Ikenie to Yuki no Setsuna (I am Setsuna.) Vita Localization Project

jAIIVXi.jpg

Ikenie to Yuki no Setsuna (I am Setsuna.) Localization Project / Project Endir

★Excerpt:
Ikenie to Yuki no Setsuna (I am Setsuna.) is a Japanese role-playing video game developed by Tokyo RPG Factory and published by Square Enix. It was released for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita in Japan in February 2016, and worldwide for PlayStation 4 and Microsoft Windows in July 2016.

The story, set in a land gripped by perpetual winter, follows a mercenary and his charge, a maiden named Setsuna who must offer herself as a sacrifice at a sacred shrine to appease hostile demons. The story's central theme is sadness. The gameplay, which is deliberately designed to evoke role-playing games of the 1990s, uses an Active Time Battle system based on those used in early Final Fantasy games and Chrono Trigger.

★About:
Hello, I'm Ignis00, you may know me for my past projects like; Phantom Kingdom Portable and Yuusha 30 Second, my primary goal is to bring everybody what SE had neglected to bring us, namely Ikenie to Yuki no Setsuna (I am Setsuna.) for the PlayStation Vita. I think it is of just our right to experience the game as much as the PC and PS4 do. I would like to take this project on my own, as a way to teach myself; as such, I appreciate anyone who's willing to help but I'd like to kindly take down your offer for the latter reason.

★Team:
Project Manager: Ignis00

ChepChep - For giving me material to learn at.
aluigi - For the QBMS script.
Ekey - For providing the AES key.
jmacd - For the xdelta-gpl tool.
Info-ZIP - For the UnZip tool.

★Progress Report:
--Localization
Parameter: 44 / 44
BraveStory: 11/ 11
Script: 4 / 4
Textures: 100/100

--Programming
Archive Unpacker: Done
Archive Packer: Done
Text Parser: Done
Text Reimporter: Done
Script Parser: Done
Script Reimporter: Done

★Downloads:
≫ READ THE "README.TXT" FILE TO AVOID CONFUSION! DO NOT HOST THE PATCH ANYWHERE WITHOUT MY EXPLICIT PERMISSION OR ELSE FUTURE REVISIONS WILL BE HALTED!
≫ Build 1.1 (December 17, 2016): Project_Endir_1.1.zip
≫≫ CRC32: 947536B4
≫≫ MD5: 8BE6A1D44F1B692EE65FDCAD807D8815
≫≫ SHA-1: 018EFBDBE969E46228863EF334CE9442C0B91239

≫ Build 1.0 (December 10, 2016): Project_Endir_1.0.zip
≫≫ CRC32: E5FE7CF3
≫≫ MD5: ED0F0E18967CE451F0D8125AB744183E
≫≫ SHA-1: A12609119529BFED4F6566B2AA6357922E8B1FD8

★Bugs/Glitches:
The game will crash on the Snow Chronicles interface due to the amount of English text encompassing even the original Japanese one on BraveStory, further investigation will be done, though, one theory is that the game can't handle it.
≫ During battle when you select a Tech, you'll notice that the description has been cut off.
≫ Text might run-off the screen at some instances.
≫ Tutorial descriptions will leave a single letter at the end for every line, this issue is might be due to how the game natively handles Japanese-characters as we're only "pushing" Latin-characters hence the latter problem.
≫ Save data title is truncated due to string-length limitations. And by that I mean, Assembly-level limitations.
Vessel name is untranslated; Bugfix 1.1 released along with workaround for 1.0 users.

★Untouched:
≫ Trophies - As soon as someone finds the priv_key for the RSA signature, I'll work on it.
≫ Manual - Will be working on it.

★Screenshots:

TITLE SCREEN
pUEMhcY.jpg

CAMP MENU
hOVIn1N.jpg

SNOW CHRONICLES
dVMhtqv.jpg

WORLD MAP
Lr7PUI8.jpg

DIALOG
BEFORE
K0q4vOE.jpg

AFTER
K0q4vOE.jpg

ohFZwRr.jpg

Last edited by Ignis00,

Patodox

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hype to the maximum!
Also, don't bother minding the ranting people, work quietly and at your times.

bennnzx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
UPDATE:
- Tentative, I repeat, "TENTATIVE!," release date: December 1-10, 2016; Just in time for Christmas!
- I am nearing the end of flooring every bugs and glitches that my modifications had caused.

NOTE:
- To those who berate me for dragging this project on too long. You are welcome to open another thread and work on it, I'm not going to stop you, really. Please do measure your competence within the subject if you can or can't do it, before ranting your soul out. Thank you.
- The game will be totally clean of all Japanese texts except for the trophies for nobody in this planet has the priv_key for the RSA signature to be generated. I can't bruteforce the primes for I don't have a suitable rig for the job.
- I am also working on three other projects, and one will be revealed soon once I'm finished with this.

Extremely excited for this. What's important is that the bugs are flushed out (at least, those that you are aware of), rather than releasing an incomplete translation that's riddled with it. Ignore those that are berating you, you're doing a great deed for many of us!

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
I think this thread is pretty peaceful and tame. Dont know people are pessuring you for a faster release, id say a month or two of doing a full porting a translation is pretty damn fast and amazing.

xomegax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Dont bother those who berated you, for me its good enough that someone is willing to do the translation itself. Looking forward to the Christmas present! :D

westwood

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I really hope that one of your other Projects is Dragon Quest Heroes 2 :D An Menu + Item/Weapon Translation would be more than enough :D

Anyway great work with this one, cant wait to play Setsuna :)

Stevo_l33

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's going to be great! I played it a little in Japanese and it plays fantastic to me. Something about RPG's and winter to me are a perfect fit. I think final fantasy 3 on SNES was my first great memory.

adrastious

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It's going to be great! I played it a little in Japanese and it plays fantastic to me. Something about RPG's and winter to me are a perfect fit. I think final fantasy 3 on SNES was my first great memory.

I totally agree, I played some old school SNES Final Fantasy on winter a lot of years ago, it's perfect timing!

Reactions: Stevo_l33

ReigningSemtex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Man thank you I really wanted to play this game and vita was the only way I wanted to play it, mostly just because I prefer handheld systems for RPG's
Awesome work!

kftX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Glad to see this is finally coming! Awesome work and good job in persevering to the end :P

WrestlinFan

Currently jobbing to Kevin Nash
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keep up the good work. It takes a lot of patience and persistence to complete a project like this by yourself.

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not all that interested in this game, but good work. It's really cool to know somebody is working on a text replacement translation.

adrastious

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
First of all and as many of us have said: Thank you @Ignis!
We all know (or most of all) how hard it is to balance your daily tasks with a side project(or more).

*recharges vita and dusts it off* I'm ready to play on the 10th non-stop!

Cheers from Mexico!!

Reactions: Stevo_l33

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM