Hardware In all the criticizing here how come nobody has mentioned how sharp the shoulder button corners are?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Razor-sharp, they could cut this thread into pieces. /s
Mine are as sharp as Qtip probably. I suppose the QC process is not so up to standards.

Regarding things on what they cheaped out, I can confirm the following in my experience:
  • JoyCon antenna. Yes, mine desynch.
  • DPad on Pro Controller not up to standards. Try an XB1S dpad instead, or go back to NDS and try how they did it right before.
  • Included JoyCon grip with no charger, almost like an iPhone without a headphone jack. (yeah, sell me accessories please. /s)
  • The JoyCons wrist straps thingy is not well produced, in my experience some click right, others get somewhat stuck. Not uniform.
  • Cheap looking dock. If you are going to charge 90 for that, at least make it look like a refined product that looks nice on my desk.
  • No bluetooth headphone support (they cheaped out on software drivers here)
  • No multiple angles for the kickstand (PITA)

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I guess not all of them have it, it's like a ridge of extra plastic on the edge from the mold or something. I have a set of blue joycons sitting in my po box, I'll see if they have it as well.

s157

Grinder Extraordinaire
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's pretty hard to notice. Normally my fingers aren't positioned behind the corner of the L and R buttons in that manner. Or maybe I have brushed against it, but not with enough pressure to cause any discomfort.

Considering how thoroughly you seem to be examining your switch, you will probably find all possible minor faults (least with the switch's of your general area) in regards to good old Nintendo cheaping out.

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's pretty hard to notice. Normally my fingers aren't positioned behind the corner of the L and R buttons in that manner. Or maybe I have brushed against it, but not with enough pressure to cause any discomfort.

Considering how thoroughly you seem to be examining your switch, you will probably find all possible minor faults (least with the switch's of your general area) in regards to good old Nintendo cheaping out.
I notice it because sometimes when moving my finger from the trigger to the shoulder button really fast I can feel it scrape against the inside of my knuckle. And other times I find myself subconsciously fidgeting with the edge when I'm thinking about something. It's an OCD thing.

giphy.gif

Last edited by Mr. Wizard,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1