Importing Gateway saves to cia games

Discussion in '3DS - Tutorials' started by MattKimura, May 8, 2016.

1. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii & 3DS Softmod Expert

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    WTF?

2. piecewise

piecewise Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 29, 2016
    United States
    Ok, according to the guy that actually did it (not me) he used Emunand and menuhax. He says that the emunand probably contains all the old saves but he's not sure that the data can be ripped and put into arm9 from the backup.

3. George miller

George miller Member

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2016
    United States
    I cant do this with adventure time secret of the nameless kingdom, anyone found a way to do it? Please, it's the only game i´m having issues with, if you need the .sav to help me, let me know. Thanks again all you guys.

4. viral777

viral777 mecha connoisseur

Oct 19, 2009
    United States
    im trying to move my saves from a gateway 3ds over to a A(Lh 3ds. how would i go about this on part 2?

5. Des_Kaje

Des_Kaje Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 18, 2009
    Netherlands
    Holland
    Question: I'm going to upgrade to A9LH soon. I'd like to import my Gateway Savefiles into the cia files I will use once I have installed A9LH. However, following Plailect's guide, Part 3 Section 4 tells me to do the system upgrade, which now would take me to firmware 11.1.0-34. The thing is that this firmware does not support Gateway, so I cannot execute step 6 of the guide in this thread (under II. Exporting & Importing the saves with JK Save Manager). Seems I cannot import saves before doing the system update, since I have no cia manager yet (such as FBI) - and the thing is, in Plailect's guide, installing such a cia manager comes after doing the system update, which would be too late since pressing select to bring up the Gateway Rom Selection Menu wouldn't work anymore. Does anybody have any idea how to bypass this, or should I just accept the fact that I can't import my saves (which wouldn't even be such a big problem, but still...)

6. simbin

simbin GBAtemp Regular

Jul 28, 2015
    United States
    Looks like I'm late to the party.

Can I perform the import process on a different 3DS?

Do I update my source EmuNAND's firmware (o3DS/Gateway/9.8) to match the target EmuNAND (n3DS/A9LH/10.6)?

7. veraci_00

veraci_00 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 6, 2016
    United States
    I'm receiving an error opening save archive error. I'm trying to do etrian odyssey 4.

8. 2DSGamerdude

2DSGamerdude GBAtemp Regular

Apr 6, 2015
    Greece
    Gamecube Land
    well, nice tut and all, matt!
    but i tried JSKM using the tut myself, and for me personally it didn't work, i followed all the steps in the guide,
    to export/import my GW saves from my 2DS (GW Emunand 10.7) => my OLD 3DS (Luma 3ds, Emunand 11.0),
    some saves won't open, some won't transfer over etc.

but, by using SDF instead, to export the saves to filer on my 2ds and then copying them over to my 3ds using filer, and then importing them to the .cia games it works, my saves transfer seamlessly from one emunand to another and on different systems, both using SDF (OFC!).

9. JumpingShadow

JumpingShadow Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2014
    France
    First, thanks for the guide. Secondly, I have a similar question to what gohan123 on last page but nobody gave them an answer.

I'm currently using gateway on an old 3DS (4.4 sysnand) and contemplating moving to a9lh, but here's my problem. I have ACNL and pokemon X cartridges with saves with 6.0 encryption. I assume there is no way to "convert" the save and inject it back in the cartridge but would I even be able to use my save file by dumping my cartridges and applying this method and then injecting them in a cia, or are they gonna be lost forever because of the 6.0 encryption thing? Thanks in advance for any help :)

10. Alucardio

Alucardio Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2016
    United States
    Hey guys, my gateway cart broke and I installed a9lh + luma on my 3ds but by the looks of it, there is no way for me to transfer my 50 hour dragon quest VII (usa) save file to cia without a physical cart

Is there anyone out there that could convert my .sav so i can import it to my CIA USA game? I would be eternally grateful!

Last edited by Alucardio, Nov 14, 2016
  11. clancy94

clancy94 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 18, 2008
    Any chance you could get my pokemon Y .sav file converted to use with JKSM? (I dont have my gateway anymore)

12. 2DSGamerdude

2DSGamerdude GBAtemp Regular

Apr 6, 2015
    Greece
    Gamecube Land
    um, with using JKSM for me it didn't work, it gave me errors using the JKSM tool, but for using filer it worked.

actually, importing the .sav file (JKSM format) import to Cia file,
    and then exporting it via save data filer the save works.

i mean finding a .sav file in the 3ds save thread and downloading it.

um, do you have the save file in .sav format? if so i could convert to to save filer format/JKSM?
    not sure if it'll work, but i can try at least.

13. Pokeman060

Pokeman060 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2013
    Canada
    If I have some of my games in .3dz instead of .3ds, will the save file conversion for cia still work?

14. keyra

keyra Spoderman self proclamed fan

Dec 23, 2008
    France
    saves are still saves

15. Seikirengan1601

Seikirengan1601 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 15, 2016
    Indonesia
    i got "error opening save archives!" when export data from cartridge. Is there anything problem?

16. Seikirengan1601

Seikirengan1601 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 15, 2016
    Indonesia
    After i've tried, and im just realized im doing the wrong instruction. Now i can play mario kart 7 wih my old save hahahaha. Mannn this is the one i need after install cfw. Big thanks to you sir! Hehehe

17. simbin

simbin GBAtemp Regular

Jul 28, 2015
    United States
    YOU ARE MY HERO!!!!!!!!!

Do you know if possible to convert NES REMIX (EUR) to (USA)?
    I'm also curious if NSMB2 to NSMB2 Gold Edition works?

Got them working... found your other thread too... thanks a million!!!!

Last edited by simbin, Dec 4, 2016
    MattKimura likes this.
  18. simbin

simbin GBAtemp Regular

Jul 28, 2015
    United States
    Did anybody else have problems exporting Mario vs Donkey Kong Tipping Stars? I just get an error and nothing is exported. Every other game has worked flawlessly!

UPDATE: Over 40 games success!

Unable to dump these:
    Castlevania Mirror of Fate
    Fantasy Life
    Mario vs Donkey Kong Tipping Stars

Last edited by simbin, Dec 4, 2016
  19. HCartin

HCartin Member

Newcomer
    GBAtemp Patron
    HCartin is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 4, 2016
    Hey, would you please do the transfer to my SSB .sav file please? I followed Plailect's Guide and now I cannot boot the GW cart anymore. It is the only save that I care to mantain from GW Emunand.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Hey, but haven't you installed the BigBlueMenu on .3ds format from the "Select Menu" in GWEmunand? You should search for it and that way you can install the BBM.cia and then install any .CIA you want.

20. rebirthz

rebirthz Member

Newcomer
    Jun 9, 2015
    Tuvalu
    Hi friends,

could you please tell me and if it's not too much explain to me how to transfer the gate way's save files into the difference legit 3ds please.

I own 2 3ds, one for gateway running US region firmware and one legit JP with the most updated firmware.

the problem is i want to transfer the save from the gateway to the legit one (not sure where is Puzzle and Dragon save stored, i believe it might store in the cartridge).

but since this topic is for gateway to cia, one friendly guy brings me here and my brain explodes trying to understand this.

so please, if it's not too much, please explain to me if you know how to do.

Thank you so much dude!