iMenu step-by-step set-up tutorial

Discussion in 'NDS - Tutorials & FAQs' started by Terminator02, Oct 20, 2010.

Oct 20, 2010

BassAceGold Testicles

Message Count:
    Canada
    It's a bug in the DSTwo.nds file that is included with iMenu. If you use the one included with BAGplug, it should work.

Sir_Voe New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Ah, thanks a lot!
    Just to clarify, the whiney nature of my post was purely tongue in cheek. Those icons were a breeze to copy and paste together [IMG].
    Nonetheless, if anyone wants to use them, here's a dl link to all 6: https://rapidshare.com/files/2314884604/AtariIcons.zip
    [IMG]

The games are left to right, top row first: No Escape, Yars Revenge, Pitfall, Haunted House, Berzerk and ET (for the lulz).
    • Podcast Crew

Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

Message Count:
    United States
    have you talked to him about that? some sort of hotfix doesn't seem like it would be that hard to make

Edit: deleted step 9 in "How to skin the rest of your DSTwo" since the DSTwo Skin Installer now supports installing to CATSFC/BAGSFC

CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    Well - haven't I been a busy little bee today......
    Had a few hours free today & since no-one else is bothering to carry on the work, I've decided to give the 'iMenu NDS Covers Icon pack' an update (mirror link)

I've decided to merge all cover icons that I've done so far ('Kor','DSi','Rest') into one single pack & added another 295 cover icons (from the 'Rest' folder) to it

It's STILL isn't complete (BMR - I've only done ~1334 of the possible 5529 covers in the original V1 Bagplug pack) & it still may never get completed...
    ... still I'm sure many of the icons I've done can be reused for other games (there ARE a lot of duplicates in it)

Oh, before I forget - my 'Imenu Multi pack' has also had an update as well

spinal_cord Knows his stuff

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    Has anyone made any good skins for iMenu lately? I'm getting bored with my current one and I feel like a change.

Oh, and great work everyone who has been contributing with icon packs and helping people out!

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    'Fraid I've been too busy the cover icons / Updating the ds2skin pack wiki, DS2 skin thread (among other things) to worry about extra iMenu skins ATM...... Sorry

Mind you - couldn't you just take some background graphics from other skins & rename them to iMenu standards for now ??... Hmmm there's a thought [IMG]
    • Newcomer

ShyniHunter New Member

Message Count:
    Netherlands
    I did everything what's in the first post, but iMenu won't load >_> Any solution for this?

Edit: Solved the problem (;
    • Podcast Crew

Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

Message Count:
    United States
    could you explain what the problem was and how you fixed it, your not the first person to have problems, also, could u say your OS (Windows, MAC, etc.)
    • Newcomer

ShyniHunter New Member

Message Count:
    Netherlands
    The only thing that happened was that I forgot one step. >.>

freestile New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    You guys rule man. Thanks a bunch for all the work and help to everyone.
    • Podcast Crew

Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

Message Count:
    United States
    no problem, i might be able to actually start working on that list of downloads again once school gets out

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    FYI - update to the iMenu Cover Icon Pack....
    ....Now with an additional 804 icons (Covers from 'B2BX' to 'C77P' now added)

Only another ~3402 from the original cover pack to go.... [IMG]
    • Podcast Crew

Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

Message Count:
    United States
    lol, that's insane how many there are, but good luck [IMG]

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    yeah well... it takes about 30-40 mins to do just ~100 icons, & I was hoping to try and do 1000 a week in my spare time, but unfortunatly RSI kicks in and my fingers and wrist start aching (dam GIMP for nothing a 'proper' macro feature)

Still my own fault... I shouldn't of even started it [IMG]
    • Podcast Crew

Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

Message Count:
    United States
    moved the work in progress notice to the spoiler of the list of homebrew, as that's the only part that is a work in progress and everything else in that section is finished and correct

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    @ Spinal: I know you're most probably still busy with your site... but just a couple of suggestions for iMenu (b4??)

As you know - to create a icon for NON-nds files we have to select 'File:' to select the Emulator in question & then the 'ARG:' & browse for the file.

So how about this instead....
    Just use 'File:' & let it show more than just NDS/PLG files (perhaps only files as defined in an 'emulator.ini' file so that it only show files that you've set up an emulator for)

Depending on the extension of the file selected - iMenu will then 'choose' the emulator required & fill in 'File:' and 'ARG:' automatically.

iMenu could use a new 'INI file ('emulator.ini' perhaps ?) that may look something like this
    Code:
    [emulators]
    gb=/homebrew/lameboy.nds
    gba=/_dstwoplug/gba.plg
    smc=/_dstwoplug/bagsfc.plg
    :
    :
    So that what happens is
    > You create new icon
    > Select 'File:'
    > Browse to a smc file
    > iMenu will then move the 'File:' info into 'Arg:' & replace 'File:' with '/_dstwo/bagsfc'

Also - in the case of NDS files - could iMenu check the header of the file to see if it's 'Homebrew' [IIRC that's always '####'] or 'Commercial' & fill in 'Note:' with 'dsgame' automatically - as it seems that your internal launcher (well in my case anyway) doesn't seem to be working right
    • Podcast Crew

Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

Message Count:
    United States
    I agree the features would be nice, it would be blatant copying of bagplug but thats how the greatest things are maid, by copying good ideas from elsewhere and improving your own thing (i worded that wrong I think)

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    True it is copying Bagplug - but where as iMenu is 'just' a Game selector/launcher - Bagplug has the 'edge' of being a full 'media' selector/launcher + it has the choice of what should open

My suggestions is just one way of making 'Icon Creation' a little easier...
    ....I'm always forgetting whether to choose 'File:' or 'Arg:' for the game I want & also sticking 'DSGame' into the 'Note:' line for commercial NDS (actually I would prefer all commercial NDS to use the 'ds_game' no matter what)

The other things I'd also like are that File & folders with 'Hidden' attributes don't show up when browsing (but this happens also with the DS_game anyway) & when selecting DS_Game it 'remembers' the last folder you were in & goes back to that - instead of the Root every time

Sir_Voe New Member

Message Count:
    United States

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    FYI - Major update to the iMenu NDS Cover pack....

All covers from the 'DSi','NDS Kor' and 'NDS Rest' folders inside 'Bagplug's cover pack' now converted to iMenu B3 [50x50] icons - a grand total of 3841 covers [IMG]

Only the 'NDS Jap' folder remains to be done - ('JUST' another 1686 covers remain [IMG] .......)