IGN's Editor-In-Chief Fired Over ‘Alleged Misconduct’

mtifuy2fwgtoagvwxmll.png

Steve Butts, longtime editor-in-chief at the gaming website IGN, has been let go over “alleged misconduct.”

“IGN initiated an investigation into alleged misconduct involving Steve Butts. As a result of the investigation, the Company has appropriately determined to part ways with Mr. Butts,” said IGN general manager Mitch Galbraith.

Note that it isn't the first time a case of harassment has been reported at the company. Back in November, former IGN employee Kallie Plagge accused her former co-worker Vince Ingenito of sexually harassing her and another woman. “The harassment (and horribly mishandled HR investigation) was a major factor in leaving IGN,” she wrote. “I have carried the disgust, fear, and disrespect with me since.”

IGN co-founder and chief content officer Peer Schneider will take over as editor-in-chief on an interim basis for “however long it takes”, he tells Polygon.

:arrow: SOURCE

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
women advocate hard for equality except when it would effect them adversely....equal punishments for the same crimes.....nah, women aren't equal when they do bad stuff and should be given a free pass

then again the definition of sexual harassent is becoming so ridiculously larfe that your pretty much condemning all men to live in Antarctica for even noticing a woman
I completely agree. Feminists Only want equal rights if it benefits them

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My "Goddammit" reaction over a new "misconduct" story was used up today for Dan Harmon, so this gets no emotion from me.
You're talking about a guy with Asperger's, who openly talks about how he used to masturbate to a manikin leg and uses it as a running gag in all of his shows. Are you REALLY surprised he turned out to be a creep?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're talking about a guy with Asperger's, who openly talks about how he used to masturbate to a manikin leg and uses it as a running gag in all of his shows. Are you REALLY surprised he turned out to be a creep?

What does Asperger's have to do with it? Whether he has it or not shouldn't be used as an excuse.

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What does Asperger's have to do with it? Whether he has it or not shouldn't be used as an excuse.
I knew someone was gonna say this... ofc its you. There is nothing wrong with Asperger's and to be completely honest, I suspect myself of having it, but have never sought diagnosis. ...but can you really say a mental condition that can make it hard to understand what is socially acceptable has NOTHING to do with his actions? C'mon now...

I'm also not saying its an excuse for him, stop putting words in my mouth. My point is that these actions from him don't surprise me because of both his condition and his past actions. I never said anyone deserves a free pass for this sort of behavior, mental condition or not.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I don't know that kind of info and I was looking at it more like "Goddammit, another one," and how it could compromise Rick & Morty, being a fan of that show.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
We don't know details about this story. We don't even know what the misconduct is.
It doesn't even say whether is sexual or just general misconduct. Like being verbally abusive.
There are some people that claim they left IGN because of the verbally abusive environment.
And for all we know he could be a victim of false allegations.
So until we know more details about this story, we don't really know what he was fired for.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.