Homebrew Installing VC games from .wad files ?

Distrance

矢澤にこ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Well, I don't have 3.2E and I'm not planning to get it anytime soon, so I can't have Starfall. Which leaves me to a question, is it safe to install .wad files to install Virtual Console games ?

I was mainly looking at this torrent : Games .. Anyone know if these are safe, or if there is another site with absolutely safe .wad files ? Also what's this Trucha thing I keep hearing about, mentioned in this said torrent aswell ?

Any input would be appreciated.

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Without starfall? Not 100% no. If you can find a wad that is known to be good, and it is zipped so there is no chance of corruption during download, then you should be fine.

Chances of hurting your wii are small. But the chance does certainly exist and the more matches you play with the more chance you will get burned.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I could always update to 3.2 with Downgrader right ? ( 3.1E atm ) What I am worried about is that I have NO IDEA how to change the firmware. If I remember correctly, you need to insert some region stuff and etc. And If I put something wrong, it's game over for me. Most guides here are written with bad grammar and I have trouble understanding some of them :S

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Distrance said:
I could always update to 3.2 with Downgrader right ? ( 3.1E atm ) What I am worried about is that I have NO IDEA how to change the firmware. If I remember correctly, you need to insert some region stuff and etc. And If I put something wrong, it's game over for me. Most guides here are written with bad grammar and I have trouble understanding some of them :S

Try reading over the guide in my sig. Using the cIOS downgrader is pretty simple. Just pick the correct region when you install. Pick 3.2E

Distrance

矢澤にこ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
But I recall seeing a screen where I would need to pick other options too ? Something to do with Region, some weird numbers here and there and I was really confused :S. Also does updating my system to 3.2 do anything like clear Wii system memory or alike ?

Can I do it any time I want no matter what programs I have installed ? Since I have now already Gamma backup launcher and some other stuff there.

Awesome turtwig

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only way a wad can kill your wii is if the banner is faulty. So be sure not to install a bad banner wad. You can't tell if it has a bad banner or not, so it's a risk. But you can use the wii downgrader to upgrade/downgrade you wii to 3.2E now.

Whoooo Marta!

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Distrance said:
Well, I don't have 3.2E and I'm not planning to get it anytime soon, so I can't have Starfall. Which leaves me to a question, is it safe to install .wad files to install Virtual Console games ?

I was mainly looking at this torrent : Games .. Anyone know if these are safe, or if there is another site with absolutely safe .wad files ? Also what's this Trucha thing I keep hearing about, mentioned in this said torrent aswell ?

You might want to remove that link. It's illegal.

So is asking for illegal stuff.

Osaka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Arm the Homeless said:
Distrance said:

You might want to remove that link. It's illegal.

So is asking for illegal stuff.
link links to "googlemyway"
ohmy.gif

Distrance

矢澤にこ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I wasn't asking for illegal stuff....Only that if it's safe to install them, and stuff about Twilight. Also with all the guides here about installing Twilight Hack and so on, why aren't those deemed as illegal aswell ? I'm pretty sure they're not legal either.

But anyway I heard with the rescue menu you delete bad .wad files with, you need to insert Twilight Princess to the Wii and then boot the game normally ? I only rented mine, and I don't have Twilight anymore.. only backup... So would it be all for nothing then to install Starfall ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol