Can I just compile the files from CD to ISO or something? Will that be fine?

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You can try creating an image from the DVD. If you follow the second link. You can just copy the DVD content over directly.

Both the tool and the directions in the second link are doing the exact same thing. The tool just makes it easier.

BACKUP YOUR ACEKARD STUFF FIRST!!!!!

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Jiggah said:
You can try creating an image from the DVD. If you follow the second link. You can just copy the DVD content over directly.

Both the tool and the directions in the second list are doing the exact same thing. The tool just makes it easier.

BACKUP YOUR ACEKARD STUFF FIRST!!!!!
Well backing up is obviously a given!
tongue.gif
And I haven't fully looked into the links yet.

Thanks for the help
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: 🦛 🐦 (🐑🐑) 🦛 🐦 (🐑🐑) 🦛 🐦 🦌🐑 🦛🐦 (🐑🐑)