lostdwarf

OP
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
which is better - Blue or black 3DS?

ie which felt better texture wise (if their is a difference)
Did you feel more comfortable playing the black or blue 3DS?
Which distracted you from the 3D more? Shiny black or blue?
Did the blue or black look/feel cheap?
The light blue colour on the bottom layer looks very toy like. Will i regret getting tacky blue instead of more grown up looking black one?
Overall, is it well made and does the top screen shut flush with the system when closed? Looks like it floats above and not close properly.

lostdwarf

OP
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
Ramonra said:
Misleading title. This is about the colors.

Great comment.

Not misleading, i genuinly want to know what people who have tried 3DS to tell me how well made they are. This is not a 'are you getting blue or black' thread.
I am clearly asking which is better quality.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
The blue test model I've been messing about with for a few hours doesn't suffer from scratches all that easily and it doesn't show fingerprints all that clearly either. It's by no means indestructible but it's certainly resilient. I have no basis for comparison though, the store only has one test model for now.

Arnold Schwarzen

Trophies
Website
gov.ca.gov
XP
Country
United States
Well it def looks tougher than the DS Lite, that's a given. What a shite hinge design that one had despite the fact that I've never experienced the cracking hinge problem.

RNorthex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
- A fekete szín egyébként egyfajta mozis élményt ad, Segít kizárni a külvilágot, és könnyebben "magába szívja" a játékosokat az élmény.
source nintendo.hu

which translates in short to:
the black color gives a cinematic feeling/helps getting into the game and "locking out" the environment

pachura

Trophies
XP
Country
From http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php...&page=7#325 :

otmane said:
I got to try the 3DS in Paris last week, here is a summary of my impressions:

Pros:
- 3D works very well( comparable to 3d with glasses)
- 1h30 and no pain or headache
- form factor is cool and the console is light
- the stick is very good
- kid Icarus is very promising
- AR games is really cool (in 2D)

Cons
- aqua blue is UGLY (I liked it from the pictures before seeing it for real)
- Seemed like mid life PSP graphics for most games, I was really expecting a lot more in this area, Even The Resident evils didn't impress me much
- awful aliasing in 3d
- if you move just slightly the 3d don't work... For AR games or Zelda or steel diver you have to move your head at the same angle as the console to not break the 3d...
- you have to face the console and be at the exact distance, you have approximately 5 cm and 10 deg of possible movement without breaking the 3d effect

I got to try the following games:
- Kid Icarus : Very fun, graphics are good eventhough not as impressive as I expected, it was easy to grasp the gameplay and the 3D effect is stunning
- Zelda : looks much cleaner, the 3D effect didn't impress me much
- Super Street Fighter 4 3D : pretty impressive visually, the 3D is a nice addition, the D-pad is too low for the comfort of play but the stick works well enough for me (I'm very casual with fighters)
- Dead or Alive Dimensions: The game is as fun as ever, and the 3D works well
- Pilotwings resort: I was expecting much more stunning 3D, and the demo bore me...
- Steel Diver: I couldn't get into it because the 3D breaks when you move the console
- PES 2011 3D: What you would expect from it...
- AR Games: I tested one game with the monster that comes out from the card, it was really well implemented and works well as long as you are in 2D, even the nintendo hostess advised me to deactivate the 3D for this game.
- Resident Evil mercenaries : The controls seemed even more rigid than usual, I may have needed more time to get used to it.

I was expecting a lot more from this console, I'm still keeping my preorder but I'm not sure if I'll even buy a 3DS game at launch

jpxdude

Trophies
Website
www.geekpower.co.uk
XP
Country
I managed to play on both systems at the event, but spent more time playing the cosmic black model for Nintendo Marketing. Personally I found the Black model look more suited to the whole design, it has a misty dark granite kind of look on the outside. Both models feel the same, and have the same texture and sheen on the outside of the console. I think after seeming it myself I would prefer black, but the aqua was good looking too.

lostdwarf

OP
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
jpxdude said:
I managed to play on both systems at the event, but spent more time playing the cosmic black model for Nintendo Marketing. Personally I found the Black model look more suited to the whole design, it has a misty dark granite kind of look on the outside. Both models feel the same, and have the same texture and sheen on the outside of the console. I think after seeming it myself I would prefer black, but the aqua was good looking too.

I have pre-ordered the black but the blue one looks enticing.
Might try persuade my better half to get a blue one if it turns out to be as good as I hope.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1