Hacking im on 3.0.1 will should i wait

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no exploit will release for at least a few years, even if you did stay on 3.0 it wouldnt be worth staying on
I'm very doubtful it will take a few years to get something for 3.0. I'd be willing to bet we see something within the next 12 months, even if it's something basic.

Frysenberg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so for you its worth staying on 3.0, no acces to the eshop/online features and you cant play mario odyssee

What it's worth for one person is entirely different than yours, everyone is different.
Personally I'm staying on 3.0.0 on both of mine until there are at least 3 games that I want to play badly enough to update one of them.
I have plenty of other games to keep me occupied until then, I have the patience.

Last edited by Frysenberg,

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so for you its worth staying on 3.0, no acces to the eshop/online features and you cant play mario odyssee
I don't play online, almost never buy off eshop, and I'm not even sure I want to play Mario odyssey (at least not at first). And frankly odyssey is the only game coming in the near future that would make people update, but again I'm not too interested in it right now.

digipimp75

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 2 Switches, one on 2.1.0 and the other 2.3.0. Going to update one for the newest games and online, and will keep the other in the box. Yes, it's overkill... and my wallet hurts lol

fisher6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I caved and ordered a second Swtich today. Gonna update the one i have to 3.0.1 and use the new one for homebrew if it comes. Have 60 days return anyway!

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no exploit will release for at least a few years, even if you did stay on 3.0 it wouldnt be worth staying on

Something useful already has come out of this that benefits the end user. The parental controls were reverse engineered so that you can generate a master code to reset the parental PIN. Not amazing but it's useful to somebody. Save file editing, screenshot fake signing, and ROM dumping has been figured out just not released. You can't predict the future. If you could you wouldn't have updated to 3.0.1.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I don't play online, almost never buy off eshop, and I'm not even sure I want to play Mario odyssey (at least not at first). And frankly odyssey is the only game coming in the near future that would make people update, but again I'm not too interested in it right now.

But you can't play Splatoon Too online. They have new hats!!!

Reactions: Thirty3Three

Soluble

Trophies
XP
Country
why are there a bunch of newbies here
Well I've been here 6 months, yes still a 'newbie' I'm sure you wore that tag once. But thanks for your input.

I came here for the WiiU guides which I purchased at the same time as the switch. Would you prefer I post some new threads around accidentally updating to 3.0.1? Or should I update to play spla2n or how long til backups to boost my newbness?

Frysenberg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well I've been here 6 months, yes still a 'newbie' I'm sure you wore that tag once. But thanks for your input.

I came here for the WiiU guides which I purchased at the same time as the switch. Would you prefer I post some new threads around accidentally updating to 3.0.1? Or should I update to play spla2n or how long til backups to boost my newbness?

Same-ish here. I've been here off and on for years, I only registered so I can add my 3.0.0 serial to the firmware thread.
Generally, you can tell when someone did their homework though.

Reactions: Istolla

Soluble

Trophies
XP
Country
Same-ish here. I've been here off and on for years, I only registered so I can add my 3.0.0 serial to the firmware thread.
It's ok, he started the 'accidentally updated my switch thread' seems a bit newbish to me. Just because I haven't been in the Nintendo scene doesn't mean I haven't been in the modding scene.

Last edited by Soluble,

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
1ae4052a27ed5ce71d3c4f774e176972--work-humor-emoji.jpg

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

you bought a switch 'new' on 3.0.0? you sure it wasn't preowned?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning