Hacking Install failed on RxTools (FBI)

nickwhit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, continuing from Part 4 is enough if I have emuNAND? Because if there's something else to do before, please tell me.
You should be ok. Just be sure to read EVERYTHING. Twice.
Especially if you see something written in italics or bold font.
If you need help or get confused anywhere, ask first before moving to the next step.

SWATlozar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
You should be ok. Just be sure to read EVERYTHING. Twice.
Especially if you see something written in italics or bold font.
If you need help or get confused anywhere, ask first before moving to the next step.

How exactly should my SD card look like before moving to step 4?

SWATlozar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Send a picture of what your root looks like.. thatll help determine what needs to stay/go.
pmJmGThcp

nickwhit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Based on the picture, it looks like whoever had the console before you used Ninjhax to access HBL.
If you dont have a copy of Cubic Ninja, youll need to download "menuhax_manager" and set it up like this:
Change menuhax to type 1, set your menuhax trigger to D-Pad down, then start the guide at Part 4.
Note that anywhere "RedNAND" is mentioned, you can pretend it says "EmuNAND" instead as they are very similar and the instructions will be the same other than that.

Link to menuhax: https://github.com/yellows8/3ds_homemenuhax/releases
Download that, run it from HBL, set it up properly... THEN follow from part 4.

You dont need anything in "DCIM", "PSP", or "LOST" folders. Everything else Id leave on there, at least until after you complete A9LH setup.

SWATlozar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Based on the picture, it looks like whoever had the console before you used Ninjhax to access HBL.
If you dont have a copy of Cubic Ninja, youll need to download "menuhax_manager" and set it up like this:

Link to menuhax: https://github.com/yellows8/3ds_homemenuhax/releases
Download that, run it from HBL, set it up properly... THEN follow from part 4.

You dont need anything in "DCIM", "PSP", or "LOST" folders. Everything else Id leave on there, at least until after you complete A9LH setup.

Oh, yeah, about HBL... When I open the browser to launch it, I always get a blank page with a small bar that is clickable. However, it always sends me back to the home menu.
Damn, one problem after another. It's like a never-ending cycle.

Last edited by SWATlozar,

nickwhit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, yeah, about HBL... When I open the browser to launch it, I always get a blank page with a small bar that is clickable. However, it always sends me back to the home menu.
Browserhax is known to be a bit unstable/finicky.

https://smealum.github.io/3ds/

Go there and download the "Starter Kit", and "Ropbin Payload" that matches your firmware (I cant remember, but im pretty sure in this case they mean emuNAND firmware version)

When you open that page and get the sliding bar, zoom all the way in and press the very end of the line (I choose the left side, I doubt it matters much)
If it worked, you should see some colorful screens... then the HBL. If you get booted back to home, try clearing Browser data/cache and try again until it does work. I suggest any time you get booted back to try rebooting console, clearing data, and trying again. Though thats probably overkill. Point is, if you have all the right files - keep trying.

After you get A9LH and FBI working, I suggest installing the CIA version of HBL.

Alternatively, you may choose to only download The Homebrew Launcher menu executable and place it at the root of your SD card.
Site also includes this much easier sounding method, though Ive never tried it myself and cant confirm if it will work. Worth a shot though, if you get lost or pissed off with Browserhax. That starter kit actually includes menuhax_manager, and the HBL executable .3DSX file. That file, and the "3DS" folder should be on your root of SD. Youre gonna need that in order for any homebrew to work, or even display in HBL.

Last edited by nickwhit,

SWATlozar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Browserhax is known to be a bit unstable/finicky.

https://smealum.github.io/3ds/

Go there and download the "Starter Kit", and "Ropbin Payload" that matches your firmware (I cant remember, but im pretty sure in this case they mean emuNAND firmware version)

When you open that page and get the sliding bar, zoom all the way in and press the very end of the line (I choose the left side, I doubt it matters much)
If it worked, you should see some colorful screens... then the HBL. If you get booted back to home, try clearing Browser data/cache and try again until it does work. I suggest any time you get booted back to try rebooting console, clearing data, and trying again. Though thats probably overkill. Point is, if you have all the right files - keep trying.

After you get A9LH and FBI working, I suggest installing the CIA version of HBL.

Site also includes this much easier sounding method, though Ive never tried it myself and cant confirm if it will work. Worth a shot though, if you get lost or pissed off with Browserhax. That starter kit actually includes menuhax_manager, and the HBL executable .3DSX file. That file, and the "3DS" folder should be on your root of SD. Youre gonna need that in order for any homebrew to work, or even display in HBL.

Damn, I tried it like 20 times. I got a red screen only once, and it just got stuck there. I got a orange screen twice, and it crashed to the home menu afterwards. The other 17 times were unsuccessful.
Browserhax sure is unstable.

Edit: 30 times now, and the orange screen crash jumped up to 6 times. What's going on?

Last edited by SWATlozar,

nickwhit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, I tried it like 20 times. I got a red screen only once, and it just got stuck there. I got a orange screen twice, and it crashed to the home menu afterwards. The other 17 times were unsuccessful.
Browserhax sure is unstable.

