Hacking Injecting UDK Ultimate PS3 Demo to OFW 4.81

nidalnijmgames

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello guys, I am the main developer of UDK Ultimate Engine (https://gbatemp.net/threads/udkultimate-engine-2017-release-soon.463511/)

I want to try something, I know is very hard, however, is not impossible.

I know also that UDK Ultimate EBOOT.BIN will never work on OFW because it can`t be signed like retail games (private keys).

However, there is still a chance. The game Unreal Tournament 3 for PS3 supports MODs created on PC, custom maps, custom characters, weapons, almost full. Almost, because there are some limitations, like need to own the UT3 Game Disk to play on PS3 and install the MODs. Also UDK Engine uses the same UT3 Base Code, and share the same game scripts.

I have an idea, and I know if I be able to inject the game Unreal Tournament 3 on PS3 OFW without CFW, I may be able to hack, mod the Unreal Tournament 3 for PC to improve the PS3 Modding Support, like being able to change the entire game files, like Game Menu, and everything, simply because all the game logic and interface is controlled by Unreal Scripting, not by the game executable.

You can easily do this on PC, mod everything of the game UT3 for PC. And as I have the entire source code (unreal scripts) of Unreal Tournament 3 PC, and I have a tool to compile those scripts to PS3 Unreal Engine 3 format (*.XXX files), so my idea would be to modify the PS3 Game files in my pc, then inject these modified files on my PS3 OFW overwriting the original UT3 PS3 Files.

I am almost sure this will work, because it does not change the EBOOT.BIN, the EBOOT.BIN of UT3 PS3 will stay intact, no changes, only the game files.

So I want to try, and if that works, then I can port all the work and customization I have done on UDK Ultimate to Unreal Tournament 3 Editor for PC and PS3 Mod Tools, and then create a new version of UDK Ultimate for PS3 OFW Consoles.

For this I need the help of people here, who got experience in injecting games on PS3 OFW, to inject the PS3 UT3 Game on OFW. I CAN PROVIDE THE PS3 UT3 GAME BACKUP AND UPDATE, SO ANYONE CAN TRY TO SEE IF INJECTION WORKS, THEN EXPLAIN TO ME STEP BY STEP SO I CAN TRY ALSO.

Please help guys, this will be something VERY COOL if we can have a tool that allows us to create games and play on PS3 OFW.

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
that seems possible, if your using the retail disc of UDK Ultimate PS3 Demo and it got a game update it will work if injected on OFW (it works originally without mods).
then we know some hacks/translation would work on OFW if you used the original eboot and update, you'll just end up with a partially translated game.
so a original eboot and game update eboot of UDK Ultimate PS3 Demo should work.

nidalnijmgames

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello guys.

Problem solved and clarified by one friend of mine, which tested the UT3 Injection on OFW

Unfortunately, UT3 PS3 Game Injection on OFW never will work, because that game have a sprx file, That makes that game unplayable on ofw.

sprx files cant be modified and if you put an untouched (from disc dump) in the converted game(overwriting the converted one) you could launch that game on cfw but not on ofw.

So I think the best thing I have to do to test my games on PS3 is indeed to purchase a CFW PS3. And I will do it very soon!!!

Cheers :D

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
So the game update dont have sprx? Or the mod requires having to modify sprx?

I know some games that have sprx work via inject method but they also have it on thier game update

kingtut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you implying that there is a way that we could hypothetically use all the homebrew cfw packages on a regular ps3 ofw?

nidalnijmgames

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Are you implying that there is a way that we could hypothetically use all the homebrew cfw packages on a regular ps3 ofw?
No bro, I was wrong, I tested, and Re-Tested injecting Unreal Tournament 3 PS3 on OFW 4.81. It did not work. It injected, I started the game, however it always crash as soon as I enter on the game start menu.

You can inject any homebrew app on a PS3 OFW however it will simply not work. I did inject UDK Ultimate PS3 Demo, it installed the game, showed up the game icon, the background image, however, as soon as I start, it crashes, it does not start, because the eboot.bin of a homebrew game is not signed for OFW (private keys), only is signed to run on CFW (because it ignores security checks).

So, unfortunatelly, no, UDK Ultimate will NEVER work on PS3 OFW. Because this I am going to purchase a PS3 CFW very soon.

Cheers :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, atleast there was some neat filler there