Importing Gateway saves to cia games

Discussion in '3DS - Tutorials' started by MattKimura, May 8, 2016.

1. Boomerams

Boomerams Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 16, 2016
    United States
    I was having the CTR Broken problem and was able to get it working by using 0004000002C2330 for the save file name. Just a heads up for anyone else having an issue and wants to see if it works for them as well.

2. Seikirengan1601

Seikirengan1601 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 15, 2016
    Indonesia
    So if i want convert sav file fantansy life, i must follow the instruction or different way? Because when i export sav data it say "error opening archive"

3. ozzy8143

ozzy8143 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2016
    i backed up sd card but are the game saves on it or the 3ds can anyone help

4. mouse100

mouse100 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2008
    Italy
    Hi I need your help. I played in past with a gateway 3ds and a Pokemon sun ROM so I saved my game. Now I switched from gateway to luma3ds and I downloaded a cia version of Pokemon sun and I installed it. I tried to launch it for the first time to create a savegame and then I closed it. Later I tried to copy the pokemonsun.sav inside the SD card (one of the JK folder, I don't remember which one) I installed jk's save manager to import the .sav into the Pokemon cia but then I launch the game it tell me the save is corrupted. Is there a way to restore the gateway save file inside the pokemon CIA?

5. Pabidabowie

Pabidabowie Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 13, 2017
    France
    Same as Maximoff " Hi everyone. Finally a way to make my Gateway save work on A9LH CFW. But I have a huge problem, I don't have a Gateway catridge anymore. I'd like to know if someone could convert my save file. I can send it to email. Its a Bravely Default with 40+ hrs..."

I have a many hours (not sure how much exactly) save of Bravely default and I don't own a gateway anymore, I still have the encrypted .sav file though, could someone be kind and convert it for me please?

Last edited by Pabidabowie, Jan 13, 2017
  6. noX1609

noX1609 B9S freak ;)

Aug 30, 2016
    Germany
    Is there a way to do it the other way? Because i have my savegames backuped with JKSM and now i want to use them with the 3ds version on my Gateway Cart.

7. samarigo

samarigo Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 13, 2017
    Italy
  8. c4388354

c4388354 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2015
    United States
    @samarigo

Attached JKSM exported save, copy the 'DRAGON_QUEST_VII' into 'SD:\JKSV\Saves\' and import the "018EF" save game.

Attached Files:

Last edited by c4388354, Jan 14, 2017
  9. samarigo

samarigo Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 13, 2017
    Italy
    thanks!!!!! you save me!!! :wub::wub::wub:

10. Przemn

Przemn Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2017
    Poland
    Hey guys,

I have similar problem - I did luma hack and found out some time later that my old saves will no longer work. I still have a Gateway card ( red, can't find the other one ) and sd cards backup so I restored my 3ds to the previous state ( sysNAND restore using hourglass9 ) but seems Gateway is not working anymore. Any ideas how to make it work again? :/

Problem solved - for anyone interested - https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-using-luma3ds-with-gateway-on-v2-a9lh.431691/

Last edited by Przemn, Jan 30, 2017
  11. zunder

zunder Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 2, 2017
    Gambia, The
    Hey,

I used a DSTWO Plus flashcard with GW plugin and 4.20 Firmware. Now I switched to CFW and of course didn't convert my save files. So now I am on the newest firmware version and am afraid to start the GW plugin with my DSTWO Plus, as I am afraid of a brick. What could I do in order to convert my files safely? It's actually just two games:
    Fire Emblem: Awakening and Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D. If someone dares to convert it for me, it would be awesome as well.

12. nge2015

nge2015 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 17, 2017
    United States
  13. Iceteapeche

Iceteapeche Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 27, 2017
    France
    Hey guys I'm on Luma + A9LH on firmware 11.x GW is not supported yet, so I can export my saves... I do have the .sav files, I would really appreciate if someone could do the JKSM converting for the following Phoenix Wright : Dual destinies' save.
    Thanks for your help.

Attached Files:

14. qaz015393

qaz015393 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 28, 2009
    United States
    Thanks it worked.

Last edited by qaz015393, Apr 3, 2017
  15. theoldbucwild

theoldbucwild GBAtemp Regular

Apr 15, 2017
    United States
    What about doing this with GBA saves?

16. Starboy

Starboy GBAtemp Regular

Apr 26, 2017
    India
    hi guys i just installed cfw on 11.3 and i am loving it , i was using sky3ds plus before and i have the sav files so how do i tranfer them to the cia games i installed on console

17. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    You have to use JKSM, it's a bit of a complicated process but follow https://gbatemp.net/threads/importing-gateway-saves-to-cia-games.425743/ but replace where it says "go into Gateway mode and select the game so it shows in the cartridge slot" just to "put it your Sky3DS and select the game so it shows in the cartridge slot".

18. DavidinCT

DavidinCT Member

Newcomer
    Feb 22, 2017
    United States
    OK, tried and looked over and over with out any luck....still confused so maybe someone cold help. I have 2 issues here. I have tried exporting and importing and no matter what nothing is working for me.

I have Physical carts, when I plug them in, I get my save games working (3 games I am really interested in.... Mario Kart 7, Mario 3D land and New Super Mario 2)... When I play the CIA of the same game I installed, it's like it's a new game.

Then I have a Sky3DS+....how do I use some of my "sav" games from there an import them in ?

Edit: I think I figured it out... (how to get cart to CIA)

Last edited by DavidinCT, May 14, 2017
  19. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Did you export the save game from the physical cart and import to the cia version? For the Sky3DS, follow this guide but when it says to select the game with the multi rom menu, click the button on the Sky3DS until the game shows, instead.

DavidinCT likes this.
  20. omgidfc

omgidfc Newbie

Newcomer
    May 14, 2017
    United States
    Finally got tired of waiting on an update for 11.3 for Gateway so I updated to Luma3DS, man what a great decision. Problem is I have one save I really need from Mario and Luigi Dream Team. Any chance someone could convert this for me? Thank you very much...

EDIT: I do not have the physical cart for this game.

Attached Files:

Last edited by omgidfc, May 14, 2017