Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Making a good game "darker" doesn't make it better imo
Sometimes, it works like in Jak and Daxter, but not so much with Sonic, when they gave Shadow The Hedgehog his own game.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh boy another thread of yours
Inb4 deleted or moved to EoF
On topic;
So basically DKC 1-2 but with Yarn?
Yeah that'd be great
But I highly doubt it'll happen
Is this one of my haters? Stop treating me like The Irate Gamer! I'm 10X better than that hack!

Reactions: Imacaredformy2ds

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly! Being an adult sucks! Well not as much for me since I don't have a job.

I don't work either. I'm trying to get on disability since I'm sick. Nintendo is the only company of the three that's helped with my illness. I play the same games over and over again, 'cause I love 'em. all r on the wii u - a system that's vastly underestimated.

Reactions: thorasgar

03bgood

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't work either. I'm trying to get on disability since I'm sick. Nintendo is the only company of the three that's helped with my illness. I play the same games over and over again, 'cause I love 'em. all r on the wii u - a system that's vastly underestimated.
I know, the only thing I hate about the Wii U is that only 292 games can't be installed, when it's defiantly capable of holding at least 500 games. I'm so glad the Switch is coming out because I'd be pretty pissed if there were more than 292 Virtual Console games released and they had to be separated by flash drives, which is a pain in the ass because the games don't stay organized in the folders. At least on the 3DS/N3DS, you can save up to 8 layouts.

Harvest Moon 64 will mark the 272nd VC release in NA. The Switch launches in about less than a week and I'm glad, too. I just pray that the VC games will transfer over and I don't have to play a full price again for the 3rd or 4th damn time! A discount is okay, I guess.

Last edited by 03bgood,

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...the wii u - a system that's vastly underestimated.

Too true. I just set the remote control up after losing my stock TV remote and I am glad someone thought of that feature; they made it more simple than a universal remote.

Oh, and all the "stuff" you can do.....which is is a lot--from NES to Wii U to emulators to HB, even using the browser is really easy....if only it had flash, but that's a small trade for the benefits of everything else. Can't forget about the gamepad--love being able to play GBA/NDS (that feature use of one screen) on that more than any other device.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't like that either. I used a 2TB drive with the wii u, and it hasn't even surpassed 1tb. :-/ I want a switch, but I don't have the money for it. I'm selling all of my 3ds and vita games on ebay. wouldn't u love to own something owned by pinky/godreborn? it's extra special. ;)

D

Deleted User

No. The yarn games suck. Stop it.

Although I'd be pleased if they made Yarn Metroid to piss off the fanboys

03bgood

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't like that either. I used a 2TB drive with the wii u, and it hasn't even surpassed 1tb. :-/ I want a switch, but I don't have the money for it. I'm selling all of my 3ds and vita games on ebay. wouldn't u love to own something owned by pinky/godreborn? it's extra special. ;)
I hope the Switch can hold up to 5,000 games. Pokemon Bank can store that many Pokemon and there aren't even 5,000 Pokemon species yet, let alone 1,000.

Also, this review was obviously "written" by a diehard CoD fanboy:

http://www.gameskinny.com/l2ea0/rewind-review-the-legend-of-zelda-four-swords-gba

No. The yarn games suck. Stop it.

Although I'd be pleased if they made Yarn Metroid to piss off the fanboys
Still better than those shitty ass M-rated games, especially the shooters.

Last edited by 03bgood,

H1B1Esquire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used a 2TB drive with the wii u, and it hasn't even surpassed 1tb.

Every PS1 game is about 330GB, every NGC game is about 635GB, every Wii game is about *1.5TB* (depends on compression and US/EUR/JP releases), every N64 game is about *12GB* and all the other TG/NG/SAT/SNES/GENS/CD/CPx/VB/GBA/GBC/GB/NES/much others (not including HB) will total about 200GB and run fairly smooth in vWii. Of the games you'd actually play....you might need 2TB.
-----
Pokemon Bank can store that many Pokemon and there aren't even 5,000 Pokemon species yet, let alone 1,000.

You'd be surprised. 802 right now--with shiny, varying natures, special moves, sexes (Pyroar), events, and region variant (Vivillon), you're looking at about 2.5K...maybe more, maybe less.

