OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Installing Wad Files Via The Homebrew Channel

Dont know if this has been done yet but i couldnt find any info on it when i searched

The disk drive on my Wii recently went so I needed to find another way to install Wad files
So with some help from MagusDraco on gbatemp.net
I managed to come up with this little tutorial

Ok so i used

homebrewchan_installer.elf i dont have a link for this but it is the no limits (if someone has a link could you please post it Thanks)
Sdelfload-0.4.tgz http://wiibrew.org/images/c/cd/Sdelfload-0.4.tgz
WAD-Installer_v2.1.zip http://rs99.rapidshare.com/files/110684369...taller_v2.1.zip

ok so now you have the files needed
install the homebrew chan however you want there are plenty of tutorials on this
once installed you need to format your SD Card
then in the root of the card place Sdelfload-0.4 but rename it to boot.elf first
the in the root of the card create 2 folders
1. elf
2. wad
now in the elf folder place the wad installer rename it to boot.elf also
then in the wad folder place whatever wads you are using
when using more then 1 wad make sure to name them differently
(I only do one wad at a time)

I've only tested this with VC Games so far
Please let me know if you test it with other wad files
I hope this help others
Thanks
Dakota76

shred6waves

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone have the link to the no-limit homebrew channel? i would like to try this out but i might need the homebrew channel first
wink.gif

MillionsKnives

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thank you, I have been waiting to be able to install WADS without having to use the Twilight hack to load Homebrew Launcher each time.

I haven't tried this yet, but I assume that it should work with no problems. I'll try after work tomorrow.

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm surprised it took people this long to figure it out. I'm not totally sure, but I believe you can install it without the Homebrew Channel if you use some kind of loader such as the one that looks like the Wii interface (I think that one is just called HBLoader or something ilke that).

CambridgeGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
sdelfload prompts me to press a but doing so does nothing. I'm guessing i need a gamecube controller for this, but i don't have one
frown.gif

Is there a version that does not need a tto be pressed? Or any other way around this?

EDIT: ok so yes, a gamecube pad is needed. I'm not really bothered about having a menu for booting multiple elfs, i just want to be able to run elfs like the wad installer from the hamebrew channel. is there anything that would enable me to do this?

alpha0000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
CambridgeGuy said:
EDIT: ok so yes, a gamecube pad is needed. I'm not really bothered about having a menu for booting multiple elfs, i just want to be able to run elfs like the wad installer from the hamebrew channel. is there anything that would enable me to do this?
Use WiiHL (Wii Homebrew Launcher) instead of sdelfload.

Wii Homebrew Launcher:
http://perso.latribu.com/decker/wii/?categorie=download
Also, download the program, english language file and the homebrew pack.

Sir Spanky

Trophies
XP
Country
Why do you need to format the SD card after installation? I just installed the Homebrew Channel, then use it to load the Homebrew Launcher (which is the root boot.elf), with which I can select (among other stuff) the WAD installer, which installs stuff fine.

Suiname

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can install the wad for a vc game just fine, however when I actually try to run it, the wii tells me the channel cannot play. Is this because the vc game I've loaded is from a different region than mine (i.e. the game is PAL and my wii is NTSC). I'm going to try with an NTSC vc game and see.

Suiname

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yup, works fine with same region games. does anyone know if you need to use a different loader for different region games?

TaxiTitan

Trophies
XP
Country
alpha0000 said:
CambridgeGuy said:
Use WiiHL (Wii Homebrew Launcher) instead of sdelfload.

Wii Homebrew Launcher:
http://perso.latribu.com/decker/wii/?categorie=download
Also, download the program, english language file and the homebrew pack.

why is this loader good?
I only get red wii screen with empty channel slots after the wiimote is activated.
txt file is in spanish so i cant understand a word.
guess this was ment for spanish people only?
hasnt got the sdelfloader to work properly either so i guess twilight hack is the way to go.
sdelfload stopped during wad installation.
At second try it just rolled the same numbers that would not stop så I had to reset.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things