iMenu step-by-step set-up tutorial

Development has stopped for iMenu and spinal_code's site will not be coming back up, but he has released the source code for iMenu here: http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/flashcart-files/download-imenu-source-10-f32186.html
There you go. Anyone who wants to continue this project may do so, but understand this, 1. My code isn't usually very tidy, so might not be very readable. 2. It's been a long time since I even looked at this, I doubt I could offer any help regarding it. 3. I'm not 100% sure that this is the latest version, but it was the latest one I could find on my hard drive.
Be sure to check out "How to Update EOS" in the Misc. section.

First, some information about iMenu
iMenu%20replaces%20b3.3.jpg

spinal_cord said:
Having used the new Superkard DSTwo for a little while now, I decided to make a new menu for it. The official one, although functional, isn’t really to my liking, so I started work on a new one.

I based this design on the iPod touch/iPhone ’springboard’ so basically it shows up to twelve icons on the screen, four can be docked to the bottom, the other eight can be scrolled sideways.
Earlier version of beta v3
v1

Features of iMenu
  • Uses all icons directly from the official menu
  • Shows up to 12 icons per screen
  • Loads both homebrew .nds and .plg files, and now commercial ROMs too (see Miscellaneous)
  • Anti aliased icon text
  • Can be used as a direct replacement for the official menu
  • Better homebrew compatibility than the official menu
  • D-Pad control with partial stylus/finger control
  • Any size clock (digital or analog)
  • Move/edit/delete/create icons in iMenu itself, no need to mess with .ini files!
  • Shoulder Buttons 'flip' pages
  • Multibooting (see Miscellaneous)
  • Arg support to launch directly into files on supported homebrew (see Miscellaneous)

How to set up iMenu (this is updated as of EOS version 1.11 (6-30-11) and iMenu beta v3.3)

0. If you don't already have an archive extractor (winrar, 7zip, winzip, etc.), download this and install it with the default settings. (it will bug you to pay but won't force you)

1. If you already have stuff on your MicroSD card, back it all up to your computer, then format your card using this formatter. (download is at the bottom of the page)

2. Download the latest official DSTwo firmware package from filetrip.

3. Extract the official firmware package into the root of your MicroSD card. (see what is the root?))
3.5. Optional: Updating your DSTwo to work on a 3DS
If you only have access to a 3DS, it is important that you update your firmware to 1.15 before you update the firmware on your 3DS. If you have access to a DS phat/lite/i/XL then you can update on any of those devices without worry as long as you have the latest EOS on the DSTWO.

Firmware 1.09 - works on 3DS's prior to v2.0.0-2
Firmware 1.12 - works on 3DS's on v2.2.0-4 and prior
Firmware 1.13 - works on 3DS's on v3.0.0-6 and prior
Firmware 1.15 - works on 3DS's on v4.0.0-7 and prior

1. Download firmware 1.15.

2. Extract "dstwoupdate.dat" to the root of your microsd card.

3. Put your microsd card into your DSTwo and insert it into a DS phat/lite/i/XL or your 3DS.

4. Turn on the DS and start the DSTwo, once you get to the plugin menu it should show a popup saying "Update system *your current firmware here* - 1.15", press A here to start updating. Make sure that you do NOT turn off or close the DS until it is finished upgrading.

5. If you did not see the popup, trying renaming "dstwoupdate.dat" to "ds2update.dat", then try it again.

You should now be on firmware 1.15, and dstwoupdate.dat (or ds2update.dat) should no longer be on your MicroSD card if it updated correctly.

-----------

If you started the update but it didn't finish, and now the DSTwo isn't recognized, you just get "Update error, enter than wait 3 minutes"
still in the process of trying to figure out a fix, read this thread for more info
possible fix is to download this and extract system1.dat into your _dstwo folder, then try the firmware update again
4. Download the latest version of iMenu from spinal_cord's site temporarily offline, use the mirror. (Filetrip Mirror)
download%20this%20(imenu)_3.3.JPG
5. Extract imenu.rar to the root of your MicroSD card, let it replace _dstwo/dstwo.nds

6. Extract this to the root of your MicroSD card and let it replace everything it has to.

7. Replace all of your ROMs and save files etc. from the backup if you created one in step 1 (you can just put all of the folders of the back-up on the root of your card) DO NOT OVERWRITE ANYTHING!!!!!!

