Hacking In the process of installing Rebug--where do I go from here?

ultramario1998

no woof tipsic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 3.55 (thanks eBay!) ps3, and the Rebug files are downloading now. I have some questions though.

When and if I obtain backups, how do I run them?
Can I copy said backups straight onto the hdd, or do I have to pass through USB/SD card?
I'd like to activate the ps3 with psn and then activate my exploitable PSTV for the purposes of following this. Is that a bad idea? Do I have to stay on 3.55?
Additionally, can I still access my PSN downloads page, even if it's a bit redundant?

Thanks.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Via Multiman, IrisMAN, IrisManager, Game Sonic Manager, or whatever game launcher pleases you.

Can I copy said backups straight onto the hdd, or do I have to pass through USB/SD card?
internal or external, preferibly, internal, less pain to run them.

I'd like to activate the ps3 with psn and then activate my exploitable PSTV for the purposes of following this. Is that a bad idea? Do I have to stay on 3.55?
No idea what you want to achieve.

Additionally, can I still access my PSN downloads page, even if it's a bit redundant?
Going online its always a risk, you can patch your console using Sen Enabler.

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
For the most part, with a backup manager. This for just downloading the game's contents and copying them to your PS3. Some come as a separate installable app, like Multiman, some integrate directly into XMB, like Webman. I prefer Webman for the convenience, and as it comes bundled with Rebug it's the easier to set up.
The other option is to get games as an installable .pkg, with the associated .rap/.edat file. PSNDL is a good source for this. You'll also need some way to activate the installed games before you can use them, though, last I checked ReActPSN was the go-to for this but others may have cropped up since then. This is also the method you'll need to use for DLC and other PSN content.
You can FTP to the HDD or copy them over from USB.
I'd like to activate the ps3 with psn and then activate my exploitable PSTV for the purposes of following this. Is that a bad idea?
If you take your PS3 online running a CFW, there's always a ban risk. You can reduce the risk with spoofers, hiding things like your console ID, but even then there's a chance Sony will catch you out. You might get away with it, you might not. If you have a friend with a PS3, I'd recommend you make use of theirs for activating your PSTV instead.
Do I have to stay on 3.55?
No, Rebug and most other still-maintained CFWs should support the latest firmware.
You should be able to, yes.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ninja-Download-PNG.png
Ninja'd.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content