iMenu step-by-step set-up tutorial

Discussion in 'NDS - Tutorials' started by Terminator02, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Terminator02
    OP

Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

Apr 10, 2010
    United States
    Somewhere near monkat
    It's going to take you to DSGAME when you exit a game through the in-game menu, you have to back out of DSGAME with B to go back to the plugin menu (iMenu in your case).

2. Yoshiatom

Yoshiatom Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 21, 2013
    I'm confused... I folowed all the steps, but when I start imenu all I get is a black screen.
    Any help?

3. drakorex

drakorex GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 19, 2011
    United States
    after adding so many games to the imenu, it seems to freeze while loading, and two corrupted files are found in the ini folder

4. Yoshiatom

Yoshiatom Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 21, 2013
    Yep, but I didn't find any corrupted files.

EDIT: Updated the firmware of my DSTWO, and now it boots. :)

5. drakorex

Jan 19, 2011
    United States
    I got the latest fw. Is there a limit to how much it can handle? (250+)

6. Yoshiatom

Yoshiatom Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 21, 2013
    Oh great, after deleting a icon of the menu, imenu won't boot again, this time giving me a white screen.
    :(

7. Metoroid0

Metoroid0 GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 2, 2012
    United States
    K-2L
    Great! :) Yust in the step 9. you should replace cheat file link with working one..existing one does not exist

8. drakorex

Jan 19, 2011
    United States
    Anyone got jEnesisDS Working from imenu? I put dsgame in the note section of the ini, but it keeps taking me to dsgame.

9. R4Liam

R4Liam Artsy Dude

Jul 7, 2009
    UK
    Can anyone help out with a new link to "spinal_cord's beta3 GIMP icon template" it is dead.

I know this thread is slightly old but I am renovating my DSTWO because I only play ORAS on my 3DS.

Thanks

10. CannonFoddr

CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

Sep 23, 2006
    Sitting by computer
    Not sure what you actually mean - its been such a long time since I looked - but am I assuming you want the psd templates to make your own icons up ?
    If so the Plugin page (https://gbatemp.net/threads/supercard-dstwo-plug-ins.229551/) has a couple of links to icon templates

http://www.mediafire.com/?dmuz4zgmlgm (template 1)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?zmlmwryziy0 (template 2)

I'm not sure but I don't think the b3 icon changed at all from the original b1 version

VatoLoco likes this.
  11. R4Liam

R4Liam Artsy Dude

Jul 7, 2009
    UK

Yes! That's what I was after, thanks man.

12. VatoLoco

VatoLoco Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.

Jan 29, 2008
    United States
    Ya Cant Get There From Here
  13. freestile

freestile GBAtemp Regular

Jan 10, 2011
    United States
    https://www.youtube.com/user/freestilesteve
    This was so coo when I put it on. Gotta break out my ds lite here soon.

14. hereforhelp

hereforhelp Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 8, 2015
    Congo, Democratic Republic of the
    I know this is old but I want it to work anyways and I am getting nowhere, if anyone can help the noobiest of noobs... well thats just swell. I have no issues getting the DSTwo setup and working on a 3ds with various emulator plugins and games. Once I get to step 5 though it gets rough. The most progress I've got was to get the imenu loading screen on top with black on the bottom.

Working on a mac - and with my current setup I don't have a great way to just extract to the root and replace what I need, so I'm doing a lot of that manually (and likely wrong)

So restarting this process again from a formatted card with DStwo basically setup and working, I have at the root:
    / _dstwo (all files left as is so far)
    /_dstwoplug (added nes for testing)
    /Roms (3 .nes games to test)
    ds2boot.dat (updated for 3ds)

I have iMenu from the filetrip mirror for step 5, and the iMenu setup files for step 6 and now just need to figure out how to add them in. I've tried manually copying _dstwo.nds, boot.ini, and rewriting the dstwo.nds into the _dstwo folder, and then adding the _iMenu folder and contents to the root. So two good questions here - is that even the right setup for step 5? and is there a better way (free) to unzip this stuff to just streamline it all.

So from here I'm still not sure if I pulled off step 5 at all, and step 6 just says "Extract this to the root of your MicroSD card and let it replace everything it has to" ...considering I'm trying to replicate this by manually moving the files this has me completely lost..

15. nyseiru

nyseiru Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 27, 2016
    United States
    I recently bought a DSTwo plus and have it all setup - but have noticed that apparently the DSTwo Plus will not default to the last used NDS Rom Directory when using DSGame.nds

I have successfully set up iMenu (which is awesome btw) and have it set up to load DSGame without a game and also using the method above to load a nds game directly.

my question is, is there a way to use this to set the default directory that will be loaded with DSGame instead of the Root? All my games are in /Games/ and i would prefer not to show the OS folders initially.

I have tried teh above but setting the file to just a folder, but no luck

thanks