[IDEA] Mega man Style weapons in FPS games?

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NOTE: THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION ABOUT MEGA MAN DEATH MATCH FAN GAME.

So to someone this may sound like a dumb idea, but is just a idea. Anyway, I was thinking if most modern FPS games seem to be a very popular type of game to many players. (Not including me) I was messing around with ideas in my head how to make the game a bit more interesting.

So the idea is mega man series is known for have some very cool and outrageous weapons in a video game. Perhaps while some are useless (TOP SPIN FROM MM3) Some are actually to good. (Storm tornado) So i wonder what some other people would think about a fps games that uses weapons that is in mega man games. Don't worry about it being unfair or unbalanced for FPS game, is just a opinion topic, to gauge the interest of it. (Limit only to Mega man 1-10 and X 1-8 Games)

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It's certainly an idea that holds potential, but the switch from a platforming 2D environment to a full FPS environment isn't to be underestimated.

The genious of mega man is (IMHO) that the weapons you gather can really make near-impossible bosses beatable.

So what you basically want is a hub world where you can choose from the start which level to tackle, and 'steal' the boss's weapon, which you can then use on other bosses (and other levels). The trick is to design the weapons, the levels and the bosses so that it's intuitively grasped that they make the fight easier. And for that, you need more variety than most FPS'es handle (I'd go as far as to say that megaman's dozen-or-so weapons differ much more than the million weapons that borderlands have). I admit I've got no idea how the idea would look like (which means it could fail enormously), but it just might be interesting. :)

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FPS with megaman style weapons, so... Metroid Prime series?
Yeah as if samus got any weapons that rival mega man, i bet she don't have tech that even rival iron man, besides her morph ball and mobility. :creep:

It's certainly an idea that holds potential, but the switch from a platforming 2D environment to a full FPS environment isn't to be underestimated.
Is true the enviroment in FPS games are always important but is just a basic idea. I mean we know in mega man games, your weapons usually ignore the solid floors and stuff.

But yeah, i mean like if you had to think about it, those crazy weapons in mega man but in a fps games. Storm tornado to shoot giant tornados at people, Homing missles, Boomerang cutter that could maybe steal ammo or weapons/accessories. Chameleon sting to turn invisible, and some others. Then add like Sliding, dashing, air dashing and wall jumping and some of the mega man mobility. Heck even have a mega buster that have unlimited ammo but doesn't do as much damage as other weapons or zero saber. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: 80% is nintendrones