Hacking Injecting A Downloaded Save

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the amibo start.zip file from https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-save-files-compilation.427761/ - now my question is, how do I inject it using saviine?

I have added the saviine.elf to the proper directory on my SD Card, and can launch it from homebrew, but how do I inject the file(s) that are included in that zip?
You also have to run saviine on your pc.

Run dump.bat on your PC. Then launch saviine on your Wii u. It will ask you for your computer IP address so type that in. Then press x (Or whatever button takes you back to the system menu). Next launch the game that you want to inject. Look at your PC screen

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Kafluke - is there a certain directory I must extract the .zip contents to in order for the save info to properly inject?
Here's the best thing to do with saviine.

1. Follow the same steps above and run dump.bat (I should have said inject.bat instead of dump.bat above)

2. After the game dumps the current save you will have all the proper directory names for inject.bat.

3. Go to where the game was dumped. Copy the exact same folder names into the inject folder. Delete any files inside of the folder and replace it with your hacked gamesave.

4. Run inject.bat and start the process over on the Wii u.

I recommend doing it this way because by dumping first you'll get the proper directory names and structure for inject.bat for your exact game. Then it's just copy and replace with hacked files and inject

Reactions: chalupabatman

chalupabatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ran inject.bat - injected the files - they are no longer in the directory C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\saviine\server\saviine_root\inject\00050000-101C9400\80000001\ on my PC but when I load up the game it starts from the beginning as if I did not inject a game at all?

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ran inject.bat - injected the files - they are no longer in the directory C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\saviine\server\saviine_root\inject\00050000-101C9400\80000001\ on my PC but when I load up the game it starts from the beginning as if I did not inject a game at all?
The files won't disappear from the PC after injecting. They must have never been there

chalupabatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figured out what my issue was - the save folder was named [3] and I had to rename it to [0] in order for it to be read.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs