Hardware Ideas for Wii U controller uses

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I kinda wish that N made it with a capacitive touchscreen instead of a resistive one so then there could be multi touch input, although it is not nearly as accurate.
Resistive touchscreens can have multitouch but the software usually picks the point where you're pressing the hardest and disregards the other points where it detects pressure. The DS has multitouch capability but not many games take advantage of it.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I kinda wish that N made it with a capacitive touchscreen instead of a resistive one so then there could be multi touch input, although it is not nearly as accurate.
There capacitive screens with pinpoint accuracy and stylus support. But they're expensive. You can look top WACOM and the Galaxy Note for examples.

Nintynut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry to shamelessly plug my blog but a while back i had an idea for the controller and i made a mock up too. have a read tell me what you guys think.

http://www.ign.com/b...-music-feature/
So the 3DS app split on the controller and the TV?

Err, very original.

Well i had to use images of the 3ds app as theres no images on the net of a wii u music app... Anyway the 3ds doesnt stream music from a harddrive, Nor is it used as a wireless speaker, So i struggle to see where your going with that.

D

Deleted_171835

Sorry to shamelessly plug my blog but a while back i had an idea for the controller and i made a mock up too. have a read tell me what you guys think.

Err, very original.

Well i had to use images of the 3ds app as theres no images on the net of a wii u music app... Anyway the 3ds doesnt stream music from a harddrive, Nor is it used as a wireless speaker, So i struggle to see where your going with that.
So a music player would work fine?

Without any need to be within range of the console.

Nintynut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Err, very original.

So a music player would work fine?

Without any need to be within range of the console.

Well yeah. if you fancy dragging the music player into the bathroom while you have a bath. then sure why not.

Nintynut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well yeah. if you fancy dragging the music player into the bathroom while you have a bath. then sure why not.
Because a tablet is much better?

Well im sorry but wasnt this thread created to share ideas for possible uses for the controller? Im not going to argue whether my idea is original or not, Im just going to point out that you have brought absolutely nothing to this thread.

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't look at my Wii U tablet and the television at the same time. The battles would be impossible.
You couldn't look at both DS screens either. You just switched between them very quickly.

I'm not that coordinated and my neck is stiff. Plus, the two DS screens are in the same space all the time. The Wii U tablet and the television do not have that guarantee.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't look at my Wii U tablet and the television at the same time. The battles would be impossible.
You couldn't look at both DS screens either. You just switched between them very quickly.

I'm not that coordinated and my neck is stiff. Plus, the two DS screens are in the same space all the time. The Wii U tablet and the television do not have that guarantee.
I didn't think it would be that hard,but for the best case scenario, it would probably come with a stand to keep it in place for people who can't do it on they're own.

I wounder if some company will make a mouse to connect to the control for pc fans? :unsure:

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I just hope the controller itself is rechargeable, and doesn't require any AA batteries...
It's rechargeable. That was already confirmed.

I'm not too well caught up on the news regarding the Wii U. Regardless, thank you.
Hehe, a controller using a backlit LCD panel with force feedback, motion controls and extremely advanced wireless capabilities would have difficulty running off 1.5 volts.

The Masked Man

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just hope the controller itself is rechargeable, and doesn't require any AA batteries...
It's rechargeable. That was already confirmed.

I'm not too well caught up on the news regarding the Wii U. Regardless, thank you.
Hehe, a controller using a backlit LCD panel with force feedback, motion controls and extremely advanced wireless capabilities would have difficulty running off 1.5 volts.
Just goes to show how tech saavy I am. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Push it :creep: