Ikenie to Yuki no Setsuna (I am Setsuna.) Vita Localization Project

jAIIVXi.jpg

Ikenie to Yuki no Setsuna (I am Setsuna.) Localization Project / Project Endir

★Excerpt:
Ikenie to Yuki no Setsuna (I am Setsuna.) is a Japanese role-playing video game developed by Tokyo RPG Factory and published by Square Enix. It was released for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita in Japan in February 2016, and worldwide for PlayStation 4 and Microsoft Windows in July 2016.

The story, set in a land gripped by perpetual winter, follows a mercenary and his charge, a maiden named Setsuna who must offer herself as a sacrifice at a sacred shrine to appease hostile demons. The story's central theme is sadness. The gameplay, which is deliberately designed to evoke role-playing games of the 1990s, uses an Active Time Battle system based on those used in early Final Fantasy games and Chrono Trigger.

★About:
Hello, I'm Ignis00, you may know me for my past projects like; Phantom Kingdom Portable and Yuusha 30 Second, my primary goal is to bring everybody what SE had neglected to bring us, namely Ikenie to Yuki no Setsuna (I am Setsuna.) for the PlayStation Vita. I think it is of just our right to experience the game as much as the PC and PS4 do. I would like to take this project on my own, as a way to teach myself; as such, I appreciate anyone who's willing to help but I'd like to kindly take down your offer for the latter reason.

★Team:
Project Manager: Ignis00

ChepChep - For giving me material to learn at.
aluigi - For the QBMS script.
Ekey - For providing the AES key.
jmacd - For the xdelta-gpl tool.
Info-ZIP - For the UnZip tool.

★Progress Report:
--Localization
Parameter: 44 / 44
BraveStory: 11/ 11
Script: 4 / 4
Textures: 100/100

--Programming
Archive Unpacker: Done
Archive Packer: Done
Text Parser: Done
Text Reimporter: Done
Script Parser: Done
Script Reimporter: Done

★Downloads:
≫ READ THE "README.TXT" FILE TO AVOID CONFUSION! DO NOT HOST THE PATCH ANYWHERE WITHOUT MY EXPLICIT PERMISSION OR ELSE FUTURE REVISIONS WILL BE HALTED!
≫ Build 1.1 (December 17, 2016): Project_Endir_1.1.zip
≫≫ CRC32: 947536B4
≫≫ MD5: 8BE6A1D44F1B692EE65FDCAD807D8815
≫≫ SHA-1: 018EFBDBE969E46228863EF334CE9442C0B91239

≫ Build 1.0 (December 10, 2016): Project_Endir_1.0.zip
≫≫ CRC32: E5FE7CF3
≫≫ MD5: ED0F0E18967CE451F0D8125AB744183E
≫≫ SHA-1: A12609119529BFED4F6566B2AA6357922E8B1FD8

★Bugs/Glitches:
The game will crash on the Snow Chronicles interface due to the amount of English text encompassing even the original Japanese one on BraveStory, further investigation will be done, though, one theory is that the game can't handle it.
≫ During battle when you select a Tech, you'll notice that the description has been cut off.
≫ Text might run-off the screen at some instances.
≫ Tutorial descriptions will leave a single letter at the end for every line, this issue is might be due to how the game natively handles Japanese-characters as we're only "pushing" Latin-characters hence the latter problem.
≫ Save data title is truncated due to string-length limitations. And by that I mean, Assembly-level limitations.
Vessel name is untranslated; Bugfix 1.1 released along with workaround for 1.0 users.

★Untouched:
≫ Trophies - As soon as someone finds the priv_key for the RSA signature, I'll work on it.
≫ Manual - Will be working on it.

★Screenshots:

TITLE SCREEN
pUEMhcY.jpg

CAMP MENU
hOVIn1N.jpg

SNOW CHRONICLES
dVMhtqv.jpg

WORLD MAP
Lr7PUI8.jpg

DIALOG
BEFORE
K0q4vOE.jpg

AFTER
K0q4vOE.jpg

ohFZwRr.jpg

Last edited by Ignis00,

Ignis00

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you so much for this!

I do have a question though. Is there any way to patch this without a PC? Unfortunately I'm on a Mac and can't run the exe file.

None, as far as what I had done, it's only for Windows. Though it is possible, just use Bootcamp to install Windows.

Thought this might help someone i have found the patch wouldnt work in any of my drives but my main PCs C drive tried it on both of my USB back up drives which is where i keep all "questionable" files instead of on my PCs or Laptops HD and it simply wouldnt patch until i moved it to C drive & had to turn off all virus protection even after adding exclusions. So maybe this will help someone or a few of the ppl above having issues. It workd perfect for me on C drive so thank you so much Ignis00 you are a giant among men lol. Now all we need is a translation for star ocean 2nd for ps vita lol. Thanks again for all your effort in all seriousness been waiting a long time for this. THANK YOU.

It's good to hear that you've managed to make it work. Though it's quite peculiar that moving it to "C:" was the only method that worked for you; I tried it on multiple drives and OS's (Windows 7-10) and it works.

As someone who had been waiting on this for quite a while, I had to spread the word. I hope you don't mind I used the instructions from the readme. I link directly to this thread in the download section :P

Thanks for all the hard work @Ignis00

I don't mind in fact I'm quite glad, and thank you for featuring the project in the blog.

I tried everything and it's still in Japanese.

Do describe what you had done and what OS are you in. Though I speculate that your username has spaces in it and that you should place the archive folder in "C:\"

--

UPDATE:
- Updated the first post with hashes.

Last edited by Ignis00,

Murmandamus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes i found it odd to. I didnt want to be a complainer bitching about how i cant get it to work & asking you how etc lol. So i just kept trying diff things and when i checked back on here you had the post where everything you listed was in C drive so i tried that on PC running windows 7 fully updated and on windows 10 for Laptop with most recent updates installed. It was the same for both and would not work unless in my C drive. Every other place i tried the command window opened & complete in less than 1 second and was still JPN which i installed 3 times before trying C. The first indication it wasnt right tho was the PCSE00756 didnt have the extra _ and when it worked it did. Also I hope you did not think I was complaining by any stretch just thought some of the other players might read my situation and find another way to make it work, so you would have less "help me's" to try and answer. Thanks so much for the work & hope this helps some.

Last edited by Murmandamus,

dabu-sapper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I just installed my Maidump and the game is crashing when i try to start a new game... should i change the loading mode via Maidumptool?

Patodox

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
-Sended with QCMA to my Vita 1000 (MP4 format)
-Extracted to /ux0:/mai with vitashell 1.43
-Installed with MaiDump

Works flawlessly.
Thanks for your hard work @Ignis00 !!

adrastious

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Just wanted to say thank you Ignis, now playing on my Vita finally!
Btw guys do you get sometimes some "lag" in the battles? I kind of being getting it more when I use techs

Ignis00

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Your dialogue before and after pictures are the same. They're both http://i.imgur.com/K0q4vOE.jpg.
They do, it's to showcase that the entire dialog is now readable and that the third line now has its own frame. That's why there are two images in the "after" section whiles the "before" only has one. If you read the entire thread, you'll understand what I'm saying.

Last edited by Ignis00,
Reactions: Deleted User

m37r01d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
been gone for a few but glad to see this is coming along nicely gonna deff be jumping into it soon,
thanks for all your hard work, simply amazing

superx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
ignis i am here to ask for your permission,can we(vitapiracy.com) host translation integrated game on the site:D:)

Ignis00

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ignis i am here to ask for your permission,can we(vitapiracy.com) host translation integrated game on the site:D:)

You can host the game wherever you want, I won't mind. My statement specifically states the "PATCH" aka the "BINARIES" aka the "ZIP-FILE-THAT-I'VE-PROVIDED" itself should not be hosted anywhere else without my permission. Pre-patched files should be out of that scope, thus you may.

superx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
thank you
You can host the game wherever you want, I won't mind. My statement specifically states the "PATCH" aka the "BINARIES" aka the "ZIP-FILE-THAT-I'VE-PROVIDED" itself should not be hosted anywhere else without my permission. Pre-patched files should be out of that scope, thus you may.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended