Hardware I'm selling my 3DS XL...

Gettwobirdsstone

Triforce Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm curious, as I've read that you can remove your Nintendo ID from the eshop and the digital games will remain on the console, correct me if I'm wrong. But, my question is, will this effect my Wii U in anyway? I use the same Nintendo ID on my Wii U. I'm basically trying to sell my 3DS with all my eshop 3DS purchase without giving away my Nintendo ID, as I have the ambassador games and a ton of eshop titles.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
your digital purchases are tied to the NNID, and there's no way you can get around this I'm pretty sure. you have to format the console to unlink the NNID but this will also remove purchases from the console.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, they're only linked to your ID and can't be transferred to other IDs or consoles (without moving the ID as well). sorry but you just won't be able to "unlink" the purchases from your NNID :(

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes if someone can access your ID, they can do anything they want with it; including delete it which would delete the ID and everything associated with it, including your Wii U purchases.

I know, it sucks, but you just can't give those purchases to someone else.

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you call them you'll probably be able to link your ID to a different console but that won't remove the purchases from the ID.

Gettwobirdsstone

Triforce Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
just spoke to Nintendo, basically their just transferring all my 3DS purchases to my fiance's Nintendo ID within 5 days, and I get to keep my Wii U purchases on my Nintendo Id. Then after I can system transfer her Nintendo ID to my 3DS and sell all the eshop titles. Nintendo is dumb, as I already stated to them I was trying to sell my 3DS with all the games, and they just made it way easier for me. LOL

qi_synergist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im guessing your 3ds is officially up to date? if not why not just install cfw & download the games on there.. either way its piracy if you include the games

i wouldnt say nintendo is dumb in that aspect for giving you good customer service in this matter.. then what gamesquest1 said, can let you understand why they were so carefree. might as well sell it without the games and save the buyer some hassle

Gettwobirdsstone

Triforce Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yeah but now whoever buys it will be effectively banned from online games and the eshop unless they format the system........so your basically ripping them off
how do you mean, the purchases are ties to the 2nd Nintendo ID, which they will have the password and all the personal info they need to keep the games.Maybe what I said wasn't clear, All my 3ds games are being individually being moved from my NNID to my fiance's NNID, so her 3DS and NNID will have all the games, completely removing them from mine. So, then I'm going to system transfer the games back to my 3DS, which has been formatted, download all the games on mine again, and give the password and personal info attached to my fiances NNID to them.

Last edited by Gettwobirdsstone,
Reactions: gamesquest1

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Oh it sounded like you were just planning to have Nintendo do a remote system transfer, which just means your NNID is unlinked from console A at which point you can download all your games on a different console and still leave them on console A

This would technically dupe all your purchases except system A is now blocked from online stuff untill they format to remove the now unlinked NNID

But if nintendo have allowed you to transfer all the 3ds purchases from NNID A to NNID B while leaving the wiiu purchases I guess that would be pretty cool I wouldnt have though nintendo would have really done anything like that

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/