Hacking Installed CFW, now what?

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup, me again. Yup, another PS3 question.

So, I've now downgraded my PS3 and slapped on fresh install of Rogero 4.55. The question is, where do I go from here? Is there anything extra I should install? I've heard the names 'multiman', 'showtime', 'reactpsn' thrown around... essentially, what do I need/need to know?

Alright, technically that was three questions. I'm done here.

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to bump my own thread, but I did some digging around and found that multiMAN is a backup loader and Showtime is a media player. I'll snag both of those right away. Anything else I should know?

Also, I had another question about PSN store games. I hear a lot of chatter about just installing the .pkg file, is that all there is to it?

D

Deleted User

Not really if all you do is plan on playing backups. Only other things are save game managers, media players, retro emulators, etc.

As far as the PSN store games, just download them from your PSN account.

If you're talking about downloaded PSN titles, there's a lot more to it, but we can't help with that. Check out PSX Scene for a related search on PSN.

xdpirate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Multiman and Showtime comes bundled if I recall correctly. Multiman is a backup manager (and a swiss army knife, really, it can launch and manage PSX/PS2/emulated games, has a file manager, and loads of other functions). Showtime is a media player, with a plugin it can play DVD/BDs, YouTube videos, and more. ReactPSN is often used in conjunction with PS2 Classics Placeholder and PS2 Classics Manager (it generates PSN licenses without connecting to PSN), letting you play downloaded PS2 games on your PS3. You don't need to install anything extra to launch PSX ISOs, though, just put them in /dev_hdd0/PSXISO and launch via the Retro menu in Multiman.

Good choice on CFW, by the way, I use Rogero 4.55 CEX myself ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, 8-bit versions aren't as good as the arcade variants imo.