Last edited by H1B1Esquire,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have multiple vc games. I have the entire database for the wii u. the largest game that I've seen is xenoblade chronicles at 18GBs or so. most games r less a GB though considering most popular games for the system were made by Nintendo 1st or 2nd party (very few basically). 3rd parties dropped the system rather quickly, so there's not much size-wise. I'll leave the 2TB drive intact though. :D

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@godreborn

Well, I hope the best for you--I lost a 450GB HDD recently and I'm not even trying to recover anything until I get a 4TB EHDD/whatever.

I almost lost my 1TB vWii/Wii drive if not for testdisk. something went horribly wrong with it a few weeks ago. I've fixed it though. :) I've backed up all notable files for my ps3, psp, ps2, ps1, 360, wii, wii u, 3ds, and psv . that includes back ups of the sd cards/memory cards/memory sticks and NAND/NOR backups. :D I placed them on two drives to protect them.

Reactions: H1B1Esquire

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I would hope this won't ever gets made. Not because I dislike either (in fact, I'm playing DK:TF again and Yarn Yoshi less than a month ago), but because it would be like combining potato chips with ice cream.

The thing is: the yarn games are easy (fuck...in epic yarn you couldn't even die if you tried, and the Yoshi game is easy on even the "normal" difficulty). The donkey kong games, on the other hand, are difficult by trademark: those mine rides, for example, would never have that same tense feeling if you couldn't lose a life and progress in the whim of a second. And for the yarn theme to work, you'll not only need colorful bright cloth backgrounds but also that childlike music, which'll further remove that tension.

I admit I haven't played much of Yoshi's island, but it wasn't exactly the hardest game on the console. Kirby and Yoshi also share that they're cute and "do good" characters. The donkey kong gang is more a bunch of anarchistic rascals (e.g. in tropical freeze, every time you enter a level, you slam directly into the ground, often stirring up or directly demolishing the background).

All in all, they aim at different audiences: the yarn games are made for smaller children and first time video gamers, the donkey kong games for more veteran gamers. And I don't say this in a diminishing or condescending way: they both do a great job. It's just a different job, and one that IMHO can't be combined.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
getting 100% in kirby and yoshi is pretty difficult. completing the games isn't difficult. the same is true of dkc. it's about getting everything. that's what u should strive to do to get the most bang for ur buck. I loved getting 100% in wooly world and tropical freeze, but I couldn't in the rainbow brush. that's way too difficult for me that I didn't even bother. I have 99% in that game though, so I think most know where that last percentage was - the challenge rooms. my god... ;)

03bgood

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because a games rating is an indication of quality. Mommy must not let little Tim Tim play the "big boy" games
Please don't act that way. I mean the Yarn games are great, just like those who think the shooters are great, sigh.

getting 100% in kirby and yoshi is pretty difficult. completing the games isn't difficult. the same is true of dkc. it's about getting everything. that's what u should strive to do to get the most bang for ur buck. I loved getting 100% in wooly world and tropical freeze, but I couldn't in the rainbow brush. that's way too difficult for me that I didn't even bother. I have 99% in that game though, so I think most know where that last percentage was - the challenge rooms. my god... ;)
I just beat P&YWW last night with a full 100% with all 66 Yoshis, sunflowers, yarn capsules, craft beads, and of course; full heath in all stages, except boss rush mode. I also beat all 6 Poochy stages with all 3 missions for each stage, which was a pain in the ass on stage 6, the fort one with the wooden logs, was so fucking hard and getting 1,500 or more beads was almost fucking impossible! I also rescued all 18 Poochy pups.

Every PS1 game is about 330GB, every NGC game is about 635GB, every Wii game is about *1.5TB* (depends on compression and US/EUR/JP releases), every N64 game is about *12GB* and all the other TG/NG/SAT/SNES/GENS/CD/CPx/VB/GBA/GBC/GB/NES/much others (not including HB) will total about 200GB and run fairly smooth in vWii. Of the games you'd actually play....you might need 2TB.
-----

You'd be surprised. 802 right now--with shiny, varying natures, special moves, sexes (Pyroar), events, and region variant (Vivillon), you're looking at about 2.5K...maybe more, maybe less.
I read a rumor about a decade ago that said the PS3 and PSP was going to get over 7,000 PS1 games. We only have about 200+ PS1 Classics, not even close. To make matters even worse, Sony has dropped PS1 support as the Vita is dead and the PS4 only has PS2 Classics. Sony just ain't that great, anymore. They were awesome during the PS1 and PS2 eras and were still pretty great in the PS3 era as well. But the PS4 era is a joke. At least we're getting an HD remaster of the Crash Bandicoot trilogy. So one good thing has happened during the PS4 era. I hope Spyro, Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, and Sly Cooper are next. We also have the Uncharted trilogy as well. So there are a "few" good things that happened during the PS4 era, but not much.

