Hardware Installing a NAND mod in a New 3DS (regular, non XL)?

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm currently looking into the posibility of getting a NAND hardmod for my New 3DS (regular, non XL version). Although I have searched, I haven't found a good tutorial on how to do that yet. The one here looks great and seems to be easy to use, but it is for a O3DS XL. I also remember people saying that a NAND mod on a New 3DS would be much easier to install.

So, could anyone point me to the right direction?

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm currently looking into the posibility of getting a NAND hardmod for my New 3DS (regular, non XL version). Although I have searched, I haven't found a good tutorial on how to do that yet. The one here looks great and seems to be easy to use, but it is for a O3DS XL. I also remember people saying that a NAND mod on a New 3DS would be much easier to install.

So, could anyone point me to the right direction?

It's much easier to install NAND hardmod on N3DS/XL due to alternative CLK point on the top of the mainboard.

Here is my works

N3DS
IMG_0118.JPG IMG_0119.JPG IMG_0125.JPGIMG_0123.JPG IMG_0126.JPG

N3DS XL
IMG_0096.JPG IMG_0099.JPG IMG_0101.JPG IMG_0105.JPG IMG_0106.JPG

Last edited by thaikhoa,
Reactions: DaBeast893

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Looking good! And that can be used like a regular USB pendrive, correct? (I know, we actually need imager software to properly write to it)

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Reactions: d0k3
D

Deleted-236924

And only SD card readers, don't use an USB to microUSB cable to plug the 3DS in directly through USB.
I don't know the specifics, but something about voltage being much too high if you were to connect it directly via USB, so it is very likely to break things. You have to use a modified microSD to SD adapter in a compatible SD card reader as mentioned above.

OctopusRift

GBATemp's Local Octopus, Open 9am-2am. "Not Yet"
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
And only SD card readers, don't use an USB to microUSB cable to plug the 3DS in directly through USB.
I don't know the specifics, but something about voltage being much too high if you were to connect it directly via USB, so it is very likely to break things. You have to use a modified microSD to SD adapter in a compatible SD card reader as mentioned above.
Cool! Did not know this!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning