Import Duty taxes?

SonicOR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello there,

If I place an order (2 flashcards for 3ds) with nds-card.com and the item is shipped to the UK through DHL, will I have to pay any duty taxes at Customs? Same question for other types of shipping (registered airmail).

Many thanks in advance

Boogieboo6

@realDonaldTrump
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think you'll have to pay duty taxes. But may I ask what flashcards you're getting? With more and more progress in the 3ds scene, you'll soon be able to load pirated nds games on 3ds without the need of a flashcart. You can already play downloaded 3ds games on the 3ds through custom firmware.

Boogieboo6

@realDonaldTrump
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could try this guide. If you can follow it, you can play all the 3ds games you want as well use homebrew tools. It still has to be updated for use with the newly released Slowhax. That means you can (hopefully) use that guide on any console and get a custom firmware without a hardmod or second 3ds. If you can't follow it now, check it again in a day or two. You could still buy those flashcarts if you really wanted to, but I recommend you don't.

Reactions: SonicOR

SonicOR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Many thanks for your advice, will definitely have a look. I am just a little bit afraid of messing with my 3ds when it comes to firmware.
If anyone knows about import duty taxes in the UK for flashcards from ads-card.com or any past experience, I would be grateful.

SonicOR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone? From what I have read, customs do not really care for small packages like flashcarts. But any input from U.K. users would be very useful.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wouldn't be suprised if you get hit with customs using DHL, even with a small package. It's mostly small packages using standard airmail etc that get through without being hit for VAT. Using DHL I would expect to be paying VAT + DHL's ransom fee for doing the job they are being paid for.

SonicOR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
But on what price would they base any kind of VAT? This is usually based on invoices but I guess that Chinese sellers mark the parcels as gifts with a value below 30£/30$

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free