8. Optional: If you want your DSTwo's microsd card to show up as the card itself on your PC, just extract this to the root of your sd card. (it will take affect the next time you plug in your microsd card)
DS2%20icon%20drive.JPG
9. Optional: If you want cheats, just download this and extract usrcheat.dat into the _dstwo folder. All of the cheats will automagically appear for each supported game. (if you ever want to update your cheats just click on that link again for the newest version and overwrite the old usrcheat.dat with the new one)

10. If the first time you turn on your ds and load iMenu it adds in a catsfc and iMenu icon (as well as any other homebrew you have in your /_dstwoplug/ folder), just press select on them and delete them, as catsfc is the same exact thing as the SNES icon, except uglier, and the iMenu icon is useless.

The basic set-up of iMenu is complete, enjoy .

If you ever want to experiment with skins, you can find them here.
You may also find them here, although they are installed using different methods.

How to add new icons

If there is a folder in the download extract it to the root of your card, extract the .nds file to the _dstwoplug folder.

if you can't get it to work see if there was a readme included in the download and follow the instructions

After you've downloaded all of the homebrew you want and put everything in the proper place on your microsd card, follow the mini guide below and skip step 2.

If the homebrew you're looking for isn't listed, then you will need to get an icon from somewhere else (step 2 on the mini guide below)

-------------

First, you need to understand how the icons work:
for every single icon, there is a corresponding .ini file in /_iMenu/_ini
the title of the .ini does not matter, but you should name it the same as the application that it's loading for organization's sake

This is what DSGame.ini looks like
<!--c1--><div class="codetop">CODE</div><div class="codemain"><!--ec1-->[plug setting]
icon=/_imenu/_images/icons/dsgame.bmp
name=DSGame
file=/_dstwo/dsgame.nds
number=0
dock=1
note=Official DSTwo game loader.
arg=<!--c2--></div><!--ec2-->
The icon= line is for the picture, which should be in /_imenu/_images/icons

the name= line is what the icon will be named within iMenu when you load it up

the file= line links to the file that you are loading, in this case dsgame.nds

the number= line is where your icon will be placed in iMenu, this is no big deal because you can move it while inside iMenu

the dock= line is either 0 to not have that icon on the dock or 1 to have it on the dock, there can be no more than 4 on the dock

the note= line is just a note that some skins display it doesn't matter what you put there (if the icon is for a commercial game you must put "dsgame" here without the quote)

the arg= line is used to load something in homebrew automatically (example being to put the path to a SNES game with the homebrew being CATSFC to automatically load that game when the icon is pressed)
Did you read all that? Good, because you will need to understand it to know how to make your own icons.

1. Copy one of the .ini files in /_iMenu/_ini and rename it to the homebrew you will be loading with it.

2. If the icon you want isn't already in your microsd card in /_iMenu/_images/icons, you will need to either get an image from one of the icon packs or create the image yourself.
a. Check one of the various icon packs.
Icon pack by Cannonfoddr (in /Icons/iMenu (b3) 50x50 icons/)
Icon pack by VatoLoco (in /iMenu Icons/)
Icon pack by jurassicplayer
NDS game cover pack by Cannonfoddr (for commercial games)
b. These don't look as good because they have a border, but if you can't find it in the above packs, look for a .bmp icon in this wiki.
c. Make it yourself.
  • Start up GIMP
  • 'Open' up spinal_cord's beta3 GIMP icon template
  • 'Open' (as a new picture) a picture you'd like to use... Crop it,Modify it, 'Merge down' any layers then 'Resize' it etc (I find best resized to 44x44 pixels)
  • 'Select' > 'All'
  • 'Edit' > 'Copy'
Now the 'tricky' bit....
  • Select the icon template window & you should see in the 'Layers' window - there are 3 of them
    (from top to bottom they should be 'AppIconOverlay.png'/'Background'/'AppIconShadow.png' - the 'background' one has 2 icons together - a film reel & a black border)

• Click on the LEFT ICON of 'Background' (the picture of a film reel)
  • 'Edit' > 'Paste'
Now 'File' > 'Save as' > 'whatever you want to call it.bmp' > Merge visible layer/Export > Save
d. If you don't see the icon you want and do not wish to make it yourself, request your icon(s) in this thread, then use default.bmp file which can be found in /_imenu/_images/icons/ until your request is filled.
e. Put the image you created or obtained in /_iMenu/_images/icons.​

3. Put the homebrew that you want to assign the icon to in the /_dstwoplug folder (it isn't required to be in here, but for organization's sake just put it here)

4. Go back to /_iMenu/_ini. Edit the .ini file you created in step one to correspond to all of the correct files.

You should now see the new icon with the name you assigned it when you boot into iMenu.

