Warn-free Since 2005
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
s4mid4re said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beta_(letter)

QUOTE said:
Beta (uppercase ?, lowercase ?, internal ?) is the second letter of the Greek alphabet. In high-quality print, the variant of the lowercase letter without a descender is used within a word: ?????? is printed ??????. The form ‹?› is very common in handwriting.

The name of the letter is pronounced /?be?t?/ (US) or /?bi?t?/ (UK)), and in Greek ???? [?vita].

In the system of Greek numerals Beta has a value of 2.
Vita = Beta = 2
PSVita = PSP2

That's my guess. I don't care how it sounds, as long as it's good.
i meant as in second rate
tongue.gif

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I thought the name Wii was ridiculous when it was announced; now I'm used to it.
I'd hoped there'd be a different name to Vita, but I'll live with it. PSV isn't a bad abbreviation anyway.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ProtoKun7 said:
I thought the name Wii was ridiculous when it was announced; now I'm used to it.
I'd hoped there'd be a different name to Vita, but I'll live with it. PSV isn't a bad abbreviation anyway.
That's true, and we'll probably just call it the PSV anyway.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
The Vita isn't called PSP2 for the same reason the Xbox 360 wasn't called an Xbox 2: there was already a system out with a number 3 in the name. So to avoid launching a PS2 months after Nintendo launched a 3DS, they're naming it Vita, so the general public won't subconsciously compare the two consoles that way (3>2).

That was mostly tongue in cheek.

More seriously, Sony's starting to give their products names instead of just product codes. Just look at their phones lately. Xperia, Cedar, Aspen, Vivaz, Yendo, Aino? "Vita" kinda fits right into the naming scheme.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself