Suggestion Increasing the quality of posts on the temp

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Following on from @Vulpes Abnocto's state of the temp thread, I've had a few ideas about how to increase the quality of postings here. These are just suggestions so anybody is of course free to disagree.
  1. Replace post count with 'like ratio'. This would divide the number of likes by the number of posts to give a score for the user. This would encourage users to make quality posts which garner likes in order to increase their like ratio rather than shitposting to increase their post count
  2. Prevent users with fewer than 100 posts from posting in the tutorials forums. I for one get fed up seeing people post questions there
  3. Remove the 'ask' feature. The postings here seem to be repetitive and of low quality. I'm not sure why this is, but I wonder if it's because some users see the 'ask' button and click it straight away without looking at the forums.
  4. Moderate the EOF. I realise that th EOF is designed to be open for any discussion, but I think it encourages shitposting which inevitably spills over to the main forums. It's a bit like a rowdy bar where people fall out into the street and keep being rowdy even though they're not in the bar any more...

D

Deleted User

That was yours and voxels fault. Not ours. :P
Oh gee, thanks...
dry.gif

Reactions: BurningDesire

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
Also you only joined 7,689,600 seconds before me! I KNOW MY STUFF TOO YOU KNOW!
Which roughly amounts to 87 days, AKA nearly 3 months. Also, I've lurked on GBATemp for a few months before joining. But I'm not here to go into a slapfight.

In any case back on topic:

Whilst pre-moderation isn't going to happen, how about new users get restricted before they can create threads (but they can ofc reply). It should deter the worst kind of users (you know, the ones that create a thread, ask a question and leave). Ideally the bar should be low, like... 10 posts before you can create a thread. This should prevent devs leaving because they can't create a thread, and prevent the one-time user from spamming the forums.

Reactions: Luglige

Luglige

hiatus
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Which roughly amounts to 87 days, AKA nearly 3 months. Also, I've lurked on GBATemp for a few months before joining. But I'm not here to go into a slapfight.
Ik son, it was a joke.
Whilst pre-moderation isn't going to happen, how about new users get restricted before they can create threads (but they can ofc reply). It should deter the worst kind of users (you know, the ones that create a thread, ask a question and leave). Ideally the bar should be low, like... 10 posts before you can create a thread. This should prevent devs leaving because they can't create a thread, and prevent the one-time user from spamming the forums.
This is also a good idea!

Reactions: Ev1l0rd

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Musk sues Hyundai in 3... 2... 1...