How to theme iMenu

Spinal added a page for themes on his website. temporarily offline, check out Cannonfoddr's post and Hoodz post for a few themes

Just click on the name below the picture to download a .rar package and extract the _iMenu folder to the root of your microsd card.
I recommend downloading "sedstwo" to match with the rest of the skin in the "How to skin the rest of your DSTwo" section.

If you are interested in making your own theme you may want to know what you can edit, Cannonfoddr has made a nice bit about what each thing does in the settings:
You need to use either Windows 'Notepad' (or similar) or DSOrganise/Moonshell2 'TextEdit' feature to change these

Settings.ini
<!--c1--><div class="codetop">CODE</div><div class="codemain"><!--ec1-->[main]
toptext=ffffff
topshaddow=000000
bottomtext=ffffff
bottomshaddow=000000

showinfoicon=0
infoix=0
infoiy=60

showinfoname=0
infonx=4
infony=110
nametext=EF73B5
nametextshaddow=ffffff

showinfonote=0
infonox=4
infonoy=122
notetext=EF73B5
notetextshaddow=ffffff

showday=1
dayx=4
dayy=0
daytext=ffffff
dayshaddow=000000

showdate=1
datex=90
datey=0
datetext=ffffff
dateshaddow=000000

quietboot=1
hideicontext=0<!--c2--></div><!--ec2-->
  • toptext=,topshaddow=
    Not used - Left over from beta3(.0)

bottomtext=,bottomshaddow=
    Defines the colours used to display the text underneath the Icons on bottom screen

showinfoicon=0/1
    0= Do not show icon on top screen, 1=Show icon on top screen
    infoix=, infoiy=
    Position to show 'Icon' on top screen

showinfoname=0/1
    0= Don't show Icons name on top screen, 1= Show icon name on top screen
    infonx=, infony=
    Postion on top screen to show Icon's name
    nametext=, nametextshadow=
    Defines the colour of the icon names text, & it's 'shadow'

showinfonote=0/1
    0= Do not show the text stored in the INI 'note=' line, 1= Show the text in 'name='
    infonox=, infonoy=
    Position on top screen to display the 'note=' text
    notetext=, notetextshadow=
    Defines the colour(s) used to display the text stored in 'note='

showday=0/1
    0=Do not show today's day (Monday-Sunday) on top screen, 1=Show today's day on top screen
    dayx=, dayy=
    Position on top screen to show the date
    daytext=, dayshadow=
    Defines the colour(s) used to display the Day name

showdate=0/1
    0= Do not show the date (dd/month) on top screen, 1= Display the date
    datex=, datey=
    Position on top screen to display the date
    datetext=, dateshaddow=
    Defines the colour(s) used to display the date

quietboot=0/1
    0=When booting up display text on what iMenu is doing, 1=only show a (virtually) blank bootup screen with 'iMenu' title on it
    hideicontext=0/1
    0=All Icons on bottom screen will show the name underneath, 1=Only Icon graphics are displayed

Skins for iMenu b1 (these are very old and do not work on the newer version of iMenu)

--------------------

How to skin the rest of your DSTwo

This is my recommended skin just to start you off, you can later change anything to how you want it.

1. Download the DSTwo Skin Installer by Stormwave.

2. Extract "7z.dll", "DSTwo Skin Installer.exe", and "SkinInstaller.ico" anywhere you want on your computer (with all of the files in the same folder).

3. Double click "DSTwo Skin Installer.exe" and press "Associate ds2skin".

4. If you haven't yet, make sure you have your MicroSD card plugged into your computer.

5. Download the Limited Edition DSTwo skin (orange version).

6. Extract "LEDS2-Orange.ds2skin" to wherever you want on your computer, then double click it.

7. You will see a window with all of the skins that it is going to install, uncheck the "Loading Screen" box.
8. Then press the Start button and wait for the skin to finish installing.

Your skin is now successfully installed.

