Gaming If i flash the xbox, would i void the warranty????

DbGt

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
I just got an xbox 360, but im so afraid of flashing it and i think it is too complicated, i want to play games online.... so do you recommend me to flash my 360??? will i still have the warranty if i open my 360?? i bought a 2 year warranty at best buy for 60 dollars.... so i want to conserve it, and whats with all of this stealth backups, i heard you can only use stealth backups if one makes the backup from the original game disc, because ixtreme only works with super stealth backups 1:1...... so can i download stealth games...? and what are the "other features" the other firmwares have?? sorry, but im a complete noob with the xbox scene, i have less than 24 hours with my xbox ^^

thnx

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you want to play online (And not get banned) and want to keep your warranty then do not open and flash your Xbox360.

As soon as you open your 360 your Warranty is void.

With iXtreme you can go online at the moment but there is no guarantee that you won't be banned from LIVE in the future.

Stealth backups are backup games that have all the security features present in the image that are in the original game, this makes it harder for Microsoft to detect you are playing a backup game. Most scene releases at the moment are fully stealthed for use on iXtreme, older scene dumps may not work unless patched (Patching could be risky).

DbGt

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
okk thnx, i am very tented to flash my 360, but im afraid in the near future it will come the inevitable 3 red lights, and then i will not have any warranty.... how do u guys do it??? how do u have flashed 360s and still make microsoft repairs your xbox the moment it breaks???

i have been searching a lot and i see this is a big problem with the broken 360s and i see people always send them to microsoft for repair, so how do u people do it???

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Personally my flashed 360 (banned) got the 3 red lights after just over a year. I haven't sent it to Microsoft to be repaired instead I have sent it to a local console repairer. (I have a new console that I use on LIVE with only originals)

Others just don't care and send their 360's back to Microsoft anyway even if they have voided their warranty, they just end up having to pay the service fee. But I've only ever read about people sending their modded 360's, I haven't read any stories about people getting them back.

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
do not try to flash it

my friend did it and of course he recieved the ring of death thingy

Flashing a 360 =/= red rings of death.

I fail to see how flashing a 360's DVD drive with a new firmware will increase your chance of console failure...

You have already stated yourself in another thread that you're on your 3rd 360 and I gather by your above comment that you haven't flashed any of them.

jimmy j

Awesome for hire.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
do not try to flash it

my friend did it and of course he recieved the ring of death thingy

Flashing a 360 =/= red rings of death.

I fail to see how flashing a 360's DVD drive with a new firmware will increase your chance of console failure...

You have already stated yourself in another thread that you're on your 3rd 360 and I gather by your above comment that you haven't flashed any of them.

columboqc1.jpg

Gotcha!
laugh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: I don't have prime, I order once I am orderign $35 worth of stuff