Installing D2x-CIOS

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by SuMeRiaN, Jan 15, 2013.

1. SuMeRiaN
    OP

SuMeRiaN Member

Newcomer
    Jan 15, 2013
    United States
    VERY new to say the least, I am hung up installing d2x-CIOS on the Vwii. Everything points to needing installer V2.2b. I have extracted it to the APPS folder and see it in the HBC. NEXT I have downloaded d2x-v10-beta52-vWii.ZIP from the Google source site. I extract the newly downloaded beta 52 7zip file into the /APPS/D2X installer folder. When I am on the console I still can not find the BETA 52 option. The guide I am following http://gbatemp.net/threads/full-vwii-softmod.339899/ says I should be - at "Select cIOS" press right and select "d2x-v10-beta52-vWii" but I am not seeing this. HELP PLEASE

2. lampjese

lampjese Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 11, 2009
    Netherlands
    Schoorl
    You forgot to put the meta.xml in the d2x installer folder i gues.

Arvidsson likes this.
  3. lampjese

lampjese Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 11, 2009
    Netherlands
    Schoorl
    Sorry pointed you to the wrong file you should put the d2x-v10-beta52 or d2x-v10-beta53alt into your d2x installer folder including the ciosmaps.xml.
    It should look like this :
    SD\apps\d2x cIOS Installer v2.2\d2x-v10-beta53-alt-vWii\
    SD\apps\d2x cIOS Installer v2.2\ciosmaps.xml

4. [Truth]
    This message by [Truth] has been removed from public view by Depravo, Jan 15, 2013.
    Jan 15, 2013
  5. SuMeRiaN
    OP

SuMeRiaN Member

Newcomer
    Jan 15, 2013
    United States
    I understand exactly what you are saying but I am not having any luck. Let me please say it back to you.

SD\apps\d2x-cios-installer - looks like version 2.2B and three files in the subfolder
    boot.dol
    icon.png
    meta.xml

Next I grab d2x-v10-beta52-vwWii unzipped and place its contents in the newly created installer folder

SD\apps\d2x-cios-installer\d2x-v10-beta52-vWii files include
    Dipp
    ehci
    es
    fat
    ffsp
    mload
    sdhc
    usbs

Finally I take the ciosmaps.xml that came with the d2x-v10-beta52-vWii and place it in the installer folder with which now looks like

boot.dol
    icon.png
    meta.xml
    ciosmaps.xml
    /d2x-v10-beta52-vWi - folder

The exact message is unable to get the module MLOAD referencing d2x-v10-beta52-vWii

I do appreciate your help.

6. Plunt

Plunt GBAtemp Regular

Nov 21, 2010
    Canada
    Ontario
    Try redownloading the installer and D2X package

7. lampjese

lampjese Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 11, 2009
    Netherlands