If you ever want to experiment with skins, you can find them here.
You may also find them here, although they are installed using different methods.

Miscellaneous

How multibooting works:
- New boot menu -
Holding L+R during booting will load a file selector, press 'A' to load a different menu one time, Press 'Start' to change the default menu.
This is 100% compatible with BAGPlug and other homebrew, you can even set moonshell or the original plugin menu as default and change them whenever you like. Have a look in _dstwo/boot.ini to figure out how it is set up!​
How to Update EOS
1) Delete "plgargs.dat" off of the root of your MicroSD card
2) Download the latest EOS from here
3) When you open up the latest EOS in your archiver, rename dstwo.nds to _dstwo.nds (in the /_dstwo/ folder)
4) Extract all of the files to the root of your MicroSD Card like normal and let everything overwrite.​
How to Update iMenu (of same versions e.g. Beta3.2 to beta 3.3) by Cannonfoddr:
1) Backup the '/_imenu/' folder from your Memory card
2) Download & install the latest version of iMenu from Spinal's website
3) Copy back the '/_imenu/'_ini/' folder, overwriting any existing INI (If you don't you may find some Icons have 'moved' places)

IF you have done any theme/skin/clock alterations:-
> Copy over from your backup the '/_imenu/_images/gui/' folder, 'clock.ini' and 'settings.ini' files

IF you have added any new Icons to iMenu:-
> Copy over the [added] icons from your '/_imenu/_images/icons/' backup into the same folder on your Memory card​
How to load commercial ROMs from iMenu:
Just put dsgame in the note line in your .ini file, see the example below.
[plug setting]
icon=/_imenu/_images/icons/*Whatever Icon Graphic You Want*.bmp
name=*Name of Commercial ROM*
file=/DSgames/*Commercial ROM*.nds
number=0
dock=0
note=dsgame
arg=
You can get game icons from Cannonfoddr's NDS game cover pack
How to get DSDoom to work:
How to get jEnesisDS to work:
Put dsgame in the note line of the .ini file, such as with commercial ROMs, if it still doesn't work try an older version of jEnesisDS​
How arg works:
Arg is a method to automatically launch up a specified file when you start up the homebrew (such as a game in an emulator) using a custom icon with an arg line in the .ini file (see "How the icons in iMenu work" under the "How to add new icons (homebrew)" section). Currently the main homebrew that support it are CATSFC and IkuReader.

To create arg icons set the .ini file up just like the homebrew's .ini file, except have the arg= line point towards the file you want to load.
[plug setting]
icon=/_imenu/_images/icons/*Whatever Icon Graphic You Want*.bmp
name=*Name of SNES Game*
file=/_dstwoplug/CATSFC.plg
number=0
dock=0
note=
arg=/CATSFC/gamepak/*SNES Game*.smc

Shameless plug

Would you like to know how to get game guides or pictures that you can access from the real-time menu while playing DS2 games? Would you like to know how to create high quality videos for viewing in Moonshell 2?

Just click here

E.Chu

Desu.
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Although I'd love to follow this tutorial, I've noticed that the HTML in this tutorial isn't being rendered correctly in Firefox 16.0.2 or Internet Explorer. Among the numerous issues involve static <href> tags, static <br> tags, and the use of deprecated and invalid HTML. In itself, the visual blowout makes the tutorial impossible to follow.

More worryingly, broken HTML appears to be a problem for me across the entire site!

I don't wish to offend the maker of this unequivocally brilliant tutorial, but the issue appears endemic to threads made by Terminator02. I was browsing across another thread utilizing embedded HTML and was able to view it without problems.

I'm guessing that a </HTML> or a </code> tag is missing within the complexity that is the initial post.

In the meantime, the OP could:
  • use the post editor to achieve near comparable effects
  • display images at the bottom with the post editor
  • use the underline function of the post editor to refer to exterior links

Attachments

• Broken HTML (Screen A).png
    Broken HTML (Screen A).png
    68.6 KB · Views: 474
  • Broken HTML (Screen B).png
    Broken HTML (Screen B).png
    36.2 KB · Views: 455
  • Working HTML (Screen A).png
    Working HTML (Screen A).png
    21.7 KB · Views: 473
  • Working HTML (Screen B).png
    Working HTML (Screen B).png
    75.3 KB · Views: 461

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Although I'd love to follow this tutorial, I've noticed that the HTML in this tutorial isn't being rendered correctly in Firefox 16.0.2 or Internet Explorer. Among the numerous issues involve static <href> tags, static <br> tags, and the use of deprecated and invalid HTML. In itself, the visual blowout makes the tutorial impossible to follow.