Edit: 30 times now, and the orange screen crash jumped up to 6 times. What's going on?
You can try using the QR code on browserhax webpage.. iirc it has a slightly better success rate. Also ensure youre using the right ropbin, though im pretty sure itd give you a noticable text error message if you werent.

SWATlozar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
You can try using the QR code on browserhax webpage.. iirc it has a slightly better success rate. Also ensure youre using the right ropbin, though im pretty sure itd give you a noticable text error message if you werent.
Will try again some time later as I'm busy at the moment.
Anyways, ropbin goes where? In the root?

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
For starters, use Luma3DS instead of RxFails.
Neither of rxTools, MSET/Browserhax, is the reason why TC's CIA cannot be installed.
The issue is either the CIA broken, or the FBI 1.3.8's bug.
FBI 1.3.8 cannot recognize some special packaged unsigned CIAs, such as Devmenu 6X.
In this case, use BigBlueMenu instead of FBI.
If BBM/Devmenu reports error, then it's 100% CIA file corrupt. No resuming DL & multithread DL which mainly cause CIA corrupt!

If you and the following responsers don't know how to deal with this issue, please shut up instead of pushing TC to change CFW & entrypoint.
Luma & A9LH give conveniences, but so what? The problem is either CIA file corrupt or FBI's bug, none of entrypoint & CFW's business.

Last edited by MelonGx,

nickwhit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Neither of rxTools, MSET/Browserhax, is the reason why TC's CIA cannot be installed.
FBI 1.3.8 cannot recognize some special packaged unsigned CIAs, such as Devmenu 6X.
If BBM/Devmenu reports error, then it's 100% CIA file corrupt. No resuming DL & multithread DL which mainly cause CIA corrupt!

If you and the following responsers don't know how to deal with this issue, please shut up instead of pushing TC to change CFW & entrypoint.
Luma & A9LH give conveniences, but so what? The problem is either CIA file corrupt or FBI's bug, none of entrypoint & CFW's business.
I actually assumed his FBI wouldnt install any newer CIA installer considering it wouldnt install anything else hes tried. So without an entry and a way into HBL, I didnt think hed be able to. Plus in the future, if he wants to play online, or stay up to date, he will need to upgrade essentially everything. And its better he have an entry point and be aware of what it is than to be without one, or attempt the guide without one in the future and wind up with a brick.. like he would have had I not mentioned Browserhax.

But thats just me. It was actually everyone just blindly throwing the guide at him that made me wonder if he had menuhax, and what entry method he had or could use.

Last edited by nickwhit,

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually assumed his FBI wouldnt install any newer CIA installer considering it wouldnt install anything else hes tried. So without an entry and a way into HBL, I didnt think hed be able to. Plus in the future, if he wants to play online, or stay up to date, he will need to upgrade essentially everything. And its better he have an entry point and be aware of what it is than to be without one, or attempt the guide without one in the future and wind up with a brick.. like he would have had I not mentioned Browserhax.

But thats just me. It was actually everyone just blindly throwing the guide at him that made me wonder if he had menuhax, and what entry method he had or could use.

Good point. But, has anyone asked what firmware he's on? For all you know he's still on 4.5. Best not to assume everyone's on 9.2. Especially with old versions of rxTools (rxTools.dat file in the root is a dead giveaway it's 2.x) and FBI. That would certainly explain why Browserhax won't work. He would need to upgrade to 9.2 first. There's a guide here if you're interested, @SWATlozar. It's your choice of course. No one's forcing you. However, there have been many advancements in CFW since rxTools 2.x to say the least. You will probably find them beneficial (not to mention faster and more convenient, once setup). However, DevMenu, BBM, or even FBI 2 may solve your issues installing CIAs, if they will install. Make sure you're setting the destination to SD, btw, the old versions default to NAND IIRC, and you usually do not want that except for system file downgrades (installing an old browser for the exploits for example).

Last edited by Kazuma77,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Please, I hate it when people tell me or other people to shut up. How was I supposed to know it wasn't the CFW's problem? I was thinking signature patches were disabled.

Reactions: Quantumcat

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Please, I hate it when people tell me or other people to shut up. How was I supposed to know it wasn't the CFW's problem? I was thinking signature patches were disabled.
Please, pushing somebody to reinstall the entire OS without realizing it's a tiny software problem is also a bad manner.
Some devs like posting this that I dislike them either.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please, pushing somebody to reinstall the entire OS without realizing it's a tiny software problem is also a bad manner.
Some devs like posting this that I dislike them either.
Alright, so it's a bad manner, I have learned this now. Let's just stop flameposting, before we get warned.

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China

FBI 1.3.8 should be able to install BBM CIA in any condition FBI itself can run.

BTW, FBI 1.3.8 bug can be explained like this:

CIAs can be installed = Legacy RAR
CIAs unable to be installed = RAR5

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
It would probably be way easier to just format the console and then start Plailect's guide from the beginning. Otherwise you have to constantly work out why things aren't working and what steps to do and what steps to skip. By starting at the beginning you can do it easily on auto-pilot, bam bam bam done.

Reactions: nickwhit

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Imma make quesadillas for lunch :D +1