Importing Gateway saves to cia games

Discussion in '3DS - Tutorials' started by MattKimura, May 8, 2016.

1. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    If you don't want to rely on waiting for someone else, make an emuNAND and downgrade it to 9.2 using a CTR transfer. Then use Gateway mode and extract the save using this tutorial. Then you can inject it in your sysNAND, and get rid of the emuNAND.

2. omgidfc

omgidfc Newbie

Newcomer
    May 14, 2017
    United States
    Thanks, I may give that a shot if no one responds. For one save it feels like a lot of work to go through that, but if it comes down to it its worth not scrapping like 30 hours of gameplay. Thanks for the suggestion.

3. omgidfc

omgidfc Newbie

Newcomer
    May 14, 2017
    United States
    Quantumcat, Looks like I will need to heed your advice and create an emunand to convert my save file from Gateway. Could you point me to a tutorial of some sort for creating an emunand for this purpose? I would assume by your comment that you have some experience with this. Thanks for the help.

4. Quantumcat

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    I know you can use emuNAND9, but GodMode9 can do it too. Make sure to backup all your SD card files before you create the emuNAND because it will wipe them out.
    Once you have an emuNAND, follow the guide for the 9.2 CTR transfer, except choose emuNAND options rather than sysNAND ones.

5. omgidfc

omgidfc Newbie

Newcomer
    May 14, 2017
    United States
    Thanks will do. I really appreciate your help.

Quantumcat likes this.
  6. atrocious123

atrocious123 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2015
    Senegal
    Hello, i no longer have gateway so i do not have the gateway rom menu there thus i can't use the cartridge step.. anyway else to continue to restore my saves? i still have the .SAV file though. ><
    any help will be appreciated, thanks!

7. shahanshah

shahanshah GBAtemp Regular

Sep 5, 2015
    Italy
    Yeah, I've never had a gateway. Is this possible to do without one? Alternatively, can someone convert a single save for me? It's MH3U

Attached Files:

Last edited by shahanshah, May 24, 2017
  8. gruven42

gruven42 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2014
    United States
  9. Nhills

Nhills Member

Newcomer
    Jun 4, 2017
    France
    Thank you.

10. LegendaryFighter

LegendaryFighter GBAtemp Regular

Apr 13, 2011
    Gambia, The
    Germany
    Hi,
    I think I have the same problem.

I was on OFW 4.4 and had a GateWay with emuNand on 11.2. Online mode wasn't working, so I followed a guide here to partially update emuNand to 11.4 and it was working (atleast yesterday). Today, it wasn't and since I didn't have a emuNand Backup, I decided to start over with Luma. So, I followed the guide on 3ds.guide and after some other problems, I ended up updating to 9.2.0 with the "9.2.0 CTRTransfer". I then updated this version to Sys 11.4.

Ok, and here's my question: I still have the old saves from my Gateway-Games, but the are encrypted, so I can't import them to my cia-Games on Luma.
    So, would it be possible to save my Gateway-Saves using your method?

And do I have do downgrade again or can I just do the "9.2.0 CTRTransfer" thing directly?

Thank you very much.

11. Quantumcat

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Do you still have an emuNAND? Downgrade it to 9.2 with a CTR transfer, then boot into Gateway mode and get your saves. If you don't have an emuNAND you should be able to create one with GodMode9.

LegendaryFighter likes this.
  12. LegendaryFighter

Apr 13, 2011
    Gambia, The
    Germany
    No, I don't have emuNand anymore. But I was able to downgrade back to 9.2 and can access my Gateway-Savaes again.

However, I was only able to test the saves on cartrige. Do you think it is possible to restore the saves of the cias installed on my old emuNand? (I still have the files that were on the root of the SD card, but I don't have the emuNand partition anymore.)

13. Quantumcat

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Yep as long as you have the exported saves in the JKSM folder, you can import them to cia games with JKSM.

14. LegendaryFighter

Apr 13, 2011
    Gambia, The
    Germany
    Ok, thats a problem. Because I didn't save the saves with JKSM. I just have the cia folder

Warning: Spoilers inside!

So, without the old emuNand, it is impossible to transfer these saves to another emuNand?

15. chatmax

chatmax Member

Newcomer
    Feb 14, 2015
    Canada
    Did you end up getting the .sav file converted? I just successfully converted my Mario & Luigi Dream Team to CIA from my gateway sav, I'm no using BS9 + Luma.

16. bjaxx87

bjaxx87 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 17, 2011
    Germany
    It should be enough to just move 00000001.sav from the data folder of your EmuNAND to the respective data folder of your SysNAND. I did this before with Alpha Sapphire and while the game claimed my save was corrupted, deleting the secure value with SaveDataFiler fixed it.

LegendaryFighter likes this.
  17. shahanshah

shahanshah GBAtemp Regular

Sep 5, 2015
    Italy
    How did you do that? I have a .sav I want to convert, would greatly appreciate if you could help me out.

18. Skeet1983

Skeet1983 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 22, 2012
    United States
    Somewhere, out there...
    I tried guide with Monster Hunter Generations. When I went to extract save from Gateway/Cartridge, it said failed to open save archive or something. Is this game known to have issue with JKSM? Thoughts and help appreciated :)

19. chatmax

chatmax Member

Newcomer
    Feb 14, 2015
    Canada
    I used MattKimura's instructions. I had trouble the first time when trying to convert Fire Emblem .sav's, getting export errors. But I think I finally got the jist of things.
    Post or pm me your sav file. I will try to convert it.

20. Chickensalad

Chickensalad Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 4, 2017
    United States
    Do I need to do this if my sav is from a CIA?