More worryingly, broken HTML appears to be a problem for me across the entire site!

I don't wish to offend the maker of this unequivocally brilliant tutorial, but the issue appears endemic to threads made by Terminator02. I was browsing across another thread utilizing embedded HTML and was able to view it without problems.

I'm guessing that a </HTML> or a </code> tag is missing within the complexity that is the initial post.

In the meantime, the OP could:
  • use the post editor to achieve near comparable effects
  • display images at the bottom with the post editor
  • use the underline function of the post editor to refer to exterior links
I'm aware of the problem. The post was switched from BBCode to html in the GBAtemp v3 upgrade, so I just enabled HTML. The problem is I don't have HTML parsing permissions in GBAtemp v4. I've already brought it up with the staff.

barbonneau

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone can help me install Imenu on my ds.
the guide is hard to follow since the screen shot are down.
Any video how to or pdf guide.
Thanks

fatty77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to say thanks for all the work everyone has put into this. I'm still trying to get used to things but I'm starting to pick up how to customize the menu.

Can somebody reupload iMenu beta 3 icon template? The MF (and only) link is down.

I think I found a template in the icon pack by vatoloco

located at: 11558-LocoGuapoMultiPackoDeVato\LocoGuapoMultiPackoDeVato\iMenu Icons
"50x50 iMenu icon_template"

Still having trouble trying to figure out gimp 2.8 to make custom icons but I'm getting there.

fatty77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • Start up GIMP
  • 'Open' up spinal_cord's beta3 GIMP icon template
  • 'Open' (as a new picture) a picture you'd like to use... Crop it,Modify it, 'Merge down' any layers then 'Resize' it etc (I find best resized to 44x44 pixels)
  • 'Select' > 'All'
  • 'Edit' > 'Copy'
Now the 'tricky' bit....
  • Select the icon template window & you should see in the 'Layers' window - there are 3 of them
    (from top to bottom they should be 'AppIconOverlay.png'/'Background'/'AppIconShadow.png' - the 'background' one has 2 icons together - a film reel & a black border)

• Click on the LEFT ICON of 'Background' (the picture of a film reel)
  • 'Edit' > 'Paste'
Now 'File' > 'Save as' > 'whatever you want to call it.bmp' > Merge visible layer/Export > Save

I'm having trouble with this last sequence. It is like it won't merge the layers properly and I'm getting this image (trying to replace the GBA image):

jkJBTVV.png

Gimp 2.8 won't let me save as a .bmp, just export as a .bmp. So I will first save it as .xcf. Then I will select 'Image' > Merge Visible Layers'

The options I get for "Final Merged Layers should be:" are 'Expand as necessary', 'Clipped to image', and 'Clipped to bottom layer'. I've tried all of them and I'm still getting the same thing. I also leave 'Discard invisible layers' unchecked. Any recommendations? I've also tried other things like 'Layer' and then 'Anchor Layer' or 'Merge Down' and still no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Here is the icon I'm trying to get the transparency on:
luZhJiy.png

2ndApex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble with this last sequence. It is like it won't merge the layers properly and I'm getting this image (trying to replace the GBA image):

jkJBTVV.png

Gimp 2.8 won't let me save as a .bmp, just export as a .bmp. So I will first save it as .xcf. Then I will select 'Image' > Merge Visible Layers'

The options I get for "Final Merged Layers should be:" are 'Expand as necessary', 'Clipped to image', and 'Clipped to bottom layer'. I've tried all of them and I'm still getting the same thing. I also leave 'Discard invisible layers' unchecked. Any recommendations? I've also tried other things like 'Layer' and then 'Anchor Layer' or 'Merge Down' and still no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Here is the icon I'm trying to get the transparency on:
luZhJiy.png

I got the exact same problem trying to make my own iMenu icons, I just gave up and used BAGPlug, it has a real file browser and cover packs+favorites is a LOT easier than having to create an icon and an ini file for every single retail game, rom, and homebrew program you want to run.

