Hacking Installing Arm9 Help!

Ziefer846

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I previously had a 9.2 sysnand with emuNAND booting via rxTools autoboot. I'm on Part 3 of Plaitect's guide step 17. When I try to boot into redNAND via Luma3DS, it just boots me back into the autoboot and then tries to boot rxTools emunand. Any help?

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps you have menuhax installed on your rednand? Try to prevent menuhax from triggering as you're booting into Luma. Also, hold select as you boot Luma to ensure that it's actually booting.

btw a little semantics rant, but Arm9 is already a part of your 3DS: arm9loaderhax is an exploit that takes advantage of your Arm9.

Ziefer846

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps you have menuhax installed on your rednand? Try to prevent menuhax from triggering as you're booting into Luma. Also, hold select as you boot Luma to ensure that it's actually booting.

btw a little semantics rant, but Arm9 is already a part of your 3DS: arm9loaderhax is an exploit that takes advantage of your Arm9.

I figured it out. Now my only problem is that whenever I boot redNAND from Luma, it doesnt show "emu" in system settings. :c any ideas?

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figured it out. Now my only problem is that whenever I boot redNAND from Luma, it doesnt show "emu" in system settings. :c any ideas?
I'm glad to hear that! Would you mind sharing your solution for anyone else having the same problem?

In any case, if you hold Select as you boot Luma, you can change its config settings. First make sure you're not using the -dev version of Luma, and then ensure that you checked the "Sys/Emu in System Settings" tickbox in the settings.

Ziefer846

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad to hear that! Would you mind sharing your solution for anyone else having the same problem?

In any case, if you hold Select as you boot Luma, you can change its config settings. First make sure you're not using the -dev version of Luma, and then ensure that you checked the "Sys/Emu in System Settings" tickbox in the settings.

I just uninstalled menuhax and used browserhax to boot into homebrew. As of now, I'm reinstalling the RedNAND via Emunand9. I'll try your steps and report back.

Reactions: CrispyYoshi

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still doesn't work. I am unable to boot into ReiNAND for whatever reason. Should I try a different version of Luma?

Did you double check your SD Card to make sure you have the Luma3DS.dat file, the 3ds folder, and the luma folder from the Luma3DS zip on the root of your SD Card?

Delete the config.bin in the luma folder to reset options and set them up again.

Ziefer846

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you double check your SD Card to make sure you have the Luma3DS.dat file, the 3ds folder, and the luma folder from the Luma3DS zip on the root of your SD Card?

Delete the config.bin in the luma folder to reset options and set them up again.

There was no luma folder in the zip file. That must be what I am missing.

Ziefer846

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well make sure you are using the latest release of Luma3DS, links to it can be found at the top of the guide in part 3, under the What you need section.

That's the link I used. There's no Luma folder, just armloader file, menuhax folder, luma.dat, 3ds folder, and a pathfinder folder

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's the link I used. There's no Luma folder, just armloader file, menuhax folder, luma.dat, 3ds folder, and a pathfinder folder
Redownload it again then. I just downloaded it, and the files are there.
ss.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lulz @Veho