Hacking Installing CIA files on sysnand?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Ok awesome! I'm getting my Hardmod (Nand R/W stuffs) installed this week so if anything does go wrong would i be able to fix it using my NAND.bin backup??

sure, just stay away form system cias (stuff like fw etc), and you will not need to worry. but yes if anything did go wrong just flash your nand backup back :)

ChrisX930

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
One question; not sure if you even know this one :P is it possible to install the dev-tools using BigBlueMenu? I'm pretty sure it wont because of the dev signed .cias but might as well ask anyways :)
yea, it should work on EmuNAND with Gateway and/or on CFW (worked for me on CFW)

weeandykidd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh and one more thing in order to run .cia files on sysNand does it have to be fw 4.5? or can it be like 9.2 for example??

It has to be 4.5CFW, anything above that you'll have to run the gateway exploit to launch the CIA

When you're in sysnand the CIA's will appear, but trying to launch them will error (cos sysnand checks the sigs!) but if you boot into gateway mode through the browser exploit, it patches the sig checks and you're fine. You have to run the exploit everytime you turn your 3DS off though. Try to stick to sleep mode.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Which one is the quickest to get updated?
If BBB is indeed just a rename, perhaps DevMenu has the newer versions first than BBB.

'bigbluemenu' is just one release, maybe they will rebrand another devmenu when an updated one gets leaked, but nothing yet.
the latest devmenu you can find, is the same version as the only version of bigbluemenu.

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bigbluemenu.cia is just devmenu from sdk 6.20 with different icon.

installing selfmade cia from 3ds into sysnand is not a good idea. it will be logged into ticket.db with invalid titlekey.
removing titlekeys is not possible without restoring your original ticket.db (restoring first backup nand.bin).

Reactions: cearp

Obi123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nintendovn.com
XP
Country
Guys, guys!!! I've successfully installed an update 1.1 on sysNAND for Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate. It was thrilling :s But finally get it to work. The title showed up with ver 1.1 So I can go online.
I'm using a New 3DS XL 9.0-U with Zelda OoT exploit and GW. Monster Hunter 4 Legit NAND and 1.1 cia update for US region. Wew, I got real lucky that it didn't brick my sysNAND.

Also, I have a little question:
I took 3 dumps so far of my New 3DS XL 9.0U system NAND with Gateway menu and check them with HxD. Their MD-5 are completely different from each other. Isn't is strange? Or it is? Also just noticed that New 3DS has bigger NAND size (approx 1.8GB) compare to O3DS (9xxMB)

And I know that GW System NAND backup (NAND.bin) file is somewhat different from direct-read NAND of a hardmoded new 3DS. So how to re-flash an earlier GW backup to an already bricked then moded New 3DS XL?

P/s: liomajor's Save backup workaround works great backing up my MH4u save from my O3DS XL emuNAND to my new 3DS XL sysNAND :D

EDIT: Going online deletes my update, sadly. Maybe capcom server checked the ticket of the update and found out it wasn't properly signed :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I'm in my birthday suit! Lol