Homebrew [Idea] LED Control

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
What if there was a "flashlight" CIA where you could control the LED colors(Orange, Blue, and Blinking Red?). That'd be sweet.
I think that's controlled by hardware, since it's only used for battery status. Unless you were talking about the notification LED, which can display green as well. It could probably be controlled to display any color.

Jwiz33

Banned
Trophies
in the illuminati headquar—I have said too much!
Website
iwillcleanyourbasement.webstarts.com
XP
Country
United States
I think that's controlled by hardware, since it's only used for battery status. Unless you were talking about the notification LED, which can display green as well. It could probably be controlled to display any color.
Yeah, that.
If we could get it to display any color, that'd be so cliche. :P
Controlling the LEDs would require ARM9 code as far as I know, since they're hooked up to i2c.

https://github.com/archshift/i2c
We have arm9 access <9.2

Last edited by Jwiz33,
Reactions: SomeGamer

olshrimpeyes

Your question is bad and you should feel bad
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Controlling the LEDs would require ARM9 code as far as I know, since they're hooked up to i2c.

https://github.com/archshift/i2c
Those are the hardware LEDs and pretty different than the Notification LED, which is controlled by the home menu.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I doubt it. Since Ninjhax 2.5 can control it.
We don't actually know that it can... It is simply is logging the service that does control it. Whether or not we can use it to do anything like that is unknown.

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those are the hardware LEDs and pretty different than the Notification LED, which is controlled by the home menu.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

We don't actually know that it can... It is simply is logging the service that does control it. Whether or not we can use it to do anything like that is unknown.

Huh I didn't know there was such a thing as virtual LEDs... Learn something new every day :3

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I changed the LED's to different colors and put a US mobo in a SSBB N3DS XL, but you want to control the LED's and the color of the notification LED.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

I was replying more to Jwiz; I probably should have quoted him, but yes, you're right.

On a slightly off-topic note, ConfigureNew3DSCPU looks pretty interesting. Could probably use that to clock up or down dynamically in homebrew applications on 9.2 and below (clock it down in menus, and during heavy 3D or something, crank it up for more performance).

Last edited by daxtsu,
Reactions: Jwiz33

sweis12

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Userland bricking? Not likely.

Yellows8 would have been using kernel access. I don't think we could brick with userland access.

But, prove me wrong if you like! ;)
The abuse that could come with that.... omg. HENTAI VIEWER ALL OVER AGAIN!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm telling on you