Hardware iMac G5 (not power mac G5) beeps a infinate amount of times when turn it on. Any fixes?

What do you like better?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dogmander25

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got a old iMac G5 and it beeps when I turn it on and gives the apple screen but without the apple.
I want to fix it so I can use it just to play around with.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like both both PC and MAC for different reasons. Mac -- less virus and hard to find emulators being playable like PCSX2 (minus Wineskin of course). You got an idea. PC - more virus and better emulators.

Can you show a picture ? It will help.

Ace212

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know so thats why I'm asking you guys.

We aren't going to be able to identify the problem without some trial and error on your end. Try looking around for some cheaper iMac G5 compatable RAM, purchasing it, and swapping it out. If that doesn't work, the PowerPC G5 CPU might be dead, and I don't know if there is any way to fix that...

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I didn't have a keyboard + mouse plugged so should I turn it on with them plugged in?

Is this screen white ? It looks like to me because it could be "White of death". I can help you.. Pm me and we can discuss. I have experience with a friend similar with yours. I resolved it for him. I can try to help you. Pm me. So we can pm each others back and forth regularly. I am free time now. By the way, I have a newer MAC myself - 2 years old, I think. :)

Last edited by spotanjo3,

RaMon90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just saw the poll now, I prefer windows for a reason and thats pc gaming. I dont know if other OS are faster or not, havent tried.

jellybeangreen2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can hear a grinding. That isn't a beep, that's a grind. Sounds like the HDD has gone, if the CPU or memory had gone, you wouldn't get a picture.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: