Identifying Flashcard

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Revolution12, Dec 26, 2012.

Dec 26, 2012
    • Newcomer

Revolution12 New Member

Message Count:
    Germany
    Hey all, I've been reading some threads on these forums already but nothing really helped me so I though I'd register and start my own. I'm in dire need of help here - I've tried almost everything to get Pokemon Conquest to run on my cartridge, and haven't succeeded.

Before you redirect me to this thread (http://gbatemp.net/threads/official-pokemon-conquest-discussion-thread.328986/) read me out.

I've tried everything. All patches, redownloading many times, still nothing. I tried updating my kernel... but that's where it gets tricky. My cartridge is not official and I haven't found anything talking about it. The box looks like this and the cartridge like this. Basically says r4i and in the star it says wi-fi. The website on the box is dead (the site works, the updates don't). I figured it's a variation of a r4i SDHC but I can't figure out which one. Can anyone help me out here? Thanks a lot!

Fishaman P Speedrunner

Message Count:
    United States
    If the patches don't work, and you've verified your ROM, something is VERY wrong.
    No ROM should load at all under those conditions.

The only thing I'd suggest is the AAP AR code.

jimmyemunoz New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Try RetroGameFans kernel hosted here on gbatemp, using the r4 clones setup.
    • Newcomer

Revolution12 New Member

Message Count:
    Germany
    Fishaman: That's exactly what brought me here. It can't be that terrible and yet nothing seems to work. I get errcode=-4 all the time.

jimmy: I'll try that, let's see what comes out of it. I think I already downloaded it but god only knows what I used. Thanks!
    • Newcomer

Revolution12 New Member

Message Count:
    Germany
    Also, maybe something I should add, given that it might be important. The cart doesn't auto-boot. It takes me to the normal DS screen, the game appears to be "Chessmaster" and then it boots. Does that make a difference?
    • Newcomer

Revolution12 New Member

Message Count:
    Germany
    WOOT it booted! It worked!

Here's the information in case anyone finds this through Google or whatever (card is R4dsll)

1 - downloaded RetroGameFan's Update Kernels
    2 - Copied the stuff inside r4 clones
    3 - Booted my cart
    4 - Booted YSMenu.nds
    5 - ran game

Problem solved! Thanks everyone!!!!