Homebrew I'm getting a browser update nag and can't get passed it.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Well I have certain homebrew apps that haven't been updated yet and will probably break if I update it
I have heard that some apps through the HBL don't work, but if any don't work, just run things as a cia or find an alternative.

If you have Luma 7.0 or later, and if you don't then I suggest you get the latest stable Luma, you can always use the 11.2 payloads on 11.4. Just download the 11.2 payload from smea's site, rename it to NEW-11-4-0-37-XXX.bin (where XXX is either USA,EUR, or JPN), and put it in the homebrewlauncherloader folder on your sd card. That should fix any broken homebrew.

The only thing that will actually break is NTR video streaming. If that is important to you I suggest you make a ctrtransfer image of your current 11.3 firmware so that if you want to use that feature in the future you can then create an emunand and use decrypt9 to restore that 11.3 image to emunand.

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
you can always use the 11.2 payloads on 11.4. Just download the 11.2 payload from smea's site, rename it to NEW-11-4-0-37-XXX.bin (where XXX is either USA,EUR, or JPN), and put it in the homebrewlauncherloader folder on your sd card. That should fix any broken homebrew.
This does not fix any broken homebrew. There are people on 11.4 (both Old and New 3DS) who can access the HBL itself fine, but many (not all) homebrew apps do not run (I've heard the most common thing that occurs is that while loading it just stays on the green bottom screen).

Last edited by Xiphiidae,
Reactions: AyanamiRei

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
This does not fix any broken homebrew. There are people on 11.4 (both Old and New 3DS) who can access the HBL itself fine, but many (not all) homebrew apps do not run.

Are you sure they are using the 11.2 payloads? Because that should fix it since the homebrew is relying on the access granted by gspwn.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yeah agreed