Homebrew I'm having trouble installing the Homebrew Launcher on my New 3DS

spacecity

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having trouble trying to install the Homebrew Launcher on my New 3DS, and I use Ninjhax, because I think it is compatible for my New 3DS version 11.5.0-38U. I downloaded the stuff from the Homebrew Launcher and Ninjhax github sites, and from the starter kit, I put "boot.3dsx" in root of my SD card, and since I already have a "3ds" folder on the root of my SD Card, I modified the name of that folder so it doesn't get registered by my 3DS (I think) and in its place, placed the "3ds" folder from the starter kit into the root of my SD Card. I then go the the menu of Cubic Ninja, and every time I go to the Create -> QR Code, my New 3DS's camera doesn't activate, instead, it goes to the Homebrew screen, and says "The homemenu ropbin is ready". After that, it returns to my 3DS menu, saying "An error has occured. Please save your data in any software currently in use, and then restart the system." I try going back to the "QR Code" option and the Cubic Ninja menu, and this keeps repeating, ad nauseam.

Can someone help me fix this problem so I can activate the Homebrew Launcher on my New 3DS, version 11.5.0-38U?

GizmoTheGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
I am having trouble trying to install the Homebrew Launcher on my New 3DS, and I use Ninjhax, because I think it is compatible for my New 3DS version 11.5.0-38U. I downloaded the stuff from the Homebrew Launcher and Ninjhax github sites, and from the starter kit, I put "boot.3dsx" in root of my SD card, and since I already have a "3ds" folder on the root of my SD Card, I modified the name of that folder so it doesn't get registered by my 3DS (I think) and in its place, placed the "3ds" folder from the starter kit into the root of my SD Card. I then go the the menu of Cubic Ninja, and every time I go to the Create -> QR Code, my New 3DS's camera doesn't activate, instead, it goes to the Homebrew screen, and says "The homemenu ropbin is ready". After that, it returns to my 3DS menu, saying "An error has occured. Please save your data in any software currently in use, and then restart the system." I try going back to the "QR Code" option and the Cubic Ninja menu, and this keeps repeating, ad nauseam.

Can someone help me fix this problem so I can activate the Homebrew Launcher on my New 3DS, version 11.5.0-38U?

1. do you have CFW already? in that case you should use Rosalina to launch HBL

2. if your 3DS is vanilla 11.5 you should be able to use Cubic ninja, instructions on how to CLEAR the savedata so you can retry scanning all the QR codes is on the ninjhax page https://smealum.github.io/ninjhax2/ it's the second answer on the FAQ if you scroll down.

> ninjhax won't run anymore ! I updated my console after installing ninjhax and I can't access the homebrew launcher anymore. What do I do ?
In this case, all you need to do is clear CUBIC NINJA's savegame and install the exploit again. To do so, enter CUBIC NINJA's main menu and hold L+R+X+Y; after a few seconds, a menu will show up asking whether you'd like to clear your savegame. Do it, grab the QR code for your new firmware version and you should be good to go!

spacecity

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@GizmoTheGreen

1. CFW? Sorry, I'm not an expert on this, can you tell me what that stands for? Also, I'm willing to use the Rosalina menu theme, but I just checked on the theme shop (under "Characters" specifically) and I can't find her.

2. Well, I don't think I've really used Cubic Ninja for anything other than as a way to install the HBL, but I tried the combination anyway (L+R+X+Y) and nothings happening. I go into "QR Code" again and I still get the "hax 2.9 alpha" page that says the same thing: "The homemenu ropbin is ready" and then I get that error message on my 3DS menu.

Could it be that I organized my SD Card incorrectly? For all I know, maybe...

fowler002

Trophies
XP
Country

NO NO NO NO......
You're not supposed to do that, you're supposed to copy the contents of the downloaded 3DS folder to the one your card.

spacecity

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NO NO NO NO......
You're not supposed to do that, you're supposed to copy the contents of the downloaded 3DS folder to the one your card.
Unfortunately, I put the contents of the downloaded 3ds folder into my SD Card's original 3ds folder. Maybe this is because I have a mac, but when I put them in the orignal 3ds folder, the contents from the downloaded folder were titled as "copy" after what they were a copy of, there was no overwriting. Should I delete or give the original files of my SD Card's 3ds folder new names of files that are already in the downloaded 3ds folder? What I mean by that is, should I overwrite the files on my original folder with those on the downloaded 3ds folder that share's the same file names?

fowler002

Trophies
XP
Country
Unfortunately, I put the contents of the downloaded 3ds folder into my SD Card's original 3ds folder. Maybe this is because I have a mac, but when I put them in the orignal 3ds folder, the contents from the downloaded folder were titled as "copy" after what they were a copy of, there was no overwriting. Should I delete or give the original files of my SD Card's 3ds folder new names of files that are already in the downloaded 3ds folder? What I mean by that is, should I overwrite the files on my original folder with those on the downloaded 3ds folder that share's the same file names?

I don't use a mac so no idea, but try deleting all the files that weren't originally on the sd card. Then try copying the files from inside the downloaded 3ds folder on to the 3ds folder on the card but make sure you don't copy any that are already on the card. If it still gives copy then I can't help you.

Last edited by fowler002,

GizmoTheGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
@GizmoTheGreen

1. CFW? Sorry, I'm not an expert on this, can you tell me what that stands for? Also, I'm willing to use the Rosalina menu theme, but I just checked on the theme shop (under "Characters" specifically) and I can't find her.

2. Well, I don't think I've really used Cubic Ninja for anything other than as a way to install the HBL, but I tried the combination anyway (L+R+X+Y) and nothings happening. I go into "QR Code" again and I still get the "hax 2.9 alpha" page that says the same thing: "The homemenu ropbin is ready" and then I get that error message on my 3DS menu.

Could it be that I organized my SD Card incorrectly? For all I know, maybe...

Custom FirmWare, do you have b9s or luma?

Read the instructions carefully, you need to press the button combination at the main menu, the very first screen in cubic ninja!

You are supposed to copy the "3ds" folder to the root of your SD card, if there already is one, let it merge.
Do not rename your "Nintendo 3DS" folder!

You also need Boot.3dsx on your sdcard root (outside of any folders)

That is all.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
@GizmoTheGreen No, my 3DS is vanilla, unmodded, no custom firmware.
Follow #2 in his reply:
1. do you have CFW already? in that case you should use Rosalina to launch HBL

2. if your 3DS is vanilla 11.5 you should be able to use Cubic ninja, instructions on how to CLEAR the savedata so you can retry scanning all the QR codes is on the ninjhax page https://smealum.github.io/ninjhax2/ it's the second answer on the FAQ if you scroll down.

spacecity

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'm stupid, all I had to do was wait a little bit longer in the main menu to erase everything! After I did that, well, to keep it short, it worked! I'm on the Homebrew Launcher right now! Thanks for all of your help! :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: ssssey ioBtneicnA@