Last edited by 03bgood,

ultramario1998

no woof tipsic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be honest, I would love both another Donkey Kong game and another Yarn game. Dunno if combining the two would work out, but it would certainly be interesting to see.

H1B1Esquire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read a rumor about a decade ago that said the PS3 and PSP was going to get over 7,000 PS1 games. We only have about 200+ PS1 Classics, not even close.

Were they the same guys who promised bleem! for Dreamcast? Kidding, but I think a lot of those games would have been a waste of money to get licenses, and all the other work. To add to that, I wonder if part of that 7K includes 'greatest hits' and other re-releases.

03bgood

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Were they the same guys who promised bleem! for Dreamcast? Kidding, but I think a lot of those games would have been a waste of money to get licenses, and all the other work. To add to that, I wonder if part of that 7K includes 'greatest hits' and other re-releases.
One thing that the PS1 Classics have that the Virtual Console doesn't have; licensed Disney games. I could see the VC on the Switch with 50 games at launch and then Nintendo gives us about an average of 20-30 games a month, while focusing on newer VC games like some GameCube titles. I mean the Xbox One gets like 20-30 XBLA and Xbox 360 disc based games from the X360 library, every month.

Last edited by 03bgood,

H1B1Esquire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One thing that the PS1 Classics have that the Virtual Console doesn't have; licensed Disney games. I could see the VC on the Switch with 50 games at launch and then Nintendo gives us about an average of 20-30 games a month, while focusing on newer VC games like the GameCube titles. I mean the Xbox One gets like 20 XBLA and Xbox 360 disc based games from the X360 library, every month.
PS4 and X1 aren't hacked to the extent Nintendo systems are. The other part of that is the install base--while 3DS has a huge amount of sold units, there are hardware limitations (and laziness/licensing evidenced by Dracula X for 3DS and Wii U, while Rondo of Blood is out for Wii VC and could have been ported to Wii U) from their O3DS that prevent more titles from being released. When you think about how many N3DS VS O3DS, it doesn't make sense to sink money into the smaller margin, which is why Wii U doesn't get too many VC titles.
TL;DR: Money for licensing, hardware limits, and overall system sales mixed with free online stop Nintendo from having a robust VC.

PS4 and X1 can do whatever when the game is cheap to license (or less than $5.00 at G$) and people are basically paying for it through a subscription--I'd like to think 1/3 of the price goes to maintaining servers and the rest is profit and invested in features to keep you feeling like a statused Gold member. But even then, there are flaws--have you tried downloading DLC for MVC 3 on XB360? I couldn't find it, so who's to say how long you'll be able to play those games if you think, 'I'll DL all the games and delete others and re-download the ones I like later.' only to find out, you can't.
TL;DR: PS4/X1 are basically figuring you're going to spend $60.00 on12 shitty games or 4 pretty good games, but they'll cut you a deal on a choice of 30 decent games in total, throughout the year that you may like or not like and you can enjoy online service in the games you'll actually play.

I guess some of tne Disney games are pretty good if you mean Lion King, Hercules, Toy story, etc.

Last edited by H1B1Esquire,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just beat P&YWW last night with a full 100% with all 66 Yoshis, sunflowers, yarn capsules, craft beads, and of course; full heath in all stages, except boss rush mode. I also beat all 6 Poochy stages with all 3 missions for each stage, which was a pain in the ass on stage 6, the fort one with the wooden logs, was so fucking hard and getting 1,500 or more beads was almost fucking impossible! I also rescued all 18 Poochy pups.

is there a difference between the 3ds version and the wii u version? I've only beaten the wii u one. I haven't played the 3ds version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My therapy chair is padded