• Start date
  • Views 1,280
  • Replies 9
  • Likes 3
D

Deleted User

OP
Hi

My house was stolen (burgled? google trad) today while I was at work... I have no more ps4 nor psvita. They don't have stollen anything else (not even the cable of the devices...).
So someone got a fully hacked psvita with all good things in it. Good for the thief, bad for me.

This make me wish to have a homebrew to completely fuck up a vita remotely, or took some picture, send mails, reboot it. More or less like the android device manager that let you track your stollen device.
I don't really know what's is possible, appart that it would be some kind of kernel plugin.

Now, how to secure well enougth this to not have people randomly reset other's psvita...

This is more or less a trash message. Not a request (I could do some programming myself).

Put your idea here, or let it die :)
That will be the perfect programming exercice when I will buy a new vita... <= 3.60

See you, happy gaming.

DinckelMan

Your Favorite Water Mage!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'll need private keys from Sony to do this, and even then it's not as simple. Otherwise people would just ban everyone else's Vitas

D

Deleted User

OP
Why a private key ?
A ps vita with enso installed can run a kernel plugin that check using internet and some custom API (according the internet access is available for plugin)
I don't know if plugins can access internet but if they can it's definetly doable by polling internet time to time (sound crap to me anyway) to see if the user want to to something.

The problem is how to secure the user data well enouth, where to store the database, how to poll correctly internet, establish a more reactive link between the vita and the user when they want to connect.

Damn I don't know when I'll go buy another one but I hope to find something hackable.

@SKGleba: Sounds good :)

Reactions: Ryccardo

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
nice, I remember all the moaning when 3dsafe was created (which did the same thing for the 3ds), I personally love the idea of thieves not being able to enjoy the fruits of their "labour" and its even more satisfying when its not bypassable, although 4 digits is brute forcible for the really persistent, is it limited to strictly 4 numbers or is it user defined

SKGleba

O ja pierdole!
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
nice, I remember all the moaning when 3dsafe was created (which did the same thing for the 3ds), I personally love the idea of thieves not being able to enjoy the fruits of their "labour" and its even more satisfying when its not bypassable, although 4 digits is brute forcible for the really persistent, is it limited to strictly 4 numbers or is it user defined
1) Well i can add unlimited but ~
2) No safemode , no way to bypass unless you are sony
3) After [user sets count] tries - brick

+ all vita keys besides psbutton and vol +/- can be used
it can be hard to find a combo in i.e 5-limit tries

Last edited by SKGleba,

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
1) Well i can add unlimited but ~
2) No safemode , no way to bypass unless you are sony
3) After [user sets count] tries - brick

+ all vita keys besides psbutton and vol +/- can be used
it can be hard to find a combo in i.e 5-limit tries
ahh ok yeah 3dsafe would just allow unlimited attempts so yeah, but I'm guessing some people wouldn't like the risk of 5 incorrect tries and brick, (just in the off chance of a younger relative popping over and thinking it might be fun to try guess your pin or something), might be worth just adding a "if found please contact ******" setting in, might actually help people recover their vitas if they just loose it somewhere.

Well, bending the definition of "bypassable" for sure, but a Vita 1000 motherboard is less than $30 :)
yeah but I think the average burgler/mugger would usually not have the know how to replace the motherboard, lets face it, if they are going around robbing peoples stuff they probably wouldn't have too much disposable cash to spend fixing it up, I guess they could always just sell it for parts though, but at least they still don't get the full value :P

Last edited by gamesquest1,

SKGleba

O ja pierdole!
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
ahh ok yeah 3dsafe would just allow unlimited attempts so yeah, but I'm guessing some people wouldn't like the risk of 5 incorrect tries and brick, (just in the off chance of a younger relative popping over and thinking it might be fun to try guess your pin or something), might be worth just adding a "if found please contact ******" setting in, might actually help people recover their vitas if they just loose it somewhere
As i said - its customizable - you can even add a game to load XD
So instead of setting 5 tries set 9999999 or disable :shrug:

Reactions: gamesquest1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1