If you could only play stuff released for 1 console, which console would you choose?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
PS4, because why not
Has the PS4 truly been something special for you rather than just the gaming equivalent of masturbation -- fun but ultimately forgettable? I would have also said not something to share with your friends but the general dearth of splitscreen has kind of rendered that redundant.

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
PS2 has Final Fantasy X, X-2, XII. Dragon Quest VIII, Rogue Galaxy, Dark Cloud, Dark Cloud II, Persona 3, Persona 4. Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean Till The End Of Time, Suikoden III, IV, V, Breath of fire Dragon Quarter, Wild arms 3,4,5, Xenosaga, Tales of the abyss, Tales of Legendia, Atelier games, Arc The Lad Twilight of the spirits
Now here is one game I've been thinking a lot back to lately. I've concluded that it must've been one of the most deceptive games I ever played. It has gorgeous graphics that really got me interested when I played the demo years back but didn't pick up the game until years had passed. It had its good sides and all, but I think there was something about the story that spoiled its potential. Never played the ps1 games, but I imagine they might be awesome. I give it credit for its transition to full 3D. Man that demo really made it seem like an amazing game back then...

jDSX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would I get friends to play multiplayer games with? Cause I can play play Smash all day probably. If not...hmm...

I am leaning toward a Wii U. HD ports of WW/TP, BotW, Smash, Mario Maker, 3D World, Xenoblade Chronicles and probably lots more I'm missing.

Then again PS2 and 3DS probably have larger overall libraries I suspect...hmm. Do I go there with the knowledge of the games I've already beaten? Because I've barely played any Wii U games, so they'd be fresher whereas I beat a lot of ps2 and 3ds titles so they're not as exciting to replay.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I probably just wouldn't bother with any console at all, to be honest. There's no one system that has enough games to interest me for a significant amount of time *today*, let alone for the rest of eternity. So whichever system I chose I'd probably end up spending way too much times playing the same 3 or 4 games over and over again and not really even enjoying them. Better, in that case, to not bring a system at all and force myself to spend my time more constructivly.

Hopefully there'll be lots of interesting places to explore on this new planet, anyway.

Reactions: Abcdfv
D

Deleted User

If I had to settle on just one system to play on, I'd have to say the PC. Even without taking into account emulation, the Steam backlog on there is so enormous, and that's not counting the hundreds of decent fan-games out there. Plus, there's always the added benefit of being able to make your own games with practically no barrier to entry, adding to ever-increasing number of PC Games out there.

Todderbert

Korg Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would choose a DS system. So many titles, and of course Korg DS-10, Korg M01, Dark Spire, Infinite Space, Solatorobo, DQ series, Pokemon Series, two great Mario and Luigi games, Big Bang Mini, Curling DS and the list goes on and on. Yes I said Curling DS.B-)

1kund2Y.jpg

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Think I gotta go with Gamecube or N64. Whichever one has more collectathons. Could I go with N64 but use a Hori gamecube style controller, or first party controllers only?

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the PS4 was backwards compatable, I would say it. I could play SotC, ICO, Bioshock, and all the souls games. Although I would miss the Bungie halo games.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Easy. The SNES (as I like to call it, Sness :P).

SNES has by far the best catalogue of games available for it and it'd take me years if not a lifetime to actually play them all. I grew up with SEGA's Mega Drive but SNES is clearly superior.

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If the PS4 was backwards compatable, I would say it. I could play SotC, ICO, Bioshock, and all the souls games. Although I would miss the Bungie halo games.
Didn't Bioshock get a Remaster for the PS4? And SotC is getting one. I would imagine a Souls compilation in the future, however maybe for PS5.

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't Bioshock get a Remaster for the PS4? And SotC is getting one. I would imagine a Souls compilation in the future, however maybe for PS5.
Let's not forget about ICO now. But a souls compilation for PS5 would be awesome but also terrible because I would have to pay Sony to go online. Bunch o thieves. :nayps3:

Grmmish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Switch.
Why? Because I'd be able to play all of the unreleased Switch games :P
I'd rather have a lot of new games I haven't played before than be stuck with the same old games.
Even though I love the SNES, PSX, GC, DS, Wii and think they all had a lot of good games that I wouldn't mind going back and replaying.
Edit: Also, forgot to mention BotW, it would take me a few months just to collect everything in that game. In fact if I had to pick only one game to play for the rest of my life I might pick BotW.

Well no one said "Pretend you have played the game before"... Just pretend you know everything about each and every game on every system to make your decision and, probably, that you'd never played them. XD

And I'm not even going to answer this question. :( all I know is my answer would NOT be Switch or Wii U. Has the worst lineup of games. XD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: If you want a good system to port it to, at least have a good programmer and knowledge. +1