Creating fake NDS covers is a lot easier than icons too and kinda fun lol

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Ok - been a while since I last looked at this, but I THINK I may be able to help those trying to export the icons as BMP in GIMP 2.8. Seems like a few changes since I last used GIMP

I've not tried it yet (My DS is 'on loan' & not sure when I'll get it back) but can some1 try this method & see what happens. Let us all know your result

INSTEAD of Now 'File' > 'Save as' > 'whatever you want to call it.bmp' > Merge visible layer/Export > Save

Try this:-
File > Export... > 'Whatever You Want to call it.bmp' > [EXPORT]

You should (I do) get a box pop up with 'Export image as BMP' as the title & '> Compatibility Options' and '> Advanced options' (you also should see a greyed out 'Run Length encoded' option)

Expand the '> Advanced Options' and check to see if 'X1 R5 G5 B5' is selected - if not, select it
(If this doesn't work try one of the other 16-bit options, but I'm 99% sure that 'X1' refers to the 'transparant layer' info)

Then click [Export]

IIRC, iMenu cannot handle 24 or 32-bit graphics & GIMP defaults to 32-bit when exporting
& since 32 is 'double' the required 16-bit required that is why I think you get that 'double image' effect

fatty77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks CannonFoddr, unfortunately it still didn't work. For some reason, when I switched to 16 bit for the iMenu software locked up when trying to load, which makes no sense. I will still play around with it eventually but I will just stick with the available icons for now. Thanks again.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Thanks CannonFoddr, unfortunately it still didn't work. For some reason, when I switched to 16 bit for the iMenu software locked up when trying to load, which makes no sense. I will still play around with it eventually but I will just stick with the available icons for now. Thanks again.

Ironically, today I got my DS back so had a chance to experiment myself.. seems like I was totally wrong :( - iMenu CAN support 32-bit graphics :yay:

So here's the NEW [newer?] instructions for GIMP 2.8.0......give them a try & let us know
If it works for you then perhaps the OP can alter (or add) these to his post

--------------------------------------------------------------​
NOTE: All previous steps to actually MAKE the icon stay the same as original post
- It's just the last line of the guide needs to be ignored & these steps used instead

File > Export... > 'Whatever You Want to call it.bmp' > [EXPORT]
You should get a box pop up with 'Export image as BMP' as the title & '> Compatibility Options' and '> Advanced options' (you also should see a greyed out 'Run Length encoded' option)
Expand the '> Compatibility Option' and make sure the 'Do Not Write color space information' is 'ticked'
Expand the '> Advanced Options' and make sure 'A8 R8 G8 B8' is selected
^ These 2 lines are the newer instructions
Then click [Export]
----------------------------------------------------------------​

and heres the proof using the Gameboy Icon from the above post [showing in the bottom right corner]
1jn3hz.jpg
(BTW - I just picked a random game for the shortcut for testing - that particular game is a DS & not a gba one :lol:)

fatty77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So close but still having trouble, here is the pic:
cGeqVkL.png

Color still not coming out right, and for some reason it shifts the image over and if you look really close you can see the far right side of the image loop back over to the left side. Why, I have no idea. I thought it was the template but if I save it again through Paint it comes up fine but loses the transparency so I have no idea what it is. I might play around with more options later this week but I don't know. Thanks for your help though, it is really appreciated. Weird though.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
That is weird - I can also see (if you look VERY closely) the graphic is actually slightly transparent as well as I can see the diagonal stripes of the background showing through it.

I WOULD say it might be either the GBA icon used (I 'saved image as' the one from your post #552, perhas the one you are using has altered somehow))
or
You've changed a setting in GIMP and forgot to change it back
or
we have different versions (I have 2.8.0 but I notice it's now up to 2.8.4) & there's a slight difference in how the newer version exports

Chalupacabra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having trouble with this install. Every rar I download of iMenu does not contain a _dstwo/dstwo.nds file to replace the existing file. After I follow the steps above, I end up with a bootable flash kart that boots a double white screen. Should I be using the EOS linked instead of the 12/24/12 release?

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
Having trouble with this install. Every rar I download of iMenu does not contain a _dstwo/dstwo.nds file to replace the existing file. After I follow the steps above, I end up with a bootable flash kart that boots a double white screen. Should I be using the EOS linked instead of the 12/24/12 release?

try this one that BassAceGold recently updated. it should work for iMenu.
http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/flashcart-files/download-dstwonds-20-03-2013-f31811.html

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...